★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
go to GODZ server on steam, they have alot of newbs there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystacx said:
howing.....isnt that the thing that the players who were better made up so that they didnt have to lose reputation when they lost to a n00b?
No, it's the term you use to describe someone who only head ons. They didn't beat me when I played because I tried to never head on =\.

Best answers
I started playing 1.1 and i got destroyed with the melee. I still get destroyed but I have fun so it's no big deal and I never really care if I lose as it's just a game nothing more.

Best answers
I myself am not very good at ESF (i can kick bots asses) and iv done my share of ass kickin in servers, but i can always tell when i meet a player whos really stuck with the game for a long time, i end up getting spanked all over the place. I dont mind having my ass handed to me as long as its done fairly and the person doing it doesnt act like a jerk. The only two gripes i have about playing ESF have nothing to do with the game itself:

1) alot of the servers i visit (most iv ever seen up at 1 time on steam is 5, if you guys know of some, feel free to PM me a list of good server ip's) but alot of the servers i visit are filled with people with nasty attitudes, alot of them act immature and just plain mean, so i just assume they are young kids.

2) getting melee'd while in a fight with another person. Theres nothing i hate more than finding a cool person on a server and start a battle with them, only 5 minutes into the battle, i get melee'd or beamed from some random jerk whos just trying to build up his powerlevel, then you ask him to stop cause your fighting someone, and they just keep killing you and usually throw a nasty comment your way. (thank god for the blue circle in 1.2 so that wont be a problem anymore) Im curious to how that works though, is it something like if the players both lock onto each other, the blue circle activates and nobody else can hurt them, or does it only activate when you start a combo? If its only during a combo, you could still get beam spammed or attacked while in a fight, like while swooping for just flying around chasing each other....

Also if your new and run into me, dont be afraid to ask for help, im no expert, but ill help new players anyway i can.

anyhoo, sorry for the long post..

Peace.

Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
1.2 reworks so much that just about anyone can pick it up with a little practice. The learning curve is much less and skill gaps aren't as big. I've been able to take down people who have been playing it much longer than I have. Once you figure out the basics of teleport you should be ok. A lot of the skill comes with knowing when to use what and how.

-Karrde-
Now.. I didn't read this entire thread, but from I've seen that's no longer a requirement to make a post. The learning curve is less? I don't know about that. The added options alone make it a more complicated game to understand. I wouldn't give notion to people that 1.2 is an easy game. The game isn't really that hard to pick up, but as long as 1.1 habits are applied, it's going to be a challenge to understand some things.

Basically, the equation is as such:

1.2 Gameplay Tactics + 1.1 Inspiration = Confusion, Frustration, Loss

1.2 Gameplay Tactics = 1.1 Inspiration = "Wow."

Don't try the first equation, kids. I made that mistake at first. The second is so much nicer. DON'T PLAY 1.2 LIKE 1.1!!

Best answers
buhuhuhuh, after i played about 2 weeks people started to call me a hacker because none of em could kill me, then they started to hower, then i howered back and then i got called a cheater again >.<

Best answers
Halorin said:
Now.. I didn't read this entire thread, but from I've seen that's no longer a requirement to make a post. The learning curve is less? I don't know about that. The added options alone make it a more complicated game to understand. I wouldn't give notion to people that 1.2 is an easy game. The game isn't really that hard to pick up, but as long as 1.1 habits are applied, it's going to be a challenge to understand some things.

Basically, the equation is as such:

1.2 Gameplay Tactics + 1.1 Inspiration = Confusion, Frustration, Loss

1.2 Gameplay Tactics = 1.1 Inspiration = "Wow."

Don't try the first equation, kids. I made that mistake at first. The second is so much nicer. DON'T PLAY 1.2 LIKE 1.1!!
by learning curve i think he means that no longer can one or two eliteists control a server and not get killed or anything. Its kind of like how DoD is. Its not too hard for a noob to get a kill or two so its still pretty fun. But if your good, youll still be higher then everyone else. Right now, its pretty hard for a noob to get good seeing as the servers are dominated by a few crazy good people.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Learning curve describes how much you new stuff you will need to get a hang of to be decent at 1.2. All I have to say is that you jumped into a server now a days where new people are still swarming servers and the advanced players don't want to help because they've been doing it for a couple of months now. If you don't know why you never win a head on collision than your not up to being average yet (not trying to be mean in any way). I would say just sit back and wait for 1.2. If you want to play 1.1 then just go and beam spam while beam jumping around.

Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
by learning curve i think he means that no longer can one or two eliteists control a server and not get killed or anything. Its kind of like how DoD is. Its not too hard for a noob to get a kill or two so its still pretty fun. But if your good, youll still be higher then everyone else. Right now, its pretty hard for a noob to get good seeing as the servers are dominated by a few crazy good people.
oh yeah but in DoD you get really fast good...i play this gem for 8 months and i love it:)
but in ESF it's ahrd to get good.i train everyday but i have no chance:(
i hope in 1.2 its a lil better

Best answers
lol yeah....i kinda gave up on playin esf awhile ago...im jsut waiting for the new melee. I never gave myself a chance to get good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I wouldn't compare it to DoD. The way 1.2 seems, it'll still involve plenty more individual skill than most any FPS like DoD or whatever. It's just that people will be given (hopefully) a little less to ***** about, the way things are getting changed.

There's going to be a lot of new stuff to take in and learn. I'd definitely say the curve is going to be steeper. I mean, 1.2 is 1.1 with about a bajillion things added to almost completely change it...

1.0/1.1 was noob friendly. There was nothing complicated about it. It's just that even with that simplicity, there was a huge range of skill-levels, because people could do so much with so little. So noobs, naturally, get smacked around with no chance for survival, because there are no "lucky headshots" etc. in ESF.

Now 1.2 is looking a lot more complicated (this is a good thing). It'll be harder for newbs (and now 99% of the playerbase is going to be pretty newbish for a bit) but at least we're mostly all in it together.

Best answers
I must say, i've played on some servers where i swear 1 or 2 people were using scripts.
I'd fly at them, they'd teleport and INSTANTLY hit me, i couldn't understand it. When i mean they INSTANTLY hit me, i mean instant, exactly like dbz, you know, where they teleport and it's a split second before they land an attack? Exactly like that. And whenever i telepeorted and meleeed to try to hit them, they were instantly gone adn at my back with a melee shot, following by 4 melee hits. Everytime, and there was no way to beat the speed, i guarenteed myself it was scripting. I've seen this on many servers where there is alwyas 1 guys with it, and he'd have a frag score of around 80 and about 5 deaths.

I, too, am disappointed. Thankfully 1.2 is coming

Best answers
Im preying that 1.2 melee wont turn out like.. dance dance revolution or say... parappa the rappa games. I dont like the idea of pressing key combinations with syncro crap... What the heck.. I'm gona give it a try though, ESF deserves atleast that much. (If I can even get steam to work *kicks it*)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see where people got the idea that there was any syncronization involved at all

its not once EVER been said but people seem to see directions and immideatly go omg ddr!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Special B said:
thanks alot you guys.

that really built my confidence back up. I should try harder.

ps: on a lame side note, is there any chance Garlic Jr. will be in the game at all??? hehehe
The game is not hard, the point is, people don't mix melee and beams enough, i hope it will be improved in the upcoming version. Sure dbz is about melee.. close combat action and alot of craps like that, but joining a server and seeing a bunch of ssj 8 million whores flying around like bees.. is certainly annoying..

I might just be the one who likes to chill out in the top left corner of a map and blow my beams right in everyones face but still, the bees are annoying.

Oh.. ESF got your confidence down? What are you... that's really sad...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Howing is just a freaking technique....not a n00b one..Everybody has different styles of playing and techniques..I'm sure the people that don't "HOW" can get around it pretty easy if your skilled enough.

Best answers
KajiOni said:
Im preying that 1.2 melee wont turn out like.. dance dance revolution or say... parappa the rappa games. I dont like the idea of pressing key combinations with syncro crap... What the heck.. I'm gona give it a try though, ESF deserves atleast that much. (If I can even get steam to work *kicks it*)

The thing is, though, is that the arrows are infinitely more skillful than having a generic block button to block all combo's. Is there any other way you can think of to incorporate a large variety of different attacks and have them worth using by having a skillful way to have to evade them WITHOUT using the system used now? It's good that you're putting forth a little faith, because it's something that won't go unrewarded.

Take it for what it's worth, but I say Beta 1.2 is great and will boost activity to record heights.

Best answers
I find the game is allot easier to learn if you play with friends by setting up your own server. Otherwise look for some other newer players and play with them.

Best answers
The game is not hard, the point is, people don't mix melee and beams enough, i hope it will be improved in the upcoming version. Sure dbz is about melee.. close combat action and alot of craps like that, but joining a server and seeing a bunch of ssj 8 million whores flying around like bees.. is certainly annoying..
BEES, I WANNA SEE THAT :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom