Extra option in block struggles

Best answers
In the Majin saga, Majin Vegeta fires a generic beam which Goku block struggles. Goku is losing the struggle (Vegeta is already transformed, and Goku is not) but he isn't locked into the struggle. With an obvious effort (cost in ki) Goku manages to flip himself around the blast, which flies unobstructed through the stadium wall and subsequently destroys a city.
Could we do something like that? A block struggle is fine, but if you're DEFINITELY losing from the very start, why not allow that manuever (at a HUGE cost in ki)? I wouldn't want it to be spammed... but I'd like to see it possible (somehow).
Thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Best answers
It would be just too unfair in my opinion, in fact anybody could survive any blast with that kind of maneuver. Its a very good idea, in fact very realistic, but you must also think of the balance of the game. You have to make beams worth something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly using that anyone with a decent bar of ki could dodge any blast

Best answers
This is indeed the problem I saw with the suggestion (I wouldn't want to see it spammed). I agree that the cost in ki to do it should be truly murderous (3/4 of a bar or more) and perhaps there should be a cost in hp as well to make block struggling more attractive.

The hp cost sounds like the best way to make this a non-spammed maneuver. You would do it to prevent certain death by a huge attack, but it would cost you all your ki and an unhealthy chunk of hp (but you wouldn't die!). This way, big attacks still achieve the goal of taking a bunch of hp, however, skilled players can survive for a bit longer if they're willing to pay the price.

Additionally, this can only be done by someone already block struggling, so they have to have to skill to block to even attempt this in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom