Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This really looks like a dream come true. It looks very fun. Something about it reminds me of WoW - but this seems to carry a lot more "originality", in my opinion. It's a great creation, free of qualities/resemblance from/of other concepts rehashed and whatnot. Toriyama's awesome.. Let's hope they bring this to the US - I honestly think it'll wipe the floor with WoW and its sales.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This really looks like a dream come true. It looks very fun. Something about it reminds me of WoW - but this seems to carry a lot more "originality", in my opinion. It's a great creation, free of qualities/resemblance from/of other concepts rehashed and whatnot. Toriyama's awesome.. Let's hope they bring this to the US - I honestly think it'll wipe the floor with WoW and its sales.
I believe it might, DBZ is extremely popular.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well of course, the popularity. I was talking about this with NeLo and we brought up that with such a huge license it's sure to make mega bucks, but also the additional mammoth amount from all of the big MMO'rs; this will surely appeal to all tastes... as it's new, [I may speak too soon: revolutionary], original & it offers people some stuff never before seen in any MMO (speaking of Toriyama's original Ki-concept integration).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just ponder on how mediocre every dbz game to date has been,

when they tried rpgs, other franchises did better
when they tried fighting, other franchises did better
when they tried action, it was god awful.

it may sound fun, and you may think it is the greatest thing on earth, (i mean, hey this IS a dbz forum after all), but from my perspective, (a non-dbz fan) it just looks like any other mediocre DBZ game to capitalize on its popularity.

ones they make, only because it will sell regardless of how good or bad it is, (im looking at you DBZ sagas ^^)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
just ponder on how mediocre every dbz game to date has been,

when they tried rpgs, other franchises did better
when they tried fighting, other franchises did better
when they tried action, it was god awful.

it may sound fun, and you may think it is the greatest thing on earth, (i mean, hey this IS a dbz forum after all), but from my perspective, (a non-dbz fan) it just looks like any other mediocre DBZ game to capitalize on its popularity.

ones they make, only because it will sell regardless of how good or bad it is, (im looking at you DBZ sagas ^^)
We'll see after is has been released. If people dislike something about the game, I believe it might get updated later on to fit people's taste. Besides, It's a new game. I'm always interested in seeing new MMORPG's, and especially DBZ ones. I might even say it sucks later on, but not going to until I have played it.

Best answers
The problem with DBO is that it will probably be played by every 11-to-13-year old kid out there. That is, if they can pull themselves from WoW.

"hao do i creaet sssj????????"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should implement something like in spore character design so you can at least morph the characters face and hair so that he/she really is original. I also hope the aging system isn't like in Fable. The only thing that bothered me in Fable was that you age so damn quickly it seemed like.
You age faster when you become powerful-er :scared:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Screw the ages.. I am 20, and I love DBZ.. Even though Naruto is much better ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you seriously dwelling on age?

It doesn't matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope i will be able to fly there ..... and shoot for fun as much as i want :p

then i may will try it, otherwise it will be boring for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It you aren't able to fly, I won't play this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you seriously dwelling on age?

It doesn't matter.
Ehhh...Little 8-11 year olds on an online setting is rarely a good thing. Same with a 50 year old guy, not as bad, but it'd be kinda weird.

Really, it just depends on the maturity of the people. Dragonball Z is only seen as kiddy because a lot of kids watch it. If nobody under the age of 13 watched it, it would not be considered for kids, meaning it's not really the content that's kiddy, it's the (majority of the)people that make it popular.

Best answers
Dragonball was never meant for kiddies. If you've read the manga or seen the non-funimation (or should I say destroyed) version of the anime you'd know it was full of mature humor :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It actually varies quite a lot. You can tell when a cartoon is aimed for immature audiences, but you can also tell when it could be enjoyed by both adults and children. The American cartoons such as Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Foster's Home, etc., are obviously aimed at the 5-11 age group. Dragon Ball, brought to America perhaps lowered the age group slightly, because of the dialogue and editing (you could also buy the DVDs uncut)--but all around it's nothing like those American children shows, in comparison. Dragon Ball attracted a much, much wider audience than most cartoons intended for the 11-16(yes?) age group. I may have mentioned this previously, but when Dragon Ball was in its prime several years ago ('99) I would meet 20+ year old people in malls who were always eager to talk about it. There were a lot of people who were interested in it you never thought would be; I knew 40 year olds with children who would ask me about the show. So, a majority of the fans are children... but the show's fanbase also contained many, many older college students who are obsessed with anime.

In Japan, everyone liked it, I believe. It was kind of like Superman here, but more violent.. as the Japanese are apparently desensitized to any form of violence, even the children.

-.-...Naruto's far from ground-breaking.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they don't allow you to be super dbz warriors in the first version of the game, only to nerf everything later on, making you feel like a slightly more powerful average Joe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-.-...Naruto's far from ground-breaking.
Somebody's gots a grudge =P

I won't really bother trying to get this if I have to use some kind of guide to get pass the japanese. Especially if the majority of the players don't even speak my language -_-. If it does well, chances are they will make it for english too, or at least something similar.

And if gets popular, I hope we would get to see more sandbox Dragonball Z games. Oh, Sagas doesn't count.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a feeling that it's going to come here...i mean the whole DB universe has come to the US and all around the world no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom