Double hit Melee

Best answers
I used to play way back and Im just now getting back into it. I left right after the new melee system came out. So I was playing today and this one guy kept hitting me twice in a row. He was using the type of melee where you hold down the right mouse and you hit the person to send them flying. However, somehow after he hit me for the initial hit he managed to fly and hit me again. Ive tried to always do this but fail.....so I ask....wtf?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to let go of mouse2 after your first hit, then hold it again for your second.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
You have to let go of mouse2 after your first hit, then hold it again for your second.

To a noob; that might sound confusing. Here it is a little simpler that goes in correct order. After you knock them back once, let go of the mouse button, start swooping and then repress the right mouse button. Once you get this down, it becomes a simultaneous thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ramsus said:
I used to play way back and Im just now getting back into it. I left right after the new melee system came out. So I was playing today and this one guy kept hitting me twice in a row. He was using the type of melee where you hold down the right mouse and you hit the person to send them flying. However, somehow after he hit me for the initial hit he managed to fly and hit me again. Ive tried to always do this but fail.....so I ask....wtf?
They claim its supposed to be that way.

I call it an exploit and get flamed for it all the time.

Unfortunately ESF 1.2.3 is one of those games that, if you don't play it like everyone else, you just get crushed. Low Mouse Sensitivity = dead. No double hits = dead. No teleport script = dead. No Gohan or Trunks super low transformation advantage = dead. No one-button swoop script = dead.

I'm sure everyone and their mother knows the trick to do the double hit, so I won't even mention it. I have heard that it's possible to script the swoop to a single keypress, though; maybe that is what the guy was using that made him do it so easily. Though in my experience even people who've never played before usually figure it out pretty quickly and get good at it fast.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I fight differently than pretty much everyone else. (don't get me wrong it's similar in a lot of ways) I don't use a single swoop buttong script though :)

People really don't understand the beauty of 1.2.3's fighting system. I'll give you an awsome example. (this works for anyone even gohan/trunks)

Sure you can knock someone back twice then throw a ki blast at them or 2. But thats what? 5+5+2+2= 14 dmg? Pffft. That's dumb. Try this. Go into adv. melee on them. Do as many hard (red) hits as you want. (no blue or green) and depending on where they go (if it's not blocked) teleport after them (if you have enough ki, usually you do) and hit them back again, then add some ki blasts. So then you have (max of three red hits) 8+8+8+5+4= 33 dmg. That is of course not counting PL advantage.

I also ALWAYS fight with turbo on. Not only does it increase damage dramatically (i get called a hacker for the amount of damage I do to people) but when people hit me, i don't take nearly as much damage as if it was off. So people again, ask me how I have not died yet. *glares at Growler* :p

You just have to use your head. Not only that, but you can control where people go when you knock them back, try to hit them towards the ceiling or toward the ground for added damage.

I hope this helps some. Teleport swoop helps too :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Unfortunately ESF 1.2.3 is one of those games that, if you don't play it like everyone else, you just get crushed. Low Mouse Sensitivity = dead. No double hits = dead. No teleport script = dead. No Gohan or Trunks super low transformation advantage = dead. No one-button swoop script = dead.
hmmm, sorry to come off as rude but thats not true at all. For one, i double hit as much as i can, but i cant always do it, same as most people, the double hit is there because the damage was lowered from 1.1 to 1.2, meaning you get just as much damage from it as in 1.1 if you can pull it off. However i do agree ki blasts or generic beams being unblockable for the short ammount of time when you recover is retarded. I believe Hybrid/Sub uses low sensitivity and he's one of the best players ive fought (although ive only ever seen him ingame once or twice, and yes he kicked my ass). There is no teleport script in 1.2.3 >_>. Any good player can tell you that early transformations are rarely a good tactic, you up the powerlevel average in the server and your enemys start earning more pl in their normal form, this puts you back behind everybody else rather quickly, if you're wise, you dont transform untill the top or rival player in the server has transformed first. One button swoop is only really usefull if you block lame, and on high ping servers which have a hard time to respond to double tap.

Best answers
i have to agree with david, see, i use sensitivity of 3 or 4, and i can still kick alotta of ass, and sometimes it feels to be alittle too fast :p and i double hit all the time, i never take trunks or gohan because theyre slow and they have that lame low trans limit, i always prefer cell who has high trans point and his fast etc.. so basicly.. nope :p xD i dont use anykinda of scripts what so ever, and i still can example beat david, atleast last time i fought him, and so i can kill pretty much of ppl too. but there is still damn much ppl who can beat me down

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Like me Hamppu? XD

Anyway, you don't need any scripts, however, using scripts to win against someone is pretty dumb. And also, I usually can wipe ass of any scripter while at all pro fighters I get even-even result.

So its up to you, just practice alot, and don't never, ever let a n00b get on ur nerves by calling u lamer/scripter because you can beat him, just make him cry ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
excuse me? u beat me? when was this? D:

i'd also like to add you dont even have to teleport for a double hit 95% of the time, you can hit> swoop> hit.

Best answers
What I do is when I meele I hold down rightclick all the time because I have been playing esf since alpha 2.0 and I like the simple meele better then advanced it just seems to have more skill in it.... as for scripts never really had use for them.

zAS

Best answers
Errr... Actually, I never "let go of mouse2", I continue having it hold down from the first one and I can do the second hit like anyone.

No teleport script = dead. No one-button swoop script = dead.
What are these scripts? What do they do? Is it lame to use these scripts (if yes, no need to answer following questions)? Where can I find them? How do I apply them?

Thanks!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think holding down the right click always works, because thats what I usually do. Most of the time, when I go in for a second hit I dont even hit the person. I catch up to them, but its like im flying into a wall. No, the person hasnt recovered yet.

zAS

Best answers
Zeonix said:
I dont think holding down the right click always works, because thats what I usually do. Most of the time, when I go in for a second hit I dont even hit the person. I catch up to them, but its like im flying into a wall. No, the person hasnt recovered yet.
When that happens it means that u swooped/teleported at him to fast, you have to wait a little bit. Though I don't know if realeasing the 2 Clik and holding it down again would brake that rule...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah....im not waiting around. Anywho, I've learned to just teleport since swooping for the second hit doesnt work all the time for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my experiences, I release mouse two quickly between shots on those sparce occasions where I use the double hit. So as far as I know that is the way I do it. I imagine it is easier to try holding it down but I'm sure there's some sort of an odd delay between melee hits (there have had to be delays on everything, pretty much). Don't quote me though. I try to not double hit as often as possible and when I do, I usually release the mouse quickly.

The mouse sensitivity confusion is because HL's mouse sensitivity setting is directly relative to your windows mouse. If you set your windows mouse really high then you will have a very fast mouse in HL and the sensitivity's number will be low. If you're like me and have lower sens in windows though, you have to set it very high to make it quick.

zAS

Best answers
The mouse sensitivity confusion is because HL's mouse sensitivity setting is directly relative to your windows mouse. If you set your windows mouse really high then you will have a very fast mouse in HL and the sensitivity's number will be low. If you're like me and have lower sens in windows though, you have to set it very high to make it quick.
That's good to know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you all talking about?! Zeo expecially. I was wondering why you teleport more than swoop. In any case. The only time I teleport to someone to hit them a second time is if I'm gohan or Trunks. Reason being is they are too slow. In order to pull off a successful hit>swoop>hit- You need to hit them, let go of mouse2, swoop at them and repress mouse2. At least that's what I do. Works 100 percent of the time if they haven't recovered already. Which they didn't unless it's a hack/spript/glitch.

And as saiyan pride said- Very true. My sens is 45.8 I believe. (it's amazing what .x does to smooth out your mouse)

zAS

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
What are you all talking about?! Zeo expecially. I was wondering why you teleport more than swoop. In any case. The only time I teleport to someone to hit them a second time is if I'm gohan or Trunks. Reason being is they are too slow. In order to pull off a successful hit>swoop>hit- You need to hit them, let go of mouse2, swoop at them and repress mouse2. At least that's what I do. Works 100 percent of the time if they haven't recovered already. Which they didn't unless it's a hack/spript/glitch.

And as saiyan pride said- Very true. My sens is 45.8 I believe. (it's amazing what .x does to smooth out your mouse)
!!!!!

My Sens is... 6.4, and your telling me that your sens is 7 times what I have?!

Oh yeah... i forgot what SaiyanPrideXIX said.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah if you lowered your windows mouse sensitivity then 6.4 would be really slow for you. It's some controversy everyone in ESF has. So your 6.4 could very well be equal to my 45.8.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows mouse speed is w/e its default is. For esf, I alternate my sense between 50 and 100. Why? Because I like to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom