Fast Fighting Models

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have been working a small project for a while, as I have notice many people hated the original style of 1.2 melee. Many hated the the standing still while inputing attacks so I decided to start making models with fight fast animations. So far I got it on Goku, Vegeta, and mystic Gohan. They do include fighting sounds and the truly make the melee feel more active. I have a short clip
showing some of it off. Be aware some of it is hard to see.

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EU9L3XOYAGRM35DWF77IXB0KC

I will release model by model seperately as I progress, starting with Goku. I will be a slightly modified version of the NED GOKU, I hope I have permission to release that goku with the animations :scared: . (PLEASE NED)
If he says yes I will release the model with the animations, if not I will release the original goku model with the anims and other people can use them if they want ;D .

I will release another vid soon because I already know about the quality of the vid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yo dude, that is so cool, advanced melee looks much better now

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow man i must say, that was impressive =] i'd love it if you made those animations downloadable ;) if you just worked on the original esf skelentons then people who knew how to compile/decompile models could just use the animation files =]

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
wow man i must say, that was impressive =] i'd love it if you made those animations downloadable ;) if you just worked on the original esf skelentons then people who knew how to compile/decompile models could just use the animation files =]
I will release it if u want, but I also have sounds on them that sound perfect
so I was gonna release a sample model or something that has the sounds and
the qc in the model configurated to use it ;D . I am trying to get a video with sound but fraps lagged it badly. Ill try again though, I have a video being uploaded without sound but shows more and is longer.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea man, sounds like you know what you're doing =] be sure to keep us updated as this looks very promising

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
second what david said

i would also like to add that by doing this you are making esf a more dbzish enviorment and for that i give ya props man =D

Best answers
Looking good!!! :shocked:

I suggested something like this a while ago, but i didn't expect someone not even in the ESF team to actually create it. :)
Makes the battles look alot more exciting, and adds to the DBZ feeling..

Great job, if you decide to release this, it would improve 1.2 melee alot!! :yes:

*EDIT*

Dalte89 said:
I will release model by model seperately as I progress, starting with Goku. I will be a slightly modified version of the NED GOKU, I hope I have permission to release that goku with the animations :scared: . (PLEASE NED)
If he says yes I will release the model with the animations, if not I will release the original goku model with the anims and other people can use them if they want ;D
Sooo.. will we only be able to have fast fighting with the models you
pre-"made", (for example NED's Goku) or will we be able to replace models with our own, and still have fast fighting?
*Praying to God Allmighty that it's #2* o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah awesome =p omg thats so coool... im not sure, i couldnt tell, maybe u can also customize the prepunching to do something besides punching, like turn around kicks, elbows to the face, stuff like taht

Best answers
imkongkong said:
..maybe u can also customize the prepunching to do something besides punching, like turn around kicks, elbows to the face, stuff like taht
:idea: What he said.. :laff:

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I will release the model or models for those that want it and I will also release the animation so that the modelers can recompile the models with the new animations. Hopefully people will see this and redo all their older models with it.

About the prepunch idea, I have already thought about doing this and I think I will do it.

The video will coming soon, as my mouse starting acting stupid and I got pissed and through it across the room, replacing it with me new mouse. I had to restart my comp and the video was not even sent right or something. I can post pictures if u want though?

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wanna ask yall a question: Since I don't want all the characters to attack the same, do u think that I should make Frieza attack only with his tail? I completed its animation and about to try it in game. I also have the regular punch and kick version done also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frieza should punch and kick and use his tail =p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89 said:
I wanna ask yall a question: Since I don't want all the characters to attack the same, do u think that I should make Frieza attack only with his tail? I completed its animation and about to try it in game. I also have the regular punch and kick version done also.
Please edit your previous post next time, instead of double posting. Thanks. :)

It would be cool if frieza would have his arms crossed, and kicking and attacking with his tail. Like he did in the seried. (when he gave Goku that handicap)

Just watched the video. As the others have said, its quite impressive. It makes melee seem faster. It kinda reminds me of Budokai also, when the two players enter the burst mode. :)

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So far the all tail melee works quite well. Ill start working on the tail and kick one. Ill make a video and post the tail melee tomorrow. I gotta go to bed though. :tired: Ill be up for a while while im eating my raisin bran hmm...raisin bran.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey dalte, is it just me or is the second video sort of like screenshots? i mean it's not really flowing from frame to frame like a video.. it holds one screenshot for a few seconds, then switches to another and holds that frame for a few seconds

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nah its a video its just that the ...*eating*... the FPS of the video is kinda freaky. oh tomorrow's video might have sound in it finally.;D

EDIT: Actually I think your video is just goin a little stiff, it shouldn't be holding frames for multiple seconds o_O .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was watchin it in media classic player, so the vid without sound made it lagg that way.. i switched to the updated media player and it was fine =o.. im guessing how you did it was making the animations come right away when inputted right? i love it, i hope darktooth reads this thread, and do the same with 1.3 =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom