Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
What does Super Dragon Ball Z have going for it? It looks just like B3 with less characters.
Super DBZ is actually the arcade DBZ game, about which there was a thread here a few months ago. It's different from Budokai.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't Super Dragonball Z an arcade port that will be on playstation 2? Kinda looks like street-fighter style fighting, so the fighting systems in both games are very different.

Though I am interested in those in-between fights they were talking about...

edit: Damn, Shiyo got to it first

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
That's what threw me off in Marvel Nemesis, which only had one attack button, so did Super Sonic Warriors, and Zone of the Enders. The trick is to create multiple variations of that button such as holding a certain button while doing it, dashing, etc. However, the fighting currently seems too restricted; basically in close up melee, I feel too tight while in Zone of the Ender's close melee I feel very lose.
But just imagine if you could actually use two buttons to attack in Tenkaichi. Kind of like Budokai 3's fighting system, mixed with Tenkaichi. That would be awesome. They already got the free-flight thing down, now all they need to do is make it fun. I'll admit, Tenkaichi isn't a bad game. I just played it with a couple friends last night and had a blast, but when we played Budokai 3, we had a lot more fun. That's all I'm saying, they could add combos to Tenkaichi, like how you did them in Budokai 3, mixed with what Tenkaichi already has. That would make the game fantastic in my opinion. Also, this is basically a suggestion but, what if they made Tenkaichi 4-player o_O? It could work, considering it has the split screen fighting. I think that would open up a new world into the game. It would be kind of like "Super Smash Bros.", or the two Godzilla games (Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla: Save the Earth). What made IGN.com give "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee" an 8.5 was because you could play with four people. They even said, "Find three friends, and you'll be playing this game until the next Godzilla game comes out". I think 4-player could work and would be very cool. What do you guys think?

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
But just imagine if you could actually use two buttons to attack in Tenkaichi. Kind of like Budokai 3's fighting system, mixed with Tenkaichi. That would be awesome. They already got the free-flight thing down, now all they need to do is make it fun. I'll admit, Tenkaichi isn't a bad game. I just played it with a couple friends last night and had a blast, but when we played Budokai 3, we had a lot more fun. That's all I'm saying, they could add combos to Tenkaichi, like how you did them in Budokai 3, mixed with what Tenkaichi already has. That would make the game fantastic in my opinion. Also, this is basically a suggestion but, what if they made Tenkaichi 4-player o_O? It could work, considering it has the split screen fighting. I think that would open up a new world into the game. It would be kind of like "Super Smash Bros.", or the two Godzilla games (Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla: Save the Earth). What made IGN.com give "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee" an 8.5 was because you could play with four people. They even said, "Find three friends, and you'll be playing this game until the next Godzilla game comes out". I think 4-player could work and would be very cool. What do you guys think?
That's a great idea, a 4-player mode would probably turn out to be addicting in a Dragonball Z game-- the multiplayer aspect in Dragonball Z games, have yet to been taken full advantage of, and sometimes that's all it really takes to achieve an endless amount of replay value in a game. As for adding two buttons to fight, as i said before-- that would help make the game alot better. It would really be nice if were able to distinguish the " punch " button from our " kick " button. The thing is though, BT's fighting system wouldn't really make any good use of it anyway, because punching and kicking doesn't seem to set your opponent up for anything, other then stun and launching. So that wouldn't really be all that effective unless they make a few changes.

So before they do anything with the multiplayer aspect, i think it's essential that they make a few gameplay changes first-- messing around with the tag mode option in this upcoming BT should definitely give them and us a better idea regarding what they should aim for in the third installment of BT-- hopefully their planning to make another one, there's entirely way to much potential for this kinda Dragonball Z game, to see it come to an end. It really sucks, that the problems in BT are so obvious and that those problems might possibly continue, steady holding it back from being an overall excellent Dragonball Z game.

G
Super Veggeto said:
Thats not true...
Maps are definatly bigger then the last Tenkaichi and you can tell it has a different feeling into it.
The maps have a completly new system which from distance it looks blurry and reminds alot of the series backgrounds.
Yes, but play Tenkaichi in the mountain/rock area map, they're using the same textures for the floor/rocks, and the rocks/mountain things look exactly the same. They've just made it bigger and added a little more detail, as well as a nice background.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly sure Tenkaichi is four player. There's a 2v2 tag team mode.

G
Oh yea, and the PS2 has only 2 controler sockets, that sucks. I guess only the Wii will have 4-player :( Oh well, atleast PS2 can still do 2PV2COM. Might be compatible with the extension thing though, but that usualy dosen't work.

My bro had ideas about how the Wii control will work, btw:

You probably just hit the other person with the controller until he passes out
FATALITY!
Or maybe they can include a microphone peripheral, and whoever screams loudest wins

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Playstation has a mulitport thing you can plug in for 4 player action. I'm not about to get my hopes up for any of those games yet. Until I see more videos thats show's it more complete, thats when I will start putting my two cents in. But from what i have seen so far, I'm mad. rawr!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
Oh yea, and the PS2 has only 2 controler sockets, that sucks. I guess only the Wii will have 4-player Oh well, atleast PS2 can still do 2PV2COM. Might be compatible with the extension thing though, but that usualy dosen't work.
I have the official PS2 multi-tap and the only time it doesn't work is when the game doesn't support it, or when it isn't plugged in :rolleyes: With a bit of luck they'll implement 4-player 2v2 tag matches into both versions, Tenkaichi would make a fun party game.

Hopefully you can also have 2v1 handicap matches, like Goku + Vegeta vs. one really strong Kid Buu. Encorporating something like that would be good for storymode too (e.g. Jeice + Burter vs. Goku, Goku + Piccolo vs. Raditz).

Best answers
If 2 V.S. 2 is the only four-player mode, then that's stupid. It should just allow you to do free-for all with four people. That's what everyone would like. If it's 2 on 2, one team always wins or loses because one person makes the other team better or worse. Now that could happen in four player as well, but atleast in four player, you could team up on one really good person, or, if the game had "stock" (lives), then you could run away till the better people are at low lives. I think stock would be the best mode, just like in Super Smash Bros. Melee. You all start out with a number of lives, and you kill each other until only one person is left standing. They could also do a mode, where you all battle each other, in a time limit, and whoever has the most kills wins. Anyone like those two ideas for the four-player mode? (If there is going to be one =/.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that would be annoying, like when people team up unfairly in ESF or 3-way battles in Free For All. Tag battles are a way of playing with four people but keeping it fair and balanced. Plus things would be way too hectic for both gameplay and framerates if all four players were fighting at once.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
If 2 V.S. 2 is the only four-player mode, then that's stupid. It should just allow you to do free-for all with four people. That's what everyone would like. If it's 2 on 2, one team always wins or loses because one person makes the other team better or worse. Now that could happen in four player as well, but atleast in four player, you could team up on one really good person, or, if the game had "stock" (lives), then you could run away till the better people are at low lives. I think stock would be the best mode, just like in Super Smash Bros. Melee. You all start out with a number of lives, and you kill each other until only one person is left standing. They could also do a mode, where you all battle each other, in a time limit, and whoever has the most kills wins. Anyone like those two ideas for the four-player mode? (If there is going to be one =/.)
That sounds a lot like ESF. ;o

DBZ game makers really could learn from ESF.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
That sounds a lot like ESF. ;o

DBZ game makers really could learn from ESF.
How true...
But I wouldnt want them to anyways.
They would take all the credit for copying ESF.

G
Mccdbz5 said:
Why not have both :O

..Four pepole beating each other with Wii controlers and screaming into microphones. That would be the best thing ever.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I think that would be annoying, like when people team up unfairly in ESF or 3-way battles in Free For All. Tag battles are a way of playing with four people but keeping it fair and balanced. Plus things would be way too hectic for both gameplay and framerates if all four players were fighting at once.
Ok for one thing, have you ever played a game called "War of the Monsters"? In that game, you get teamed up on ALL the time, but there are still many ways to knock all the opponents away from you. Tenkaichi could use some of them. For instance, in "War of the Monsters", there are attacks that push everyone back, or you could even use a counter, or do an uppercut, and knock everyone away. Tenkaichi could use some of the same things. Basically what you're saying, is that Free-For All four-player can't work on any game. If you get teamed up on, you can: block, counter, teleport, or jump back and fire a beam. Plus, my brother and me think Tag-Team is unfair as well. Everytime me and my brother play 2 on 2 with two friends, usally me and my brother are better than them, so whatever team one of use is on, the other two die, and then me and my brother just fight. Plus, isn't Tag-Team where, when one guy dies, your teammate comes in? That would suck. I hate those. That's what they did in Super Sonic Warriors. What is so unfair about Free-For All? Because you don't have the protection of your teammate? If you get teamed up on and can't escape, oh well. Wait till you die, and when you come back, go and get them back. The point is, every multiplayer mode can be unfair, and we just have to play with it being unfair. And yes Fortnox, that would be better, to have both of these modes. Free-For All and Tag-Team.

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Plus, isn't Tag-Team where, when one guy dies, your teammate comes in? That would suck.
Not necessarily, Dead or Alive has had tag team for years - in that game it's more of a case of combination moves and switching characters at he press of the button. You couldn't do it while someone is doing a combo on you, though.

G
Pepole, first day of E3, Dragon Ball hour is tommorow so expect some awesome stuff, but we already have 4 new screens from E3!
http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3images.html
Nothing majroly new, but nice electrizity effects. Anyone watch the Nintendo PR yesterday? Wow. Tenkaichi on the Wii is going to freakin' own. Having a orgasm watching Shizzy playing Wii would be a understatement. There's a small speaker in the controler, so that if you send a blast, you hear it blast from the controler, and then as it turns into a beam you here it flying off in from the TV speakers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm watching Gamespot's live broadcast of E3, and they just had a developer interview on Tenkaichi 2, and they confirmed that it will not have online play.

They showed some new footage, and I'm happy to see that it's possible to do more than one teleport while your opponent flies off after knocking him away, and the transformations also look better. Kind of like some electricity energy thing surrounding you, followed by the screen flashing white, after which the transformation is completed. The nasty purple energy stuff is gone, thankfully.

I also noticed how it's now possible to do in-flight adjustments while you're swooping, which looked very useful and much more dynamic. They said they upgraded the melee part too, but I didn't really see much change.

The environments looked bigger, with a bit more detail.

From what I could tell, it's just an upgraded Tenkaichi. More characters, prettier graphics, bigger arenas, but the core so far is the same. Kind of like how Budokai 1 and 2 compared to each other.

G
I'm about to watch it too, what I think is probbably the same thing, it's Dragon Ball Hour on Gamespot's E3 Coverage at
http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html?event=e32006

*edit* just finished watching it, awesome! That fight Super Buu VS Majin Vegeta is awesome. Rofl, Buu turns him into a ginger bread man XD

They described single player, it sounds alot like Final Fantasy 4 style. You get 3 characters (party?) and basicly go where you want, then go down into cities, walk around and talk to pepole in the city, possibly getting quests from them, going to where the big battles are, I wonder if it'll have random encounters :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Only thing I liked were the graphics. Wasn't really impressed with the whole fighting system and sluggish movement. ESF will always that part down. I think it would be fun having a dbz type game which looked and played like super smash brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom