Does weight lifting stunt growth?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5 hours a day? You're joking right? Please.... that has to be a joke? His muscles would never get the chance to rest (it takes more than one night's sleep for muscles to rest, especially if he was doing 5 hours straight) not only that, the amount of damage he could have potentially, and most likely would have done to his chest and arm muscles is almost unimaginable.

Best answers
Maybe his friend got exposed to radioactive stuff and became a mutant, and when he lifts weights, he gets angry.. And getting angry results in growing and become strong.. ? Ever thought of that? Huh?

Anyway.. I only do pushups and situps to work on my stomach, back and arms.. I always wonder why people want to become strong by lifting weights.. It's just the looks you get (very ugly muscles with bloodveins popping out all over the place) but even if you can lift xxx lbs, it's a torment for your back.. Not healthy at all if you ask me..

Best answers
@ Me111 - That is the biggest load of horse **** I've ever heard. Your "friend" cannot bench for 2 hours straight, let alone 5. Its against all scientifical theories.

Weightlifting is anaerobic exercise(correct me if I am wrong), that means that you need a whole lot of oxygen to keep up. Your lungs cant keep up with the exercise, so your body enters lactic acid fermentation. Lactic acid makes you feel sore in the morning after you lift the night before, and can be damaging if too much is built up. Too much ATP is burned up and your reserves cannot be replenished fast enough to keep up with anaerobic activity.

So put short, It is scientifically impossible for your "friend" to lift 5 hours straight, especially w/o breaks and doing the same exercise over and over.

And if he could magically keep up with this for 5 hours straight, then he would have muscle damage within the first 2-3 days (exadderation). You need 3 things to build muscle,

1. Diet
2. Rest
3. Exercise (enough to tear muscle fibers)

So he cant build up muscle that way. Testosterone levels get too low after an hour of exercise, that is when muscle damage occurs.

I could go on and on forever telling you how wrong you are, but people wouldnt like that.

Thankyou and good night!!!

Best answers
Godhand said:
For the love of god I hope someone bans you.

You _Can't_ bench 5 hours a day. It's literally impossible unless you bench the metalpool alone. And if you do that, you won't rip your muscles = thus you won't get any stronger. You can't bench every day either, because then again you'll just damage your muscles and won't improve at ALL.

BUUUSTEEED

My god....

well i dont know how he did it then, but he did exactly what i said so i don't care if you believe me or not.

Best answers
and **** off walmart security you **** i dont care if you believe it or not thats what he did. Just because you couldn't do it doesn't mean he couldn't

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chill out, Me111. It actually is close to impossible to bench for 5 hours. Your friend clearly lied to you, or you're lying to us. I doubt someone could even bench for 1 hour.

Best answers
My god ****in jealous ******* walmart security is that piece of **** *** ****

Best answers
stay out of it zeonixand wait you said close to impossible, meaning that it isn't completely impossible

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me111, I can guarantee I'm infinitely stronger than the average bear, and even I cant bench for 5 hours. Just leave it alone, and move on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have a nice warning for both double posting, and flaming. just because someone argues against you, doesnt mean you have the right to hurl abuse at them.

on top of that, they are both right, and you are wrong.

walmart, anaerobic exercises do use oxygen, but in a very different way, which is why you feel out of breath after doing them, it basically uses the reserve supplies of oxygen, among other things in your body. its a very unhealthy form of respiration, and its not advised for prolonged periods (anything over 5 minutes of non stop anaerobic respiration is dangerous).

when an athelete goes running, unless their body is very well tuned for it, chances are even their breathing isnt enough for the exercise, so the body uses both aerobic, and anaerobic respiration to get the job done. which is why top runners whove been doing it all their life will still get a bit short winded after a while.

if you want to read into the real technical side of both forms of respiration, heres a good link: http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/biology/chapter6section1.rhtml

me111, i suggest you shape up, or your forum life will be very short lived.

Best answers
**** you mad ax man ill just come on as another name you dumb ass **** you can't stop me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im sorry, but i dont have time to sit and wait to see if everyone wants to reply to my messages. needless to say, you appear to not want to be here. and no, you cant just come on as a different name. if you REALLY want to challenge the administration, be my guest. but this is your final warning.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you need 2 posts for 2 sentences?

Anyway, we're right Me111. Its just not possible unless your friend is He-Man or Jake the Snake Roberts.

Best answers
what does jake the snake have to do with this he wasnt that big and fine im calm now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God, Me111 how old are you anyway?

And btw 5 hours? Why there was a time when i did 10, and right after that i ran for 10 hour straight. I ate coffee beans to stay awake and wrestling aligators, heck i even beat superman in arm wrestling.

Anyway back to reality, it's impossible -_-

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thats why I fell like dieing after benching for like 10 minutes... So basically when your doing bench presses your body cant take in Oxygen fast enough and your body builds up lactic acid and stuff?

btw: me111 please dude, for your sake stop. The admins could do more than just ip ban you...

Best answers
you know what im not gonna respond to you jakut or raeku or im gonna get banned

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please drop the me111 issue. If he wants to leave, then the admins will be more than helpful in that means. Back on topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raeku said:
Thats why I fell like dieing after benching for like 10 minutes... So basically when your doing bench presses your body cant take in Oxygen fast enough and your body builds up lactic acid and stuff?
yeah that about sums it up. whenever ive gone out for "lifting" exercises (the only lifting ive ever done is pullups etc.) ive made sure i have a good breathing rythm going while i do it. breathing out while i pull myself up, and breathing in on the way down etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom