ESF Open Beta? I Believe So!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, slow down man, that's not what I meant. I just thought that one of the things the force pit gives access to (probably, I have no idea) is going to be given to everyone, so you guys would have to put in MORE stuff to maintain the force pit as it was before. So naturally it would be of more worth. Second, I would donate, trust me, but I don't have the means to do so yet. Our credit cards don't support online pay, and PayPal doesn't support my country. Sucks. :(

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub: Didn't you think maybe it could still serve a purpose like force pit members getting the links first before the public to download the beta? So to call it null and void just yet is not correct you just need to wait and see whats going to happen thats all. Even better getting direct links for a day and then have it taken down and then distro it through bittorrent for the public.

In no way am I saying this is going to happen its just a hypothetical idea which could may or may not happen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft, you just donated more money to get into ...... to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;)

Naw, we will probably still get 1.3 early or something. ****, all you had to do was ask. i'd gladly donate money if they need it.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright chris I'll give you the link and just send about $100 that way and I'm sure i..err greg will be happy. ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright chris I'll give you the link and just send about $100 that way and I'm sure i..err greg will be happy. ^_^
lol 100 dollars arlight! yeah! okay! yeah! ...yeah!

Seriously, i'll donate more money >.>

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Heres a question... Is the Open Beta Available for download yet? lol
After all the screaming and bouncing going around here, I forget to ask, or look around! lmao

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not yet. Gonna need a few days to get the infrastructure setup and whatnot.

Best answers
the Open Beta will help `us` modeler to get an advantage of the new skeleton and animation features of 1.3. I still doubt it?s very useful to make ESF 1.3 an open beta NOW. It?s in development for a long time and i doubt it will take to long to be finished. An open beta would have been more useful at least 1 year ago. Anyway it still could work fine if the open beta is updated at most 1 time a month.

Best answers
i don't think it is a good idea but i gave my offer and left it on the table. but i guess this is the best cource of actions now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe it would be best, if it hasn't been already addressed, that we get a little "guide" on the new features with the download so we don't go in trying to play it like 1.2

Best answers
the points not to fully play but gto find problems..yea playings gpart of it but you need to tests scenarios that is the points. sorryu i shoudln't be talking now i apologize logan much love

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the Open Beta will help `us` modeler to get an advantage of the new skeleton and animation features of 1.3. I still doubt it?s very useful to make ESF 1.3 an open beta NOW. It?s in development for a long time and i doubt it will take to long to be finished. An open beta would have been more useful at least 1 year ago. Anyway it still could work fine if the open beta is updated at most 1 time a month.
Indeed!
Think about the custom model support =D and all the stuff DT has been toying around lately with the animations and effects! w00t!

And according to the front page they might be updating weekly if they get a chance to update it with new features.

Discord Member
Best answers
but my question is.........will they make patches??....cause i dont feel like downloading lets say 100 mb every week XD :fight:
Think about the trafic limited ones :cry:

Best answers
See there is a problem with releasing constant patches...one of the reasons they didn't want to

Best answers
hmmm ... i really hope it will be ready for downlad some time these days .. and you can now edit the sticky with "when esf 1.3 will be out " =))))) .. it's not out when it's done ... it's out when the team wants it 2 be ...... but you can stilll play the beta of the beta "link" =)))

Best answers
Cool!

Hmm.... Well if it comes open BETA it's a good thing. :)

Well let's sit down and wait.:cool:
And when it comes out im going to play it 24/7! :devgrin:

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uh, I think you're taking it the wrong way phobs. The five dollars went towards supporting the mod, all the force pit is is incentive to contribute the money. Now that ESF is an open beta, the force pit's incentive is null and void, that's all. I don't think anyone meant that they felt cheated out of the money.
You pay for the benefits you get certain pictures no one else gets to see which is WELL worth it ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny thing is we lied, It's not done and its being released :p

And yes, this is going to mean modelers will be able to take advantage of this opportunity ^^ cant wait to see the custom models >;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom