Defeating the Head-on style

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.C. Darkling said:
the point is if you do not move you waste less ki then when swooping.. so if you both start at max ki and he swoops while you stay you got a ki advantage.. this makes you hit him.

get ki. ;D
What you said is exactly what the original poster is asking how to defeat. Thanks for not helping. You don't put fire out with fire, unless you're an idiot. Hmm....... :laff:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the point is if you do not move you waste less ki then when swooping.. so if you both start at max ki and he swoops while you stay you got a ki advantage.. this makes you hit him.
The whole point of the current melee system is to out manover your oppoinite, and catch him off gaurd for a hit. Not to stand there, do nothing, and wait for your opponite to swoop at you for a hit you didnt earn... anyways my strategy is to be unpredictable, move around a lot, do side hits, and back hits. If they really annoy me i laser em.

Best answers
My counter to this (back on topic) is to swoop directly at the person, and then turn away from their head-on. Usually I go under them. When they go whizzing past in their missed head-on attempt, I quickly turn and begin trailing them. Usually, the opponent is bewildered and gets hit. However, after a few times, they start realizing I come from behind them. So, then I'll do a block counter or a teleport hit to throw them off guard. This is usually enough to beat most head-on abusers. My only problem is with the really good people, that even though my moves are confusing the hell out of the person, they seem to spot me at the last second and get their head-on hit. Every single time. To avoid this, I've been turning out of the way of the head-on, and trying to come around at their back for a quicker and more confusing variation to method #1... their response is the same... they just swivel and try to head-on me. As you can see, one counter leads to the same situation again. I am trying to get faster and faster at it, since getting faster and more accurate seems to be the only way to win. A third method I've been trying is to swoop straight at the guy while he is charging, luring him into a head-on, then do a right-left-right-left zig-zag maneuver that attempts to abuse hit-boxes and send him flying. This is what I do to try and survive against head-on Super Saiyans when I can't trans yet. By the way, counters such as "head-on them better" or "beaming" don't matter to me, I would like a melee solution that is elite please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its all about misdirection and adapting to ur opponanats style of combat

u do that and ur guarenteed to win... unless u suck inwhich case u are doomed :rolleyes:

Best answers
yea it's very hard to defeat a head on abusing super saiyan when u aren't transformed yet >_< in that case i usually change to gohan and go SSJ

Best answers
one thing i hate about howers is if there good at howing they waith till the last second the hit u. my stratey is teleport of move out of the way then i usually combo them since howers arent that good.

Best answers
i remember someone posted it, it works pretty well but head on to them and swoop downwards but when u get near them point directly upwards and it knocks em almost all the time... it was something like that... because it doesnt register as a head on when u quickly aim upwards so the Ki thing doesnt count :D .. well something like that.. u can look it up in one of the MANY and i mean MANY forums about howing and all that other mumbo jumbo...

Best answers
The only thing you need to know is this...

What is the guy thinking :confused:

Once you get that he is waiting for a move that takes a sec to do. This also mean that he has to be equaly fast on trying to pull his move. So as he sits there he has a trigger finger waiting for that special something right? So you fake... You turn on your turbo and he runs to you. And you hit him. If that doesn't work you can swoop and fly around him like crazy getting him lost. This is what I do :cool:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your good at anticipating people's moves than you have a great advantage. As foolish as it sounds I used to play so much chess that I got great at anticipating people's movement. It was such a help in fps to know what to expect people to do. You can immediatly pick out aggressive styles and such.

Best answers
Yeah, I don't believe in HOWing myself. Like Scorcher and Bio Brolli said, it's mostly about two things, spacial awareness and being aware of how your opponent thinks.

If you know where you are and where you'll be, where your opponent is and where they'll be, and how they're thinking (you should know how you think :p ) then you'll be fine in whatever the situation.

Best answers
My favorite way to beat people that just stand there and wait for you to charge them is to charge then and then go above them at the last second and teleport down (backwards depending on how far you are looking up) and hitting them from below and there teleporting very quickly (bind 2 keys to tele or use a 3rd party program to bind combonations to a key and make one tele 3 or 4 times [ 3 teles with the push of 1 button makes you go very quickly]) and hit them down. Then tele down just as fast and hit them back upwards. The if you think they are low enough on ki you can charge a beam and blast them to dust.

Oh and Kreshi,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ow.. i thoughed we ment the swooping dude with HOWing. lol

nah.. defeating someone standing still like that is easy.. plan your teleport and teleport near him at any place exept infront of him. then hit.

works as a charm.. I use it to defeat the ppl who are just flying stil

Best answers
Pick someone who transforms. You won't use up ki while flying, and you'll have more.

Best answers
I hate when you get gang banged by 3 melee'ers. It just sucks hard core... I wish there was this move anyone can use that uses ALOT of ki and like just BLASTS anyone around you really far away, like they cant stop it unless their PL is like 3x your own, or something like that would add to the new advanced melee. And I say only 1 time you can do it, when you most need it.

Best answers
Having a 3on1 is joy, at least you'll have some speed in your game if there are 3 people at your tail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TriKi28 said:
I hate when you get gang banged by 3 melee'ers. It just sucks hard core... I wish there was this move anyone can use that uses ALOT of ki and like just BLASTS anyone around you really far away, like they cant stop it unless their PL is like 3x your own, or something like that would add to the new advanced melee. And I say only 1 time you can do it, when you most need it.
now how exactly can u say it will add to the advanced melee if u dont know how it works :rolleyes:

Best answers
Basicly i just start to swoop holding attack and wait till im withing in 2 or 3 teleports of my opponent and usualy ill either hit him or b behind him and catch him off gaurd(ping permitting that is)
OR
Swoop twards an oponent and just b4 i reach him stop swooping and flying at the same time so that i drift tward the oponent at an increasing rate of altitude till ur either under or behind him/her. if ur on the ground by this point jump and teleport at them or swoop at them(providing ur in a position not too close to them) if theyv already started swooping turn and swoop 4 a nice hit in the back.

Droping out of flight is a great way to get a lil ki boost(just in case it dose lead to a head on) and if ur oponent dosnt have super human reflexes should work fine. dose 4 me
its all in your timing, reflexes, and depth preception (depth is a major key in this stratagy ;) )

:) And i agree with lynxy, 3 on 1 is a awsome way to improve game play and add a lil bit-o-spice. 1 on 1 can get daunting specialy if ur oponent dosent change his/her stratagy. Also its a great way to improve reflexes and skill. :)

Best answers
i suck but what i try to do is either teleport underneath them while they swoop at me and then i kick them or swoop in a circle and kick them heh......it....doesnt....work.....most....of the time............

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom