F.E.A.R. SP Demo Tomorrow!

Best answers
http://www.gametrailers.com/

New video of the whole demo being played, im glad i got to see it in its high quality and they did other things to make it looks fun and realistic, check it out.

BTW *Spoiler* Isn't the pistol a bit to strong?

Best answers
omfg! this is tehh my future game to get! if/when i get my new com. that i should get! ;) then it's like *WUSH!* off to dl FEAR! rawr

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe I missed something, but I can't say I was floored by this game. It looks better than Doom 3 and half life 2, but, well... I don't know. That seems to be about it. I haven't seen enough of the AI to tell if that's any good, but I know the story and voice acting are equally corntacular (I'm not really a fan of it). The horror stuff was pulled off.. eh... decently. A little better than Doom 3, but again, it's only part of one level, so I can't judge anything off of it. Little girls are creepy, sure, but like that hallway seemed really tacky and far from spooky. The weapons have a nice kick to them, though. I also feel the slow mo is lamely cliche now.

If nothing else though, at least it's a new game, and it seems polished. I'll scan some reviews before I pick it up, but I'll probably end up slapping down 40 bucks (Fry's electronics has great prices) when it pops out of the oven and onto the shelves.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bullet time thingy, is in "max payne 1 and 2, in vampire bloodlines, also in bloodrayne if I'm correct, and more"

Do I care if this game also has it?

NO :D

The game rocks, I don't care if a billion games have slomo stuff in it, this game just rocks, and it doesn't feel like true slomo like in those other games, its different.

The demo was awesome, I'm playing it over and over again, and have to find out how to kick some guy in the crotch :p

I'm really glad someone posted this thread, because I never check new games and demo's on sites allot, so yay :D

*edit*

The game froze one time, okay, can accept that, but I have to re-asign every key every freaking minute coz the game forgets them the entire time!

wtf? odd bug <_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the AI were awsome, even on easy difficulty.

example: the first major firefight i got into, they tried pinning me down from a covered position, while 2 others outflanked me.

i managed to shoot over a shelf to block access. so they went prone, and crawled underneath @_@

thats something the combine NEVER did...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think i need to reinstall my windows since i tried the demo in a different windows and it does work there....though...i wasnt that impressed by the grahpics, more..annoyed...i mean it has similair graphics as half life 2/doom 3 on medium settings, but i can run half life 2 and doom3 on maximum settings, but have problems with running fear, they didnt really polish the graphics =\

same quality as half life 2 and doom 3 but runs alot harder on my pc...but then again...i can only imagine how the game will look on maximum >.<

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
OMG OMG OMG!!! must.. buy .. that .. game >_<
its so awesome! just played it, dark outside, lights off and with surround sound set to a really high volume :D
great demo :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****.... Holy ****ing ****... Holy **** sucking mother ****ing ****...

This game blew me away. I cant describe how ****ING tight this game is. \o/!

Im getting the game when it comes out.

*Spoiler* When you climb down the ladder, and see that ****ing girl sitting there, and disappearing. I jumped. You get down and theres the dude sitting there, "You all must die..." I almost punched my monitor \o/ */spoiler*

I like how the game isnt all Scarified as Doom 3, as in it has a LOT of action, and it has a creepy feel to it instead of trying to scare you every waking moment :p

1337/10 from me

Best answers
Everytime i try to change my performance setting the game freezes, how or why is this happening?

Everything in the game runs but evry time i go to change perfomance it freezes on me?

Anyone have a answer or have experienced this problem their selves?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it froze for me for like... 30 seconds at most (when i first switched to highest settings). but other than that, nothing much...

maybe your system just takes longer? does it freeze indefinately?

Best answers
Well i finally got it working on my brothers comp cause mine is in the shop after exploding, here my review.

Ok firstly his comp is ok, it runs BF2 in low quality which makes him happy.

P4 1.7 geforce fx 5200, 764 mb ddr ram, and 27 gig hardrive.

Now they say that if u can run HL2 u can run fear right?

Of course they are right! This game ran like a dream till it came to well lit and shadowed areas then the fps dropped to 5 or so but returned to normal soon after.

All his settings were low so when i shot someone no blood, no gore, no nothing no particle effects on things i hit just a little spark and poof the mark wasn't even left.

When i tossed a grenade at someone it exploded on impact and the resulting dustball looked as if i shot a mummy, the only time someone bled was when a explosion beside them occured, when i shot someone with the plasma sniper it cause them to shrivel into skeletons and backflip while shooting, while it was cool it was also fun.

Regardless of the graphical value the game was still fun, He has no reflections on anything, the little girl looked like a childs doll, and dead people looked like piles of nothing, and even the hammer wasn't impressive, when it comes to low graphics i say FEAR pays the bills, as for high it owns the bank =).

The game is fun no matter the graphics, my comp is currently in the shop so i have to make due till i get it back, but just to be clear it will run on a pc this bad, so don't say it won't =D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read your things, and im wondering, where the hell do you get all these weapons!

Only weapons i find is an assualt rifle, MP5, Pistol, Nail Gun, and a Shotgun.

wheres the plasma sniper? and/or any other weapon :0

edit: also, i used to be able to blow peoples heads and limbs off, but it stopped. now they just fall and die. how do you blow their limbs off :0

Best answers
The sniper gun is in the room where the dead guy is on the floor, next to a recording of the ghost girl appearing behind a guard.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
An example of the ai, if you make noise they ll come searching for you, through the WHOLE level.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this was an action game, not a horror game, this is on my wish list. Sadly (and dont call me a cat), but I hate horror. It just freaks me out. O_O.

Best answers
but I hate horror. It just freaks me out
I think (and don't quote me on this), that's the point of horror games :D
You have played the demo right?

Best answers
Limbs are blown off by hitboxes on the joints.

The way u take a head off from behind is zoom with the pistol is how i do it, and hit the part where the next connects the head, arms the same way with the shoulder, blowing in half i haven't done tho.

Best answers
Downloading demo now, looking forward to seeing what this game is capable of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amayirot Akago said:
The sniper gun is in the room where the dead guy is on the floor, next to a recording of the ghost girl appearing behind a guard.
Ghost girl behind a guard?

*spizoiler* are you talking about when that girl ran behind the wood pieces, and in the back theres that dead guy?

If so, im begging you, can you please tlel me where its in there. I hate that room to death. Whenever i walk in it, my heart will start pounding hella fast, and i went to search once, and my hearts pounding, cause i just have a feeling she's in there, but i convince myself that she's gone for later in the game, and i see her ****ing RUN in the corner of my screen, and i got so scared, i immediatly went to the ladder and just went up. o_o That game gives me the willis :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom