ESF Open Beta? I Believe So!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it's done! ;o

jk

So can i put "ESF beta 1.3 tester" in my sig?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as far as the hack like console commands why not include something that will automatically desplay what is being used when you join the game so you can see what has been changed through console commands.
Because it's a beta, it's not meant really as a playable version of the game. It's for debugging. Why spend the extra time for a debugging command?

When it's done! ;o

jk

So can i put "ESF beta 1.3 tester" in my sig?
No :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
Fantasmal idea. I've been poking around about throwing a "Open Beta" thread in the Force Pit, then decided against it.

Now, if everything you guys said in the Force Pit is correct then I'm gonna have a damned blast.

Best answers
i really think this is a great ideea .... and a ba d one non the less .... i mean .. the normal people and of course the serious ones will post bugs and stuff ... not asking stupid questions and or other stuff .... but of course there will be the BIG SPAMING and lots of topics regarding stupid stuff and anoying stuff and of course people who think this is the final product yet it's only a beta ....

BUT if everything goes by plan with the mega huge help from this comunity we will be able to detect bugs faster .. i know i will do the best i can ....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the melee there?

in the "leaked" it wasn'..
Simply stating that fact we know that you have downloaded and played that version. Which is punishable by Permanent Banning and hardcoding your ip into ESF so you can't play it. So... let's use a little more discretion shall we?

Discord Member
Best answers
Cool........I cant wait........now there isnt any need of POTW......or ForcePit......whats the use of videos or pics if you can play the whole thing :)
so.....now comes the question.....when can we get it...?? on weekends what??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey I just got a thought. Since everyone's gonna be testing the game why don't the beta testers remove ESF 1.3 Beta Testers from their sig?? NOW THEY WON'T FEEL SPECIAL ANYMORE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well well well! It seems dreams do come true. However, this is a gift we need to take seriously. Sure we can test things ourselves as a community, but this is exactly what it is. A test session. It would be irritating to see people play just to play without trying to actually test new things and try and find any bugs.

With that said, I'm going to need a test buddy to run my own tests on. Who wants to be Kagato's test buddy?! :eek:

...anyone?

...anyone at all?

>.>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OR

We can let people just have fun and screw around since that's how most bugs and exploits are found. If people want to take this seriously, that's awesome, but it shouldn't mean everyone has to just log everything they do.

We have more than enough beta testers now as it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well well well! It seems dreams do come true. However, this is a gift we need to take seriously. Sure we can test things ourselves as a community, but this is exactly what it is. A test session. It would be irritating to see people play just to play without trying to actually test new things and try and find any bugs.

With that said, I'm going to need a test buddy to run my own tests on. Who wants to be Kagato's test buddy?! :eek:

...anyone?

...anyone at all?

>.>

I'd be it if australian dip**** didn't steal my cd key I HOPE YOU GO TO HELL WHOEVER U ARE!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OR

We can let people just have fun and screw around since that's how most bugs and exploits are found. If people want to take this seriously, that's awesome, but it shouldn't mean everyone has to just log everything they do.

We have more than enough beta testers now as it is.
Well I didn't exactly mean to go all robocop on the open beta. I just think playing while keeping in mind to be on the lookout for anything suspicious is better than playing it just because it's an early version of 1.3. There ARE people that couldn't care less about what they see or discover as long as they are playing as android 18 or transforming to the highest form to beamspam.

Yes, we should have fun with this, but we should also try and play our part as well. After all, some of us actually have a habit of catching things the real beta testers miss, which is probably why they wanted this open beta in the first place.

Then again I could be wrong. Not trying to put words in anybody's mouth.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah instead of the FP being what it is now, it's going to be what it isn't right now.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
OMG! Not only did a squeel like a girl when I read the front page, But i raced into the lounge room to tell everyone, Tripped up over the couch, and was sent on a flying lesson into the other room.

And the few years I have been on these forum's reading posts etc, I never realized there were people that suffer from *******ism and actually do that to a good mod.

Anyhow Its like Christmas all over again! YAY!

Best answers
OMG! Not only did a squeel like a girl when I read the front page, But i raced into the lounge room to tell everyone, Tripped up over the couch, and was sent on a flying lesson into the other room.

And the few years I have been on these forum's reading posts etc, I never realized there were people that suffer from *******ism and actually do that to a good mod.

Anyhow Its like Christmas all over again! YAY!
Haha, I can imagine the conversation.

"Mom, dad! ESF is going open beta!"

"What in the hell is ESF?"

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The point of the force pit was to help out the funding that this project was costing and nobody forced you and twisted your leg to pay to get force pit access. You can ask greg I have probably donated around $30-$35 and I never had to, I just felt like supporting the mod a bit more and giving some people who don't have access to this stuff to get force pit access to be able to come and view it. Anyways if you feel like you got cheated out of $5 I pity and because you really aren't a member of this community if you can't put in $5 to help the project.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, I think you're taking it the wrong way phobs. The five dollars went towards supporting the mod, all the force pit is is incentive to contribute the money. Now that ESF is an open beta, the force pit's incentive is null and void, that's all. I don't think anyone meant that they felt cheated out of the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom