Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
im going to start out around age 9 on my char and age it normally, then on my second char im goin to keep myself at about age 13 and be almighty kid! :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a pretty advanced system they're trying to build there. It'll be the first, I'll tell you that. Akira Toriyama's ideas, Dragon Ball [Flight, Ki, etc], MMORPG, new-never before seen MMO elements, great gameplay = The Best MMORPG Of All Time. Right? C'mon now. Guys?

Hello?

Best answers
i dont realy like city of heroes due to the level up system and fighting system. it takes ages just to level up. and its boring just clicking on the icon. with a good fighting system like esf wich i doubt would be a decent good mmorpg but this is my opinion

Best answers
Just one thing though, what does marriage have to do with having kids?
ZING! Hahaha.

"You learned a new skill - Daterape"

Best answers
did anyone else notice in the scan, that right in the middle of it was a picture that looked as if he was transforming to ssj, or am i just repeating what a lot of people have said?

Best answers
man i cant wait for this game to come out ima play on it soo much, i may actualy turn into what i hate most...a computer dork, and lose contact with the outside world...but itl be worth it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You guys have to remember Toriyama didnt write dbgt... therefore those elements are probably non-existant, but I dont know. It looks like it should be pretty fun, I wonder if its going to have like an equipment system or if its going to be like coh o_O...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying GT isn't canon for a video game is irrelevant, 'The Eye of Darkness' isn't canon either. Toriyama worked on several design elements for GT and gave it his seal of approval, if he's working on this too then there's no saying whether or not GT material will be included.

Best answers
Toriyama only did a tiny bit of work when the show started. He only did the premise. A rough draft, if you will.
He quit for a reason. It was crap :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that was the reason I said someone else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game doesn't resemble GT in any way, shape, or form. GT is, I suppose, apart of the Dragon Ball universe, but what do you expect to see from the series? Some look-alike Omega Shenron NPC enemies? I don't see how you can work GT into a DragonBall MMO; drawing styles? Enemies? It's practically the same as Dragon Ball Z, it just lacked the originality, and made the sagas seem more boring: New enemy approaches; Gohan, Trunks, Goten & Pan fall to the enemy - Vegeta declares himself the Earth's saviour - Vegeta loses - Goku arrives - Goku wins - Vegeta loses - Goku wins - Vegeta loses - Goku goes SS4 - Vegeta loses - Goku loses - Vegeta goes SS4 - Vegeta loses - Goku goes SS6, and so on so forth. The series lacked, instead of aiming in another direction with the characters and story, they just continued down a path Dragon Ball Z was inevitably going to reach. What do you like? More transformations? The exaggerated powerlevels? I've been wondering for awhile why people [Ravendust] your age like Dragon Ball GT. I was always under the impression the kids enjoyed GT, because everything was focused so much more on Goku, and because it revolved around new Super Saiyan levels so much.

GT wasn't a success; DragonBall and Z were. Toriyama wouldn't add anything related to GT unless he found it necessary; DB/Z = Skill, personas, character development, etc. DBGT = All fighting, new transformations, boring, etc. No matter which way you slice it, DB/Z is genuine, and GT is basically just an expansion, that added some extra Super Saiyan levels & at the same time destroyed characters - it revived dead villains & concepts, because of lack of ideas........ perhaps not destroying what was great, but exaggerating it. So, in turn, we look at it as 'Non-Canon', "Not Canonical", "Not Real"--whatever you want to call it. Toriyama gave it his "seal of approval" possibly because he wanted some extra money. Money can do wonders... especially when you have a family to take care of. Who'd really pass up the opportunity to be more famous and rich? He may have wanted to stop the DragonBall manga, but ... what the hell? Money = Yes to practically anything.

They said DBO is set a couple hundred years after Z, meaning GT is not involved here. This is a relief for me. I think the Dragon Ball GT look would ruin everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For anyone who's still confused about this:

Dragonball Online takes place 200 years after Goku set off to go train with Uub.
All the main characters from Dragonball/DBZ are in theory, well, dead.
However, some screenshots imply that some of them are still around. Hm.

Trainers, maybe?

More info:

You start out as a kid and, you guessed it, grow up.
I wonder how they'll pull that off. Seems like a great idea to me.
you reached level 12. you are now an adolescent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:
I've been wondering for awhile why people [Ravendust] your age like Dragon Ball GT.
That's really the only part of your rantette that interested me in any way, just skimmed the rest.

I don't claim to want to run away with GT and marry it in a Tuscan Villa, but I think it gets unfairly bashed based on it's weak early episodes. Anything that falls into the category of 'Lost Episodes'/Blackstar Dragon Ball Saga was, on the whole, poop. Baby, Super #17 and Shadow Dragons weren't bad villains in my oppinion. You say how it focuses on new Super Saiyan transformations, it had one, compare that to Z.

For the record, I also think Z is formulaic pap compared to Dragon Ball, but you don't hear me bashing it outright.

You're one year older than me, on a DBZ forum, under the name 'Vegeta', commenting in every DBZ-related thread to push your encyclopedic knowledge of DBZ on others in the most oppinionated, verbose way possible. You threw a hissy-fit about how much GT is a malevolent force that raped your family, because I suggested that GT material may be in the game. Think before you speak, and back on topic if you please.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I just found GT's structure bad. Since GT was MADE for tv, it's episodes were planned out that way, hence why each "Shadow Dragons" episode, Goku and Pan come upon another Dragon and receive another Dragonball. It hardly remained true to the characters either. My two main peeves about GT were with Vegeta and Goku:

Vegeta: This just plain baffled me for how it went against Z's plotline. Sure, they had Vegeta's old classic personality from DBZ, but that's ALL they had. Not once did we see the new friendship with Goku that Vegeta had in the end of DBZ. You never hear him call Goku "Old Friend". Instead, he's back to training to show he's superior, which contradicted the whole damned DBZ episode where he acknowledges Goku's unmatchable superiority. What really killed it is when he started talking about Goku the way he used to with phrases like "Kakarot is a clown who only knows his stomach and his own stupidity"...I mean, come ON...how do they overlook this ****?

Goku: This isn't really on-topic here, but I never liked the whole Kid Goku concept. It was a talking point, but not much else. If anything it annoyed me. For me, Sean Schemmel's voice made the Dragonball series roar. It felt like an M Night Shamelon (spelling?) twist. I was also disappointed in how they took a sideways **** on Goku's sense of compassion. In the whole DB and DBZ franchise, Goku only KILLED a small number of people, and outside of Kid Buu, never actually finished off a main DBZ villain for good. In GT it feels like Goku got some kind of hard-on for war and had to unleash a deadly load of Kamehameha over the course of the series. You think I'm joking, but he used the Kamehameha for EVERYTHING and mercilessly killed at least TWICE as many as he did throughout the entire ****ing canon Dragonball series. God, what a crock!

Then there's the fact that they decided to conveniently forget just about any character who WASN'T introduced in DBZ. To my knowledge, Tien, Chiaoutzu, Yamcha, Yajirobe and even Korin never make a single appearance or mention. You'd think they fell off the Earth or something. Roshi is seen like, what, twice? And Krillin? Don't get me started...too late. Krillin, the once popular bald shorty comic relief dude who's no longer bald, is now some office-dwelling geriatric with a badly roughened voice and grey hair everywhere. I'd have preferred they'd forgotten Krillin entirely as opposed to this rubbish. He deserved better. I can imagine he's somewhere nearing 50 in GT, and I've known plenty of people who didn't have their whole matt go grey by then. I dunno, the neglect of the characters never sat well with me.

But anyway, let's get back on topic.

Best answers
I just tryed downloading the Beta version of it :p (Didn't have anything to do)

But can someone tell me how I get ingame.. It looks like there's no servers open, but what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom