• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe we have reached a point that the team could have easily avoided if they provided enough information at the start of the poll.

While we are still in the dark about how the game plays right now therefore having no idea how "complete" the game feels or if there could be added improvements, saying now that Option 1 basically means that the way the game plays could be improved if new ideas pop up, which would obviously mean that development could take an indefinite amount of time, and that Option 2 basically means that the game will be considered as finished in Phase 1, no more implementation of ideas at all, while Phase 2 would be like an addon or DLC if you wish, the game will only be extended with more content.

I do not feel that at any point when I read the explanation of the poll that this information was revealed at all. This means that I wish to recast my vote on to Option 1 and I am probably not the only person that feels that way so it kind of renders this poll useless now....
That's not what it would be like at all. Since Grega SUCKS DONKEY PENIS AT EXPLAINING THINGS, and the 1.2/1.2.3 example he used was pretty poor, I'll try to clear things up.

From what it sounds like, the Phase 1 will be released with 3-4 characters, a couple of maps, the current melee system as well as the beam system, and a deathmatch game mode. In short, they'll basically be releasing what they have with some cut content. Phase 2 will have more gameplay options, such as more characters, probably a more defined melee system, more maps, and more gamemodes. Phase 2 will basically be a huge upgrade from Phase 1, from the sounds of it.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never asked you this, but, why did you nickname yourself "Damaera"? Is it some anime character? What is it???

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
While we are still in the dark about how the game plays right now therefore having no idea how "complete" the gameplay feels like, me, we, the community, do not know if there could be added improvements.
For anyone that still doesn't totally understand the difference between a 'Single' release and 'Phased' releases, all you need to do is look here. What you see in the quote, WILL. NOT. HAPPEN. You will have NO say in changes to the overall system of the game. All that WILL happen, is you will get access to the game, after it's polished up. A few characters, maybe a few maps, a few transformations and that is all.

This of course wont stop the flood of "I think the Kamehameha/Final Flash/(insert random attack here) should be stronger! QQ" or "I think the basic melee/combo melee/bonus melee, should do this! QQ" but it will NOT be changed unless the team decides it is worth changing for the sake of balance.

Someone made a comparison earlier in the thread, if Phase 1 is "Marvel vs. Capcom 3", then Phase 2 would be "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3".. NO change at all in gameplay, just the addition of things that were not in Phase 1, such as missing characters/maps/transformations.

Hope that sorted out some questions, and shed a bit more of a clear light on what would happen with the 2 phase release option.

EDIT:

I'd like to add something if I may:

which would obviously mean that development could take an indefinite amount of time but would result in a much greater/"perfect" game
This quote makes me feel that you seem to think that, if option 2 is selected, and the team does go through with it, that they will now be running on a clock. This couldn't be further from the truth, as NO date has been given as to when Phase 1 would be released if it was the option that was picked. The team COULD (not that they would) still work on it for another 5 years before releasing phase 1.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^This.

And it isn't even going to be a Beta Test. They don't want us to test for bugs so that they can clear it up in Phase 2. While that may be an added bonus, the only reason they are going to release Phase 1 is for us, only so that we can get a taste of ESF sooner than we normally would.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
or missing mooooooooooooooooooodes :D MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE

LET ME ALSO ADDDD THAT. This isnt like the old esf's believeeeee me when I say, even if you had only 1 character (WHICH U WONT), that 1 character alone has soooo much involved and is so different. Like we are talking different combo melee animations and moves, different attacks, 3 unique tiers of super bonus moves that are all FAWKIN EPIC. Plus thats not even including things like throws and OTHER things which you have not to see per character.

And remember, this is all from 1 CHARACTER it self. Imagine having maybe 5 or so. Plus each character's transformation once again gives a bunch of unique differences and special moves. So lets say you had Goku and then SSJ Goku and Gohan and SSJ GOhan. All 4 of those characters have awesome cool completely unique moves and awesome stuff going on. 1 Character alone DESTROYS the entire gameplay awesomeness and epicness of the whole 1.2 cast's combat system. And thats the damn truth BY FAR. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also, if we were to do a phase, we would use knowledge gained about which attacks are spammable or what not and have tweaks and balancing applied to following phases and such. So either way you win you ugly disgusting people :)

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wooooooot!

GIVE US KANNONBALL Z FINAL!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For anyone that still doesn't totally understand the difference between a 'Single' release and 'Phased' releases, all you need to do is look here. What you see in the quote, WILL. NOT. HAPPEN. You will have NO say in changes to the overall system of the game. All that WILL happen, is you will get access to the game, after it's polished up. A few characters, maybe a few maps, a few transformations and that is all.

This of course wont stop the flood of "I think the Kamehameha/Final Flash/(insert random attack here) should be stronger! QQ" or "I think the basic melee/combo melee/bonus melee, should do this! QQ" but it will NOT be changed unless the team decides it is worth changing for the sake of balance.

Someone made a comparison earlier in the thread, if Phase 1 is "Marvel vs. Capcom 3", then Phase 2 would be "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3".. NO change at all in gameplay, just the addition of things that were not in Phase 1, such as missing characters/maps/transformations.
Sorry to say, but I'm really not going to take your word on this, mainly because I don't believe that all of the gameplay will be completed by the time the first phase is ready to be released. I also highly doubt that there will be zero gameplay changes between the time the first phase comes out to the time the final phase comes out.

The phased releases are a perfect opportunity to get the input from the community so they can improve the gameplay and make it as flawless as possible. Additionally, I would just like to point out that the fans are capable of making worthwhile suggestions and they don't just complain about the examples you listed. I really doubt that the team wouldn't listen to worthy community input that would be given if/when Phase 1 is released. And as far as I remember, the team has always been open to reasonable suggestions that would greatly improve the gameplay experience.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't take my word for it.

This however means the following. The gameplay will not change regardless of suggestions. There may be smaller tweaks, but we will not be recreating elements of the game for Phase 2. Phase 2 will focus on adding the missing stuff (chars, forms) and fixing small issues.
Grega clearly states it for me.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to say, but I'm really not going to take your word on this, mainly because I don't believe that all of the gameplay will be completed by the time the first phase is ready to be released. I also highly doubt that there will be zero gameplay changes between the time the first phase comes out to the time the final phase comes out.

The phased releases are a perfect opportunity to get the input from the community so they can improve the gameplay and make it as flawless as possible. Additionally, I would just like to point out that the fans are capable of making worthwhile suggestions and they don't just complain about the examples you listed. I really doubt that the team wouldn't listen to worthy community input that would be given if/when Phase 1 is released. And as far as I remember, the team has always been open to reasonable suggestions that would greatly improve the gameplay experience.
Darktooth has already said gameplay is complete

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
or missing mooooooooooooooooooodes :D MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE

LET ME ALSO ADDDD THAT. This isnt like the old esf's believeeeee me when I say, even if you had only 1 character (WHICH U WONT), that 1 character alone has soooo much involved and is so different. Like we are talking different combo melee animations and moves, different attacks, 3 unique tiers of super bonus moves that are all FAWKIN EPIC. Plus thats not even including things like throws and OTHER things which you have not to see per character.

And remember, this is all from 1 CHARACTER it self. Imagine having maybe 5 or so. Plus each character's transformation once again gives a bunch of unique differences and special moves. So lets say you had Goku and then SSJ Goku and Gohan and SSJ GOhan. All 4 of those characters have awesome cool completely unique moves and awesome stuff going on. 1 Character alone DESTROYS the entire gameplay awesomeness and epicness of the whole 1.2 cast's combat system. And thats the damn truth BY FAR. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also, if we were to do a phase, we would use knowledge gained about which attacks are spammable or what not and have tweaks and balancing applied to following phases and such. So either way you win you ugly disgusting people :)
So its BlazBlue except that its a multi character online fighter(Is that the right way to describe this...?) and is 3D instead of 2D and has Dragon Ball characters...
YES
My mind will now forever be stuck on this track until this releases then D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsgDoFp6AM&feature=related

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Option 1 = I don't want a demo, and wait 2-3 years for the full game
Option 2 = I want a demo
Option 2 = Is not a beta

76 people don't want a demo.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah this isn't really Youtube.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Rule violation:
Dirty thinking

You will never see my gun xD

Another crime:
Very unsure if you understand or not.

Penalty for this:
Just relax man.
I am only kidding here.
You dont see the :p

But hope you understand whats going on here.
At least I did receive and answer to my question.
No qte's no op moves. This means I did nothing wrong. Option 2 for the go.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Option 1 = I don't want a demo, and wait 2-3 years for the full game
Option 2 = I want a demo
Option 2 = Is not a beta

76 people don't want a demo.
I'd rather let the team do their own thing and just get it done, who knows it might only be 8 months away for the full release

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, looks like people finally decided what they'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom