Fast Fighting Models

XXX

Best answers
I was just wondering Dalte.....could you also speed up the weak\medium\strong punch and kick animations?

I mean, it looks great seeing them fight fast, but the second the "advanced" melee really starts its all slow again :\

So my Idea (yes I know, its alot of work so if you don't want to do it I can understand why :p )

When you do a weak punch instead of punching once, you punch 2 times (twice as fast as it is now ofcourse)

The medium punches, could be as the weak punches are now

And the hard knock back's should just stay the same...
Same goes for kicks ofcourse

thats my Idea ^_^

Hope you get my idea, if something isn't clear just ask me and Ill try to explain o_O

edit: Oh btw, my fast fighting animations only work on my own server =.= (lucky me :S )

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
XXX said:
I was just wondering Dalte.....could you also speed up the weak\medium\strong punch and kick animations?

I mean, it looks great seeing them fight fast, but the second the "advanced" melee really starts its all slow again :\

So my Idea (yes I know, its alot of work so if you don't want to do it I can understand why :p )

When you do a weak punch instead of punching once, you punch 2 times (twice as fast as it is now ofcourse)

The medium punches, could be as the weak punches are now

And the hard knock back's should just stay the same...
Same goes for kicks ofcourse

thats my Idea ^_^

Hope you get my idea, if something isn't clear just ask me and Ill try to explain o_O

edit: Oh btw, my fast fighting animations only work on my own server =.= (lucky me :S )
I was thinking of speeding up the advanced melee punches and kicks hehe :yes:

I will release another person when I return from church :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yezz... yezzzz.. gimme gimme gimme.. ;)

Did you remember to remove the charge sounds?
And did you manage to use the normal melee sounds?

Anywayz.. can't wait for the release.. good luck.. :laff:

Best answers
heres an idea for your fast paste animation
you know when they go head on and see who win but they just sit there in esf. Change it

it would be cool if they like teleported and fight all over the place until someone got the buttons right, then the person who got it right would beat him up with teleporting everywhere and kick him somewhere as a combo

Best answers
i think the headon stuff is in the esf code or something.... cuz i cant find the headon win combo in the model animations....

Best answers
can someone teach me that stuff and dalte make the fast combo more animated. i mean add more stuff because i just see the same sequence over and over, even though its better than before but i keep noticing the same sequence :p

Best answers
I found out how to remove the charge sound.. it's just a matter of removing a sound file in Vegeta's sound folder in the ESF directory..
PLscream or something like that.. can't remember wich one exactly.. just do a bit of searching and you'll find out..

Anywayz..
Only crit i have left is the sounds.. they'd sound great with the normal ESF melee sounds, only faster..

Also.. before al kinds of side-projects are started (head ons, throws, etc) i'd like to see this lil' masterpiece released with only the fast fighting.. that would allready satisfy me.. :laff:
Good luck..

Best answers
How will this affect those who don't have the models on a server?

Best answers
Shao said:
How will this affect those who don't have the models on a server?
It won't.. changing models and animations will always only be seen by yourself..
If he's talking about speeding up melee, it will only increase the number or speed of the melee animations.. nothing else.. :tired:

True-Warrior15 said:
dalte i think you should have used these vegeta models with the FFM

This model vegeta would have been a better use
A couple of posts back he described how you could attach the fast fighting animations to your own models.. so it's pretty useless to ask for things like this.. just wait for him to release the FFM animations and choose your own models.. :]

Best answers
These are all cool changes, but I think you should only focus on the fast fighting during prepunches and such like you're doing now. I don't think you should worry about all those other suggestions like the head-on jazz until you finish with your initial project.

Best answers
@ TrueWarrior: Just open up Milkshape and hit the animation button
Nice >_>

Best answers
Can somebody help here? Perhaps you Dalte?

Have been trying to assign the Vegeta FFM animations to a different Vegeta model, like you described before, but can't get it to work. ;(

I extracted the the vegeta model mdl into a dir. Both a "normal" one and the one with the FFM animations.
Then i started Milkshape ---> Tools ---> Halflife ---> Decompile normal HL MDL file.
Then you get to choose the model you want to decompile. I picked the FFM Vegeta.

I now get his tiny menu where i can choose the following:
Reference.
Sequences.
Textures.
.QC file

You said to then click "animations only."
Nowhere to be found... o_O
In case it's "sequences"... allready tried that.. it returns me to Milkshape "main menu" with the wires, blue background and stuff, and does nothing..

I can't see a model there either. (in the blue part, with the 4 boxes, should be a model there right?)
Might have something to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated.. o_o

Dalte89 said:
its easy, get milkshape 3d, goto tools-> decompile normal HL model-> select the model u want to decompile-> select animation only->click ok->copy animations from the folderit extracted to->paste it in your own decompiled models-> goto tools ->compile normal HL model->select your qc file and thats it. yay:D.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sentient said:
Can somebody help here? Perhaps you Dalte?

Have been trying to assign the Vegeta FFM animations to a different Vegeta model, like you described before, but can't get it to work. ;(

I extracted the the vegeta model mdl into a dir. Both a "normal" one and the one with the FFM animations.
Then i started Milkshape ---> Tools ---> Halflife ---> Decompile normal HL MDL file.
Then you get to choose the model you want to decompile. I picked the FFM Vegeta.

I now get his tiny menu where i can choose the following:
Reference.
Sequences.
Textures.
.QC file

You said to then click "animations only."
Nowhere to be found... o_O
In case it's "sequences"... allready tried that.. it returns me to Milkshape "main menu" with the wires, blue background and stuff, and does nothing..

I can't see a model there either.. might have something to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated.. o_o
After you decompile the model's sequences, you have to import the character from the folder - probably vegeta.smd- then import fast.smd and the character will play the animation.
To put the animation on another character, copy the fast.smd from my vegeta to your vegeta's folder. Then compile your vegeta's qc file.

Oh and here is Kreshi's vegeta if you guys want it:
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KEIPY7CEN00C29RVOM9TU8I9O

Best answers
What about models with tails, like Frieza and Cell? Or those with other joints like Buu?

Best answers
for some reason it goes all slow now even with the ffm models, and it only went fast one time in the city map, only. Whats wrong?

Best answers
Dalte89 said:
After you decompile the model's sequences, you have to import the character from the folder - probably vegeta.smd- then import fast.smd and the character will play the animation.
To put the animation on another character, copy the fast.smd from my vegeta to your vegeta's folder. Then compile your vegeta's qc file.
Ok, that got me a bit further.. Thx.. :]
Next question.. o_o as far as i can see, there is no "fast.smd" in the folder.. Is it another name? Only smd's i can find starting with an "f" are flying animations.. o_O

Also, can i transfer the files from your to my Vegeta by simple copy and pasting them? :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom