ESF Database

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys obviously aren't thinking well enough.

If people actually start getting better at the game, they'll develope their own styles. Not only that, but if more people get better, more people will want to play. If more people are equal in skill, people will begin to find ways around certain styles, making no style of fighting the best.

Understand that the makers of this game did a great job at everything they did making it very balanced. You may disagree but I know first hand that there are styles and moves to pull off that could beat another style, while someone may come along with a different style and beat both other people. I know because I'd fight Zeonix and we'd be damn near even, then Gohan would come along and own me while Zeo could hold his own. Different styles.

If "all pros had the same style" then everyone would be equal in skill and it wouldn't matter.

NGE is the numbers kid of guy. He likes to find ways to do the most damage. Like in GW- I have a lvl 20 ranger who does 100 base damage and i can 2 hit a lvl 16. And three hit a lvl 20.

ESF is similar in the sense that you may not be able to 2 or 3 hit kill something; but i'll be damned if there aren't little tips and tricks to learn to increase the maximum damage you can do.

For example: Say you swoop and hit someone backward, if you swoop and hit them again, they get dealt the damage from 2 hits.

Example 2, if you swoop and hit someone then swoop and hit them again, but this time aim at the ground and they hit the ground, you just did a three hitter.

Example 3, if you swoop, hit, swoop hit, but hit at an angle so they roll, now you have options, you can swoop to hit them again, throw ki blobs at them, gen beams at them. The list goes on, but the question is: What deals the most damage? And equally as important is; what uses the most ki vs. what uses the least? If you're almost out of ki but want to get that last hit in, perhaps a quick gen beam to the face is the way to go, if you still have some left over, perhaps a few ki blobs then escape, or maybe to ki blob them and explode it with a gen beam. We have intentions of figuring it out.

Our intentions are also to train noobs (Pros for efficiency) to get better and be better at the game.

I know for a fact new people to the game will line up waiting to be trained; and we're willing to do this. We know the ESF community will grow, and we're just trying to help out. Everyone complains "Man the ESF community is so small" well if no one quite after an hours worth of playing, maybe our community would be bigger. We're just trying to help.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Fire Phoenix points out some good basic tips that can be read by the new players and help them out. You guys are looking at it the wrong way. When everyone learns the same way and all get better together, it raises the skill level of the whole community.

Actually learning to figure out what deals the most damage is really important. It also needs to be ki-efficient as well and now you have a useful move, which also can be read by others.

Thanks to the boards for the super smash brothers game, the whole community got better 10 fold. I can go there and find new stuff being posted everyday, alot of stuff I never knew.

Heres a pic of what it looks like there.

The only one I dont find as useful for esf is the character specific forum, because all the characters in esf basically fight the same besides ki attacks and speed differences.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like the idea, but I'm not willing to help with it because I'm not innovative and it sounds like you guys have more then enough with you.

Allowing access to all these "moves" and "techniques" will cause newbs, (in the true sense of the word.) to start off at a much higher level then most of us did. It will allow them to have some strategy if they cared enough for it. Being 12-14 year olds they shouldn't really utilize this tool, however, because I doubt they would care for it, they would just want to fly around and shoot beams as everyone does.

It'll help the old players by allowing them to adapt and change. They'll know what's coming and will therefore have some incentive to create more moves to their arsenal.

But I truly feel that this will be wasted like the Flash Manual that's on ESF-World. I mean it's there for the public yet, honestly, I doubt any "newbs" use it, I'm more aware of vets looking at the Manual then newbs.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, I don't give a crap about newbs. I feel we're doing it more for the people who actually want to get better. It just sounds nice if we say we're doing it to help out new players.

Before I get yelled at: What I posted are my personal feelings regarding the ESF Database and does not reflect the overall attitude of the other ZR members.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That tutorial by Chakra-X on Esf-world is how I started out. I dont know about anyone else but thats what taught me how to play the game. Im not quite sure what your definition of "newb" is, but im getting the feeling that by that you mean someone who isnt interested in getting better at the game. Regardless, since Ive moved past Chakra's tutorial Ive been looking for something like this website without any results.

About this making players more alike, I disagree. How did I learn more advanced stuff after the tutorial? I copied the players that were better than me. If anything this site would make high level players more diverse by giving multiple perspectives on all different fighting styles and let players learn from a pool of ideas, instead of leaving new players no option but to use the fighting style and techniques of the pros fighting in pubs.

So I agree with the idea and am looking forward to the sites grand opening. Also, about the forums, I dont think that they would be spammed or whatever. There have been plenty of times ive had small questions about technique execution but never posted a topic because there was nowhere to do so. I would constantly visit if there were sub forum categories like the ones in Tony's pic. IMO Esf, with its large skill gap and style variation, is missing a place like that. Out of all players, like it is now, about 85% are clearly below me in skill (mostly my definition of newbs), 9% are at about my skill, and 6% can beat me at at least a 3/1 score ratio. But I imagine this site will change the player base of Esf finally. Newbs would be less likely to quit after a week, and even more importantly, I will be able to join a server and find someone that challenges my skill at any time. Even if it did make players a little more generic, I would still welcome the idea for this reason.

Just a thought: Every month you could assign a date and time for an in game lesson on the main page. Just like NGE's lessons for the US clan except with two to three teachers in different servers. One each for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. This just crossed my mind sorry if its comepletely impossible or something.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're completely open to suggestions, Rayne. The ESF Database is for you guys, so anything that will make the Database more accessible to all of you is more than welcome.

Moving on to your thoughts:

A) I can't really comment on the forum issue since its not my area of expertise. I am pretty sure we'll have that eventually, though.

b) The training bit is a great idea. At the moment, we have access to 2 servers, but I'm thinking thats enough. If we're unable to borrow an additional server, we could just do the different skill level at a later time. I think the hardest part is going to be getting people to teach, and then getting everyone in the server to listen.

Keep the ideas coming guys o_O.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan pretty much sumed it up as to why it won't suck, if everyone does it the same, then we know what to expect, if we know what to expect we find ways around it.

True definition of "newb": Person who is new to the game, a person not familiar with controls, secrets, and other shtuff like that. Gohan meant it as it's true meaning, not as an insult like it's widely used today.

nge

Best answers
We're not going to tell people how to play. We're going to tell people what manuvers and techniques they can work into their own playstyle.

My playstyle is actually very manipulative- I can usually beat highly skilled players such as Zeo(I classify his style as "rushing") with an impressive score, yet I cannot beat players like loki(I classify his style as "pressure) who zeo actually does better than me against. To say we all play the same is bullocks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub, Zeo and FP you guys have the right idea. I like the whole webiste thing. If everyone becomes equal in skill, then you will eventually find ways around that and become better then those people. Its seriously an endless struggle to become the best and I like it. If you need help, just ask me and I will see what i can do.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can help me with a domain >.< I have the website, i just don't have the domain. Not one that's annoying as hell with popups and banners anyway :(

Once I find a domain, the websites will be up, and everyone can get started.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

nge

Best answers
Sheesh. You thank sub, zeo, and fp like I'm not here! :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please do not hijack our thread, person we don't know (I'm looking at you "nge"). It doesn't matter that NGE is one of the co-leaders

nge

Best answers
What about those moments we shared?

::eek:ntopic:: I think I'll be able to get a little testing done this weekend, time permitting. You guys up for it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are we supposed to test <_< ?<?
</P>

nge

Best answers
lol, you might not wanna say that IN the thread about it.

We're gonna start with some basic damage calculations I think.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're supposed to leave 'em guessing -_o.

But yeah. I'll probably be there.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you guys just set up a media wiki ?
Good software, it's free, it's easy to handle, even for n00bies

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even for noobies eh? Good thing that this "noobie" doesn't know what the **** your talkin' 'bout.

As for kidboy: *SLAP!!! You don't think I didn't try that you little *****, huh? You calling me stupid? Thinking I didn't already search google?

haha jk - thanks I'll take a look at some of the stuff and see what I can do with it.

i'm working on it though- not as much as I could- but I'm working on it.

Don't you ever talk that way about subs sister, she's only 13. She's allowed to cry, plus she's a girl- and she's better in bed than you! =/

:EDIT:

Checked em out- so far i like them. But there's one tiny tiny problem; I'm not going to pay for a website >.< Sorry. I need free webdomains. But I liked that first one you posted. Maybe just maybe, if i can find a really really really really really cheap domain, i'll pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom