F.E.A.R. SP Demo Tomorrow!

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who's excited? Singleplayer demo tomorrow, according to IGN. I want to see how the game plays.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not excited. I've seen the videos and wasn't impressed.. I'll still download the demo though, just to give it a shot.

Best answers
Can't take my eyes away from the count down on Gamespot :D
The game looks fantastic, it's been a while since I've been so excited about a game actually. I just hope download servers don't buckle under pressure like when the Battlefield 2 demon was released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's this game all about? I better go check it out.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a horror FPS, which is basically all I know. It's really pretty though.

Best answers
Not impressed with fear?

Go watch the GDC presentation of the first level of fear and say that.

Combines melee combat, with horror, intelligent AI and good guns and its not impressive?

Www.Gametrailers.com
has the GDC presentation, also the gamespot union of fear one of the decapitation pics had me stunned at how real it looked.

Best answers
Don't forget bullet time! The slow motion effects rocked. The game also looks scary as hell. I remember watching 3 high res video's of the game about a year ago, and that alone made me feel uncomfortable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm totally stoked for this, I can't wait to play it. Or at least attempt to, then get sad cuz it just crushes my weak ass computer. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game has got my hyped since the first trailer, I love horror games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
downloading now, still got a hour to go cos gamespot is slow at the moment =\ probably cos alot of people are downloading it

Best answers
I'm only getting 42kb on File Front, but that's the fastest I can find :(
3 hours 40 mins left, might get to play it tonight if I feel like staying up. Can't wait :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...I dont see what makes this game so scary ;(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aaarg >.< it wont install for me \o/!! everytime i try to load the installer...it just crashes....just my luck -_-'

managed to get it installed now...but it wont start...only a black screen...my computer eats large demos for some reason....*sets pc on fire*

*edit2*
the readme gives several known issues that cause a black screen

Code:
* Selecting a display resolution that is supported by your video card but
  not your monitor will result in a black screen. If this occurs, use
  ALT-F4 to quit the application, and then use the display option in the
  configuration utility (CONFIG.EXE) to select a resolution supported by
  your monitor.

* Launching the game in Windows(R) XP 64-Bit Edition with ATI Radeon Windows(R)
  64-Bit edition Beta Drivers 3 may result in a black screen on launch. To work
  around this issue, toggle your color quality settings in Windows(R) from 32
  to 16-bit (or vice-versa) and then back again. This should allow the game to
  launch normally. 

ATI Radeon:

* Enabling FSAA and Pixel Doubling at the same time will result in a black screen. 
  This appears to be a driver issue.

well, the first one is ruled out, because i tried every screen resolution, my video card supports 1280x1024 and so does my monitor
second is also run out, i dont use 64-bit edition

and well...i dont know how to fix the third one, i have the newest drivers, but i read somewhere that you could fix it in "windows control panel" so i guess i will check there X_x

Best answers
I played it be warned people with bad comps it has high settings even on low performance!

My brothers computer wasn't up to snuff but what i did play of it blew me away, shot limbs off, gore galore, and the ai is freaking smart even on a low difficulty!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wont install for me, in fact, it wont even let me unzip it =/ tells me the file is corrupt or an unreadable file type.

Best answers
Maybe your download got b0rked then?
Hope mine is alright. 30 mins left. I'd be pissed if I had to download it all again at 40kbs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played it and it ran like crap; 2.6 gig, 512 mb of ram and a Radeon 9800 couldn't run this game at 640x480 without chopping every second or two. When it DID ran good for a sec or so, I noted how fun it was to play...but then it stuttered again.

Best answers
Sounds like you need to turn your texture detail down a bit. Also, if it's a frame rate problem, make sure you've not got soft shadows enabled. That has a major impact on performance. Also, as a last resort, try turning shadows off altogether to get it running smooth.

and well...i dont know how to fix the third one, i have the newest drivers, but i read somewhere that you could fix it in "windows control panel" so i guess i will check there X_x
You shouldn't need control panel for the third problem on that list. Both pixel doubling and anti aliasing options are in game. It's one of the advanced options somewhere, so make sure pixel doubling is turned off.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got it, played it, loved it. VERY creepy. However, the lack of 1280x1024 is ghey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom