ESF isn't noob friendly.

Best answers
After MONTHS, of tweaking and hard work, I got not only esf to work, but steam esf to work, almost all on my own. (with allot of thanks to the noob help installation guide...which was nice even if it wasn't specific)

But anyway, After all the noob unfriendly tweaking, and thinking that after I get to steam all the lamness of hacks and aimbots of non-steam servers would go away...I was disappointed.

I know this will seem extreamly nubish of me(and on a side note I'm not sure if I put this in the right forum spot so correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm sick of people fliping all over the place without ever stopping to charge up energy, meleeing me to death, and making it look humanly impossible, and then when I ask how the hell they do it, I get a "cuz I'm the best" deal, and "Your a nub and should read the online manual!" (which I did) Right after it.

I've melee'd before, but I'll be swooping and somehow they'll hit me back before I can even hit them, and thier not even swooping or defending, while I'm facing them, which throws off all kinds of red lights.

So I leave, looking for a softcore server, and to my utter disapointment, all the other servers are for admins to beat the crap out of helpless peeps, super small servers, or more of the hack crap.

All I'm really asking is, is there a server, where an average player, can go, whithout a bunch of hacks (or admins) crushing my face in the dirt, and calling me a noob, with alot of decent people, that aren't butt holes aka hacks??

like maybe there's an offical server maybe??? or do I have to wait until 1.2?

I've done all that the manual has told me, I've read up on all of the melee guidelines, I've even looked for tips and tricks through the forums, and then I'm beaten anyway, and I'm called a nub? Come on, gimme a server. plz!

...thank you.

Best answers
u could join my server, when i open it i often train some bad ppl... but only if they want.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems like another case of Howing.

Basically, melee is based on ki... who ever has the more ki (which you can charge up) is the winner. The people who stand there and just hold the power up button are called howers. IMO they are the real n00bs. 1.2 should and will change of all of this... at least thats what I've heard.

Best answers
If you dont want you A** kicked you should get a bot and practice alot...

Best answers
In 1.2, they will just have a new option for melee, the old melee is still there.

And yes, ESF is not noob friendly, I get my ass stomped all the time and I have been playing forever.

Best answers
well to be honestl...when i first started ESF...u sucked balls..and when i asked for help i got the same deal.."im the best" "your the worst"yeah i know what u mean....but at the same time i provided me with the motivation to find out how they did it...and once i played...for a LOOOONG time..i eventually got better..and understoofd it more...u see ESF isnt a gma eof readinsg manuals...or anything like that...its a game of skill to be dead honest...not to make anyone seem better or worse...ESfF isd a game where u actually have to play it to get better and learn your own moves..and find your own fighting style which wokrs for you...Manuals are only there to show u how to do the basiscsw..not to show u how to win a fight...that u msut learn on your own...also for the whole...they dont even move thing..well it may be that they are very fast...i know i myself have caught myself wondering how a person did something...but as u get better at ESf your reflexes for the game improve aswell....and then as u play more u will get to catch things u never would have....i am a decent player at ESF...and i can beat my fare share of people...but if theres one thing i know peoiple hate to be called is hackers...especially when someone works hard top be good at something and it gets thrown away because everyone thinks u hack..just because they dpnt get the concept of the game..what u need to do is just play it...its better to fight people who are amazingly good...because the only way to get better is to fight and meet people who are better....so just play the game...if u get called a noob...then so be it...hell im pretty good..and i still call myself a noob..so its no big deal..just play the game..and over time u will get better..

Best answers
thanks alot you guys.

that really built my confidence back up. I should try harder.

ps: on a lame side note, is there any chance Garlic Jr. will be in the game at all??? hehehe

Best answers
howing.....isnt that the thing that the players who were better made up so that they didnt have to lose reputation when they lost to a n00b?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 reworks so much that just about anyone can pick it up with a little practice. The learning curve is much less and skill gaps aren't as big. I've been able to take down people who have been playing it much longer than I have. Once you figure out the basics of teleport you should be ok. A lot of the skill comes with knowing when to use what and how.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u really wanna learn to melee a bit, start by practicing with bots, swoop to them, teleport away and swoop to their backs, thats my lil tactic and works alot, and let them fire a beam at you, then just swoop past their beam and give em a kick in the face

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In regards to the "hacks" being used: no one on steam has hacks for esf. If they are somehow beating you over and over, its cause they've played a lot more than you have. Thats all. Im tired of people saying me or other people are using aimbot or w/e hacks are out. Just thought id say that...

Best answers
meh overal this comunitie is full of little whining kids, if they win they whine, if they lsoe they whine even more... like c'mon people ...

best idea for 1.2 ever.. disable the chat option..

Best answers
I am willing to help train you. Pop into my steam server, I have no problem helping you. :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen to Karde. 1.2 is around the corner and 1.1 melee will be all but totally obsolete, so don't worry about it.

Best answers
I never understood the complaining about howing. Isn't it better if it relies on your timing skills rather than your ping?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm guessing that you have been unfortunate enough to find those guys who are real ass-holes. There's plenty of people that will gladly train you (me for 1). I dont call you a n00b or anything unless you really act like one(ex: Champion: OMG!! YOUR CHEATING CUZ YOUR MOVING TOO FAST!!).
So just look around and try to avoid the jerks.

Best answers
well first thing...there ARE hackers on steam..i know several of them (no i dont hack but i know several ppl that do)...now..as far as getting better everyone has said it, the only way to get better is to play...thats it...my advice to u is to get bots and fight them..they are the biggest howers that u will ever fight against and if u can get past them then u are gonna have a better chance of wining than most ppl that play nowadays...for some reason there has been a big surge of new ppl that play for a couple days and think they are supposed to be godly and they have the attitude to go with it...trust me..if u run into someone with a bad attitude in a server..they are most likely either 1. new or 2. arent very good..because everyone i know that has played the game for more than a few months has a decent attitude...but rest assured that when 1.2 comes out hopefully that will change at least a little bit..cause we will all be thrown back to noobert stage (with the acception of the beta testers=p)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ROFL. The funniest thing in the world. I just downloaded FireFox, and installed it. Then I see your sig advertising it.

Best answers
Every new game you start you will lose like crazy...that's a fact by the way...but from my gaming experience esf is one of the mods that you have to work extra hard to be an adverage player...I've played esf since 1.0 and until now...I still dont know if I can call myself an adverage player...so either you can take SSJNEO and practice on a bot, or maybe even join a clan (I don't know if there're clans that recruits new ppl but it's worth a try) and I got a lot more experience in a clan...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ2_Son_Gohan said:
ROFL. The funniest thing in the world. I just downloaded FireFox, and installed it. Then I see your sig advertising it.
also spam

and if u do it again i break ur knee caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom