Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Yeah, except budokai had a dilay before you had to start rotating it, it happens instantly in tenkaichi, so the computer usualyl gets a head start. I love the pace of this game, but damn my hands get tired fast.
Oh, that explains it. And I know exactly what you mean about your hands getting tired. My hands get tired fast as well, and my fingers also tend to cramp up abit about an hour or so into the game, as if i was writing a long report or something. Also how is the music and voice work in the game, is it really as bad as some people are making it out too be? i still can't play the US version until tommorow.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My hands would get tired after doing the short struggles in Budokai, and this is worse? Lol, Im probably gonna get it tomorrow after work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ESF esence in the game are the knock backs, being able to kock them back (I think 4 conecutive knock backs are the max) in the directions up, down, left and right.

I still need to get the hand on ascending/descending, but I seem to surpass most of the computers with regular melee. They pull out a bunch of power rusehes and beams that do the majority damage...And versing an Ozuroo as a humanoid is just tiring.

But, I like the way they balance ot mosdt of the characters. Chaoutzu is actually a very good character so far. He fast attacks and flies faster than normal characters....But Ozuroo's strength is just too strong, I had to fly around most of the time when I had to survive for a certain amount of time.

It's not really the voice acting that sucks, it's the the whole cutscene itself. They seem mediocre and rushed, though points for original dialouge. The worst Budokai (the first one) still has had the best cutscenes so far.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriosuly, I just flew around reall fast in that fight, when he got close, I would shoot a kamehame at him than ust keep flying up and down, away from him.

Best answers
The game was extremly hard at first but once u get good at melee ull be walloping the comp, the only problem i seem to have is timing teleports to get out of the way of blasts.

Other then that im having a blast Great job spike!

DMW

Best answers
AHhhhh i gotta get this freaking game,im gonna have to sell some games to get it i guess.I atm have no money coming to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried what you said, Chakra, but got too frustrated trying to figure out which buttons Turbo Soar your ass =0p. I was pretty much a free kill for Vegeta--So I exited, entered Practice mode, and got the hang of the tawded Turbo Soaring.

Thanks, Chakra. Well as stated above, the controls are fairly difficult to adjust to... I can't argue with that. This has been somewhat frustrating.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The biggest flaw with the American version is that the Japanese audio is too low volume compared to the American music. I haven't tried turning down the music yet, but that might fix it.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I found the powerstruggles insanely hard in Tenkaichi at first--until I realized you can't do it the way that worked best in Budokai 2/3, which is not to rotate, but to SHAKE the sticks back and forth.

Once I started rotating the sticks properly, it was much, much easier. And I don't bother with the L2 button to charge.
Wut do u mean by shake it? i tried many methods but i never even moved the bar

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in Budokai 2/3, the best way to win struggles was not to rotate the sticks--you had to shake them left and right.

In Budokai:Tenkaichi, just move both sticks in a clockwise, circular motion and you'll win the struggle.

Best answers
The problem is that its not possible to teleport from a rush , just from a charged strike , at least personally i havent managed to

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arachka said:
The problem is that its not possible to teleport from a rush , just from a charged strike , at least personally i havent managed to
The only way to really defend against a combo Rush is to block at the right time. The computer does this to me all the time, he manages to block my rush at the third hit. It takes some anticipation also, because you can step out of the way when you know the computer is going to do a stun move, or a charged strike. You can also teleport to avoid these, yes, but it costs a little Ki.

Best answers
Damn, im stuck in Buu saga, where you have to survive against Kid buu with Hercule. 2 times i had only 1 sec left...i have completed everything else i could. Only one ??? gate left, if i remember right.

This is so awesome against human player. I played this with my friend yesterday about 6h.

Best answers
Woot, i got it! Woot!! Yeah its pretty sweet, i had to cash my $50 check to get it but it was worth it. I went to Meijer though and they didn't even have it in stock, apparently they didnt order it. So i had to go to walmart and they had like 2 left. So it sold pretty well. I think that its pretty tough though, i have some trouble with the power struggles and other stuff like that but it looks cool. Im in 1st hour right now and when i get home im gonna play all day.

Best answers
Been playing it for nearly an hour now and i have to say it is has a hard control system but like others said it makes the game feel more of a challenge. The biggest prob with the game is the fiddly camera that turns at annoying times and sometimes makes you lose sight of people and before you know you have a huge beam coming at you. At first i couldnt remember the combo to fire one back so lost alot of times because of that. Its hard to unlearn Budokai 3's controls as i keep pressing the wrong buttons lol. Overall with abit of practice and some time spent on the game it could be really damn good. Fights are alittle on the short side though.....

G
I'm ashamed, I think my DBZ fan-boy-isam is dieing :( maybe the star wars geek majority of me is killing it O_O either way, the game has been out like, almost a week now, and I havent got it yet. infact, I'm going to have to wait till christmas to get it. 2 or 3 years ago I would have sold my soul to get a new DBZ game like BKT :S lawl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For all you people who have trouble with the default camera:

Go to Options -> Screen -> Camera

If you set it to setting B, the camera will be basically the same, only slightly further back, and aimed down a bit more, so you will have a better view of what is up ahead of you. I use this all the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I discovered a great little trick when dealing with survival battles:

Straight away hit them with your cheapest (ki cost) Finishing Move like the Kamehameha. Then run off and hide somewhere and charge up your ki until you go into Sparking!/MAX POWER! mode. Then lock-on and Dragon Dash (swoop) to the left or right. Because you're in Sparking there won't be any ki cost for this and you can do it for about 40 seconds before Sparking wears off, plus another 10 seconds out of your regular ki reserve. They won't be able to catch up to you, nor will they hit you with any energy attacks including Finishers.

I find this especially useful against the Oozaru battles, where odds are heavily stacked against you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom