Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow now that i think about it, this game is just gonna be tenkaichi with more characters and different sprites, after watching that video, the gameplay hasn't changed much at all, the only difference is when you transform, i dont know guys, i might have to buy this game from game stop, somewhere in March 2007, because i cant pay 50$ for this game.

Best answers
mf29 said:
Wow now that i think about it, this game is just gonna be tenkaichi with more characters and different sprites, after watching that video, the gameplay hasn't changed much at all, the only difference is when you transform, i dont know guys, i might have to buy this game from game stop, somewhere in March 2007, because i cant pay 50$ for this game.
You can't be serious ?-- well you probably are-- afterall, you also said Devil May Cry 2 was better then 3-- and that's just wrong on so many levels.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll just wait it out and see.

After Tenkaichi, I'm very skeptic about this new series.

Best answers
Here is how the story goes, apparently Donny Clay appeared on the gamespot forums and was telling people about BT2, and you know how people are they completly bsed him, for good reason but meh. However i have seen gamespot stop false things like that before, so if it was fake why didn't they stop this one?

Anyways here is the main things on what he said, these were edited by me in the dbzonps2 forums.

Actually the gamefaqs links to the gamespot forums, so all this is posted int he gamespot forums you just read it on faqs, if a Mod hasn't stopped this yet it might be legit.

Dunno yet.

Well, without killing my fingers, I will try to explain our new fighting system as best I can. We have added an extra button to our fighting system. Square has and will be punch, and Circle, is now kick. Many differnt combinations of attacks are wide opened with this new button configuration. Also, we have a new attack all characters can do where they launch their opponent in the air, teleport above them, and send the opponent flying back down towards earth. It's actually pretty cool.

This makes me think it is fake lol.

We have followed what Super DBZ has done and we have included dragonball Chi Chi.
Dunno lol.

I'm not sure I understand your question. There isn't a three man team.

However, I am pleased to confirm that there will be Tag Team matches where two characters can square off against opponents.

There will even be Tag Team specific moves and finishers, depending on who you team up.

I don't care if it is true or not, but this would rock.

I'll let you in on some Tag Team specific moves.

Android 17 and 18 will have a ki blast shower technique.

Goku and Piccolo will have a finisher where Goku holds the opponent and Piccolo shoots a special beam cannon through both of them.

Burter and Jeice will have the Purple/Orange Mach attack.

There are more...

.) are both of Hidegarns forms in the game

there will be one form of Hildegarn

2.) is there going to be 2 on 1 tag team fights

Yes, as well as 2 on 2.

3.) If you are the true donny clay, put my name in the credits of the game

You got it! I'll push them to give special thanks to GameFAQ's/Gamespot's members!

Remember look for these guys names in the credits!

Ok we saw tag and we didn't see this...
will multiple players be on the map like 4 for example at one time?

During tag matches, yes

Think of it this way, if it is true, you bio brolly fans get ur wish of him being in game heh.

New Dragonball charatcers:

Kid Krillin(alternate costume)
Yamcha,Tien(alternate costumes)
Jackie Cun(Alternate Costume)
Nam
Chi Chi
King Piccolo
General Blue
Kami

New Movie Characters:

Garlic Jr, giant Garlic Jr
Dr. Wheelo
Turles, Great Ape Turles
Base Broly, Super Saiyan Broly, Bio Broly(alternate outfit)
Android 13, Super Android 13
Lord Slug, Giant Lord Slug
Cooler Pre Transformation, Metal Cooler
Janemba Pre transformation
Hildegarn
Tapion
Pikkon

New GT characters:

Baby
Baby Vegeta Pre Transformation
Golden Ape
Adult Trunks, Goten, Gohan(alternate outfits)
All seven evil Dragons
Uub, Majuub

New stages:

Dying Namek
Snow Capped MOuntains
Hell
Destroyed CIty (night time)
Planet Tuffle

Tag team 2 on 2 battles(YES with FOUR charcters on screen at once)

Tag team specifi finishers

More cinematic finishers

New gameplay modes

etc...

The same things happened with B2 B3 and T1, people claimed they were people they weren't and that they had the game, somethings are true some aren't but honestly some of the stuff does sound true, but others sound a tad false.
Like i said i can't believe it, nor can i say i don't believe it, because i have seen false posts on gamespot before they stopped it when they said they were someone they weren't.

When it comes to having a game however gamespot doesn't know so they can't say anything, but pretending to be someone, they can check that.

This post has been edited by Kashra021 on Jun 26 2006, 08:56 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...s.php?topic_id=m-1-28891362&pid=932683&page=2
There is the link if u wanna check it out for your self, honestly i don't care the game looks great either way.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt it's real, most of that stuff he stated you could already find on the Wikipedia article. The only place I've ever seen anyone from Atari (Donny Clay is Atari's associate producer) saying anything is on their official forums.

Best answers
The things I'm looking forward to are In-game trans, cuz that was stupid last time, you could have a SSJ 3 Goku fighting a nornal Goku, in Tournament or something. I'm looking forward to the 100 playable characters though.

Click here. And then click on "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Interview 1", it explains new game aspects.

Best answers
They have mods and employees at Atari trying to confirm if Clay really did say all that info, supposly today or tommorrow someone is supposed to say something, the employee guy already knows the answer but he won't say anything, just said leave the thread open never know who might pop in tomorrow?

Best answers
-- Very Minor Update --

This isn't anything we havent seen in the scan's already-- just a few better angles of fusion and tag-- however, i didn't know Tapion would be able to use his sword though. I really hope they fixed the animations this time around, it can look as good the sky on a sunny day but if it doesn't play out smoothly then what's the point if the animations are going to be clunky-- and for the love god, i hope they give Gogeta his Aura when he appears, it looks all bland and boring compared to B3's. That's the way Vegito should appear, not Gogeta.

Best answers
I would like to see that we could play as the villains thru the main story line intead of the Z fighters or something like that.

From what i have red from you guys, it sounds like there selling Beta tests to see how things go then just upgradeing them and selling them agean.

Oh and i hope thay put Broly in this one aswell.

PS: Is Turles that Sayian in the Tree of Might? becuse i didnt see him turn into a Giant ape in that Movie.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turles/Tullece/Whatever was the Saiyan from the Tree of Might, and he never turned into the ape, they might just be adding stuff onto characters.

You can bet that Brolly will be in there, he was in the last Tenkaichi, and Tenkaichi 2 is going to have all the characters from each of the series (supposedly).

I'm getting more interested in this game everytime I see a new batch of screenshots. Thanks for the updates Soul Punisher.

Best answers
I don't know if someone has seen this,but it looks imo a bit retarded but it adds the dbz feel...yeah..o_o

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"to charge up DBZ's Kamehameha attack [can't read the rest]"

"...then strike your hands straight out to unlease the kind of blast that DBZ fans dream about being able to do in real life."

That's for the Nintendo Wii version.

G
But Mogawi you forget, NO-ONE likes bio brolli.

And Garlic J.? Having every character ever obviously can be a bad thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
I don't know if someone has seen this,but it looks imo a bit retarded but it adds the dbz feel...yeah..o_o
That looks Mediocore

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about it, exactly, looks mediocre to you? The graphics? The gameplay?

Can't judge a book by its cover.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Meh. Tenkaichi didn't have staying power, because almost all the chars. were exactly the same. It was visual eye-candy, with awkward (at least initially) controls. How would a "Revolution-controlled" version work, exactly? The Revolution controller doesn't have enough buttons, and you need precise movements for a fighting game.

In any case, I own Budokai, Budokai 2, Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi--and have been moderately dissapointed by all but Budokai 3. I won't be buying Tenkaichi Neo. Perhaps I'll rent it.
QFT.

The first one was all about beam spamming. It was pretty damn lame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
It's just the guy in the pic is making himself look like an idiot. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom