[ESF Beta FINAL] Beam Glitch

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hey guys, i found a small glitch wich would be easy to solve i guess.

when i stand on the ground, charge a beam and hold spacebar when shooting the beam the powerthing on the hands are in the wrong direction (only from the ground)

A pic :)
esf1.jpg

hope it is clear enough! :D

ps. i posted about final because thats the most recent game to play i guess :D and yes i know why it's beta to find stuff like this. :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes its a known issue. The effect vector kinda got mirrored over the horizontal plane when beam jumping. If i recall it wasnt only when doing so from the ground up, but all beam jumps in general.

Nice to see someone showing some interest even if the open beta final is kinda outdated XD

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
well then, give me a newer version and ill test it as far as i can :D! got some HLmodding past ;) been a while, but i know how to test :D!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
hah ;D xd esf open beta **** ;D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who says we wont fix it. A bug is a bug and the systems are similar. So yes that is a known issue even in the inteam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The beam jumping system is the same in 1.2.3, the open beta and the final. 1.2.3 has round beam start sprites, and as such it was not noticeable that the direction is actually off. In the Open Beta it was visible and its the same for the inteam.

As such yet its a bug that is on our list to fix. Though since its only a minor graphical glitch, its of low priority. Hence why it has yet to be fixed.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam Jumping.

Yes, intended.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if it is a glitch or bug, but i remember i pressed a button when firing a beam to a wall and it pushed me in he other direction. Was that intended?
The least you could do is read the manual so you know how the game works before reporting stuff you know >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom