Fast charged beams, better PSing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the show sometimes the characters are able to quick charge a powerful beam, but they are then more tired when they do. I'm suggesting quick-charge attacks which would be much faster but at the cost of more KI.

While charging attacks, right click would not be to pause the charging. While holding the left click button, you click right click a few times and then the bar would be fully charged, but at the cost of more ki.

Now what if you don't have enough ki left? Thus a negative ki bar.

The ki bar would then go into negative state. You will be immobile until your negative ki bar would fill up again. The more ki needed, the more the negative ki bar would drain.

Also this could work in power struggles. While PSing, right click should pump more PL into it. So if you keep pumping into your negative ki bar, you would then be at a greater risk of being immobile longer. If however you drain the negative ki bar because of too much pumping, your health would then start to drain.

The negative ki bar would recover pretty quickly. To fully recharge a negative ki bar would take 10 seconds reasonably because if you take that risk to use so much, you should be penalized.

Best answers
But for the quick charge beams, perhaps there will be a need for some new animations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really, they're just shooting it right away

Best answers
I kinda like it... But this sould make them slight weaker to... And then make the long charge stronger ... A bit ....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they get faster, they need to be weakened by a lot. Beams are really spammable now and adding speed to it while keeping the damage the same is just ludicrous.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
If they get faster, they need to be weakened by a lot. Beams are really spammable now and adding speed to it while keeping the damage the same is just ludicrous.
Agreed, in the anime usually speed is sacrficed for power or vice versa, there is never a combination.

I don't like negative ki.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a bad Idea, but let me get it straight. Hold the left button to normally charge a beam, and press/hold the right to increase the speed of charge? I like that Idea, but I think instead of a negative ki bar, you should just stop charging like you normally would. No need to implement a whole new system for something that small. Also, it should take more ki overall to quickly charge a beam, maybe 50% more of the original ki cost. Other than that, I give it a thumbs up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The negative ki bar would work as if you want to go beyond your limits, thus being tired would occur. This happens in the DBZ series and in many of the DBZ games where if u use too much ki and you're at your end, you're then tired. (snes super butouden series, psx legends, UB, final bout)

edit: i was thinking you click once, then it fills 1/3 but at the cost of 50 percent more ki needed. You click three times, it fills up totally but with no more ki left.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean, I'm just saying that you really don't need to go into so much detail. I think it would just be fine with how it is now when you run out of ki while charging.

Best answers
I do not like this idea simply because of the balance issues that would arise in a 1on1 environment. For example Vegeta had the strongest energy blasts in the game. How would you feel if ssj Vegeta did throw+Big Bang Attack on you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of faster charges for greater ki cost, but not negative ki. Ki being the bodies energy, if it drops below a theoretical 1, you'd be dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, when you get down to 4 health or beneath, your ki starts to drop. When it reaches 0, you simply die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just think about it. if you are in dire need of more ki, you can use that ki but at a certain cost. you still have to watch and limit yourself to how many times you fire blasts or what not, but if you do take the chance, it's would be more possible to put up a better fight, such as in power struggles. power struggles are too simple to do and it's really hard to make a big difference with the current system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not true. If two fighters are relatively equal, their power struggles are very balanced. If one fighter were to go all out then the other would do the same and it would be the same conclusion.
Avenger is 100% right, when you get to 0 ki you die, allowing for negative ki is contradictory to that rule.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually when you get to 0 PL (4 HP or less) you die, or 0 HP, 0 KI just means you can't attack, you have to recharge first.

I think you should be tired (unable to attack, limping) until you naturally recharge back up to 5% ki. But it's not possible to have negative ki, it's like bleeding until you have 'negative blood'.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not sayin it to actually MEAN negative ki, it's just figurative that you go beyond your capacity, and the more you go beyond your capactiy (thus when i said the bar drains) you lose health, which everyone here is saying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh, thats what I meant 0 pl not ki. You're right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom