• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
2 more days until....well.....nothing happens really -_-. Thread/poll closes and nothing changes. Hooraa....wait what?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When can we expect to hear about your decision?

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a fair question. As it stands right now both the team and the community are close to being evenly divided. This makes the decision process a little bit more difficult than if the vote split had been something like 70/30.

The team has been reading through the thread comments and both sides have made some good points. Just today internal discussions around ESF's release strategy have spun back up. This isn't going to be an easy decision to make and may take a few weeks to sort out.

Also, just to set some expectations, no! ESF:F is not ready for release. At the current rate of development a phase 1 release could happen sometime late in 2012. A full release wouldn't likely show up until 2013 or later. This can all change as resources come and go, of course.

Best answers
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.........

in 2 days time the Kraken will be released unless we sacrifice the princess???? Great......

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That's a fair question. As it stands right now both the team and the community are close to being evenly divided. This makes the decision process a little bit more difficult than if the vote split had been something like 70/30.

The team has been reading through the thread comments and both sides have made some good points. Just today internal discussions around ESF's release strategy have spun back up. This isn't going to be an easy decision to make and may take a few weeks to sort out.

Also, just to set some expectations, no! ESF:F is not ready for release. At the current rate of development a phase 1 release could happen sometime late in 2012. A full release wouldn't likely show up until 2013 or later. This can all change as resources come and go, of course.
Sounds great! Thanks for the information

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Good to hear. Whatever you guys choose, we'll be supporting all of you 100%. Knock the release out of the park! ^_^

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Good to hear. Whatever you guys choose, we'll be supporting all of you 100%. Knock the release out of the park! ^_^
We will support you if you choose phase 1* xD

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We will support you if you choose phase 1* xD
I want 1 release, but honestly, 2 releases might not be such a bad idea. The small 'light' release would definitely bring to light a lot of bugs that might go unnoticed by a handful of testers with a limited range of hardware to test on.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I want 1 release, but honestly, 2 releases might not be such a bad idea. The small 'light' release would definitely bring to light a lot of bugs that might go unnoticed by a handful of testers with a limited range of hardware to test on.
What I mean with 2 releases is more in the direction of 1 release and a follow up that fixes bugs.. no reason to make 1 release with a lot of bugs.. then make a second release with the firstb ugs released but then you have 500 new transformations and chars that have 101401 more bugs... so better just see what bugs there can be fixed after the final release.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
2 releases could point out hardware specific bugs indeed...
but on the other side i don't want to see esf end up like nnk.
Nnk stopped after r1 and the homepage has a news post of 05/01...
So 1 release might be better for the team itself i guess less work to split it.

maybe the team should let us know a bit what they want ? ^^

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. And it would increase ESF's fanbase greatly.
Ofc there will be bugs but not major ones i'm sure.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stop comparing NNK with ESF.

Also, it has been said before. Phase 1 release would be as bugfree as the full release would be. Only the content will differ.

Then of course if people happen to find more bugs they would probably fix them in the second release.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. And it would increase ESF's fanbase greatly.
Ofc there will be bugs but not major ones i'm sure.
Well, there are major bugs in almost every game release. There are still major bugs in 1.2.3 (Off the top of my head, I can name one way to deliberately crash a server, a multitude of other crashes [for example, someone starts to beam jump and gets simple melee'd = crash], a bug that makes you invisible, a bug that makes you control a frieza disk that can automatically home into anyone on the server, a bug that makes you teleport inside anyone you want so that they're unable to move, a bug that makes kiblobs stay on the screen which will kill fps if you don't restart the game, ), so I think it's safe to say that there will be a few in the next release. I think Ren has a video of the frieza disk bug, I'm going to ask him for it because it's hilarious and awesome.

edit: I got the video from Ren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV9OkXbt9nM

Last edited:
Best answers
Release in two steps

I just noticed this poll existed.

Release in two versions, this poll has been open for over a month and you've only got 300 voters. This comunity could use a boost, ESF Servers too.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is more or less a private poll. Its happenings weren't posted across the web, at sites like moddb and similar, so it makes sense that the turnout is low.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there are major bugs in almost every game release. There are still major bugs in 1.2.3 (Off the top of my head, I can name one way to deliberately crash a server, a multitude of other crashes [for example, someone starts to beam jump and gets simple melee'd = crash], a bug that makes you invisible, a bug that makes you control a frieza disk that can automatically home into anyone on the server, a bug that makes you teleport inside anyone you want so that they're unable to move, a bug that makes kiblobs stay on the screen which will kill fps if you don't restart the game, ), so I think it's safe to say that there will be a few in the next release. I think Ren has a video of the frieza disk bug, I'm going to ask him for it because it's hilarious and awesome.

edit: I got the video from Ren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV9OkXbt9nM
Heh... it seems i didn't play enough. I knew about the kiblob one and there's one when you teleport into the map grounds and get stuck(don't remember if it was plain 1.2.3 or EVM included).

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Heh... it seems i didn't play enough. I knew about the kiblob one and there's one when you teleport into the map grounds and get stuck(don't remember if it was plain 1.2.3 or EVM included).
Well there is one specific thing that created 30 bugs in 1.2.3 lol.

Discord Member
Best answers
look guys .... EVERY GAME has bugs. but u dont release a game til you have taken care most of em/or at least haven't had sited any MAJOR ones or bunch of little ones for a while. then game is released and u find other bugs specific to different things. generally ppl call these "betas".

now what the ESF team wants to do is .... release the game but not in beta in 2 phases. the first phase (after they havent had bug problems for a while) release the game with the current system models and maps that are ALREADY DONE N READY with limited characters/maps/transformations. if there are bugs they will probably have it fixed for phase 2 unless it's something absolutely necessary.

then after some time (after modeling has been done and rest of coding) FULL RELEASE OF GAME with EVERYTHING INSIDE. and more bug fixes = final release.

NOW only thing option 2 is doing is letting us PLAY THE CURRENT SYSTEM which is already done and ready with all the amazing graphics current models n stuff.

now ALL GAMES go through this ... dont matter if its NNK or ESF 1.3 or ESF 1.2 or w/e the ORIGINAL ESF had an alpha AND a beta .... and guess what PPL STILL PLAYING IT ur logic that "oh dont b another nnk" "oh dont *** **** up cuz this happened before" is all INVALID cuz this system has been working for ages and ages. long before some of u were born in fact ^_^

and FINALLY am glad Sub said something smart for once ^_^ see how he uses no cliche's in what he says. all true facts. option 2 IS a great way to go for obvious reasons. option 1 though at the current time allows for dev team to work pressure/stress free and may result in a quicker FULL release than option 2 (maybe by quite a few months) but then again if option 2 happens and more interest flows and more modelers come and programmers coders and such .... that could hasten a full release as well.

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
look guys .... EVERY GAME has bugs. but u dont release a game til you have taken care most of em/or at least haven't had sited any MAJOR ones or bunch of little ones for a while. then game is released and u find other bugs specific to different things. generally ppl call these "betas".

now what the ESF team wants to do is .... release the game but not in beta in 2 phases. the first phase (after they havent had bug problems for a while) release the game with the current system models and maps that are ALREADY DONE N READY with limited characters/maps/transformations. if there are bugs they will probably have it fixed for phase 2 unless it's something absolutely necessary.

then after some time (after modeling has been done and rest of coding) FULL RELEASE OF GAME with EVERYTHING INSIDE. and more bug fixes = final release.

NOW only thing option 2 is doing is letting us PLAY THE CURRENT SYSTEM which is already done and ready with all the amazing graphics current models n stuff.

now ALL GAMES go through this ... dont. matter if its NNK or ESF 1.3 or ESF 1.2 or w/e the ORIGINAL ESF had an alpha AND a beta .... and guess what PPL STILL PLAYING IT ur logic that "oh dont b another nnk" "oh dont *** **** up cuz this happened before" is all INVALID cuz this system has been working for ages and ages. long before some of u were born in fact ^_^

and FINALLY am glad Sub said something smart for once ^_^ see how he uses no cliche's in what he says. all true facts. option 2 IS a great way to go for obvious reasons. option 1 though at the current time allows for dev team to work pressure/stress free and may result in a quicker FULL release than option 2 (maybe by quite a few months) but then again if option 2 happens and more interest flows and more modelers come and programmers coders and such .... that could hasten a full release as well.
Tanks for telling me what beta mean really neeed!!!!

Ok jokes aside. Nnk's work was half added because they didn't finish it. Reason I think op 1 is best is because ppl will get to experience all elements instead of the gameplay lacking stuff. Well the other method might make you excited about release 2 but at that time theres a possibility that you're already bored of r1 and quit the game... if nnk made r2 sooner with a memory leak fix I think it would have a greater amount of players. Thus I say option 1 and hence I compared it to nnk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom