• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If you talk about the open beta. Then you can more say its shit compare what we have now.
In graphics, game play, fx, characters, sounds and much and much more.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Vip is bull on those LT servers haha, but you can join my 4 servers they should appear in the list .. always starts with "ESF 1.2.3" and then if it's duel and its location after.
You mean those with passwords... riight.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
2 are passworded and it's "NoNoobs" 2 are free
If I don't see them then they don't exist, or I do see them... sometimes and empty, so again riiight. And in case you're going to ask yes I am from Europe.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Valve has a search server bug where the servers don't appear unless you done a manual restart, there is an automatic one at 11 EST on the American ones and 16 EST in the European ones so both restart at 11 AM in their continent time.. but this is still not enough..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh god just seen the new clips........... dammit all.

I wonder how many servers will ESF 1.3 have once its released....something tells me ITS OVER 9000!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that game play seems like it'd be fun as all hell.

Which brings me back to my original point of staged releasing. Even if it's only half a game, it looks like it'd do really well and you'll still have more to give after release.

Edit: And hell, who knows? If it's good enough, you might even be able to convince Valve to pick up some DBZ rights and buy the game off you. You know, after a year or two of some free gameplay for your dedicated followers.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, that game play seems like it'd be fun as all hell.

Which brings me back to my original point of staged releasing. Even if it's only half a game, it looks like it'd do really well and you'll still have more to give after release.

Edit: And hell, who knows? If it's good enough, you might even be able to convince Valve to pick up some DBZ rights and buy the game off you. You know, after a year or two of some free gameplay for your dedicated followers.
Once upon a time someone came up with copyright protection, and now every big company abuses it to ludicrous points, especially the ones from Asian regions, who would sue you if the word Goku or Vegeta even dared appear once on some random video for a few seconds, if they could, but because they can't they'll just take the video down. So the way copyright works right now, that thing with valve buying rights could never happen. Hell they might risk getting in some minor troubles themselves for it.

What ESF devs are doing now would be in corporation theory a terrible crime, because I assume nobody here has ownership of any of the playable characters. No the only thing they would get is a terrible lawsuit if god forbid something really unexpected happens.

Note: You don't want valve to buy ESF anyway, because then you would have to pay for it. Here it's free. Also if somehow it get's in the hands of Namecake Bandages(cause they do most of these type of games) it will be abolished from the PC and either erased from history or just be turned into a mere console game.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What ESF devs are doing now would be in corporation theory a terrible crime, because I assume nobody here has ownership of any of the playable characters. No the only thing they would get is a terrible lawsuit if god forbid something really unexpected happens.
I don't think it's "in corporation theory a terrible crime", since the devs don't take money for the project. If they did, the received money theoretically should belong to the ones with copyrights to DB, but in this case the only reason for shutting down the project would be (according to them) for ESF making the copyright holders receive somewhat less money out of DB.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once upon a time someone came up with copyright protection, and now every big company abuses it to ludicrous points, especially the ones from Asian regions, who would sue you if the word Goku or Vegeta even dared appear once on some random video for a few seconds, if they could, but because they can't they'll just take the video down. So the way copyright works right now, that thing with valve buying rights could never happen. Hell they might risk getting in some minor troubles themselves for it.

Note: You don't want valve to buy ESF anyway, because then you would have to pay for it. Here it's free. Also if somehow it get's in the hands of Namecake Bandages(cause they do most of these type of games) it will be abolished from the PC and either erased from history or just be turned into a mere console game.
People have been sharing rights to franchises since the idea came out. Namco doesn't give half a shit about who uses the DBZ likenesses as long as they cut a profit.

The main reasons it would be cool if a corporation like Valve, a very customer-minded company, bought out ESF usage is because 1. they would do right by the game and only touch the coding to update the game software (Similar to how the only change they made to Counter-strike was adding hl2 physics) and 2. we would have a much more varied fan-base than the 20 people that are gonna be playing once this releases. It's been a long time coming and, assuming it IS released soon, we've lost most of the players that once adored the game. Meaning that, while it will be a great year when it releases, it won't last long past that.

And again Edit: I was mostly joking about them buying the game to begin with. Valve doesn't care about DBZ and they're very well aware that it would probably ruin their image in gaming to support a game involving this series thanks to all the whoring that's gone out under toriyama's name.

But it WOULD be cool, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
(Similar to how the only change they made to Counter-strike was adding hl2 physics)
Just wanted to touch on this. Yes, because lord knows that their ports of CS and DoD were flawless and didn't change the game at ALL. It took them MONTHS to fix the damage done to CS. The bullet spread turned into a 'cone' and no matter how far away you were, they never left that 'cone', and you couldn't shoot through things you could before, for example a chain link fence. Now, we can sit here and argue that MAYBE the bullet hit the chain... but I can tell you that the bullet would have broken it and kept going. It wouldn't have stopped like it hit a steel wall, this problem didn't exist in 1.6.

I'm not saying CS:S and DoD:S are bad games. I'm saying they WERE bad games when Valve first got their hands on them. Don't assume just because they have a good track record with their own stuff, that it'll show in someone else's product, not at first anyway.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Names of Dragonball characters are mainly food... I doubt Toriyama can claim copyright there..

Also the copyright ain't THAT strict... I actually think more people would play it if it was buy-able on Steam... coz people actually have to take into account of having another game (Half-Life 1 in this case) and install a random file from there downloaded from any server before installing.. when they search for the game there's no purchase button and I bet a lot of people lack the knowledge of what a mod is..
I know that's out of option and consideration though so we'll deal with how it is and try to make the game popular, we are putting our faith into whom? The ESF:F team! You go guys! We'll take over and try to improve the game and its popularity once your part's done! :D

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think that if the team decided what to do regarding the matter of how the game should be released then they should make an announcement and then lock this thread. The conversation can transfer to the announcement thread.

That way newcomers wont get false hope.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big wahoo, the same thing could be said about Piccolo, which means ,,little" in Italian.
Well yea, but Piccolo is a word that means something. Vegeta is an actual product (thats still in use might i add)

Ironically enough its a cooking ingredient.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well yea, but Piccolo is a word that means something. Vegeta is an actual product (thats still in use might i add)

Ironically enough its a cooking ingredient.
I think they made a pun or something in a terrible DB movie I will never watch, with his brother that doesn't actually exist, but who was named Tarble, the pun being Vegeta+Tarble=Vegetable.

But that never happened anyway, so move on, nothing to see here folks, nothing out of the ordinary here, move on.

Edit: Someone pointed out to me, that Vegeta looks kinda like an asparagus.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the subject of Valve, I'm really, really interested in seeing what they think of ESF and how much it has evolved over the years, both graphically and gameplay wise. I know that at least some of them are aware of this mod and it would be really interesting to see what they thought about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know at least one of them who used to kick my ass when ever i meet him in a server ^^;

Thank god for fake nicks XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom