Defeating the Head-on style

Best answers
As we all know, head-on melee is growing in popularity with each passing day. What are your strategies to defeat it? I'm curious to know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1: throw it right back at em
2: beam
3: use any fraction of skill you have to get around them when they charge you
4: multiple variations on #3

yep

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swoop to the sides so they cant 'how' me, or if I don't feel like doing that I just how them back.

-UltraPerfectCell

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if they wont move and i am pic or frieza ill give em a lil lazer for some insentive and if they still dont move ill just dump out melee and beam them

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
winning in esf is called "not standing there for too long and letting the newbs attack you the way they do-ing"

Best answers
If they aren't moving at all? I just take Frieza and give them a laser, usually they come attacking, which they suck at because they never attack. Launching a beam will make them move too. If not Frieza, just side-hits, teleport-hits, little outmatch in speed.

Best answers
Ignore them and battle someone else. Then when they come to 2-1 fight, charge up a beam, turn off fly, and blast it into them and get a double-kill

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually people that sit back and how don't have much skill so I like to teleport close to them and keep doing it so that they can't swoop. Its a lot of fun and annoys the heck out of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't move and keep attack pressed.

thats all.

serious.. works as a charm.. (if someone does this to me I actually have to do real melee. lol.. thats been long. :D)

Best answers
LOOOOOOOL, Lynx is talking about, how to defeat HOWer! looooooool
Lynx is the biggest hower I know, loooooooooooooooool, and he talk about deafeat HOWer!!!!!!
Lynx, lern how to don´t HOW, and than you can talk anything about HOWer!

The only way you win fight vs good players is "HOW" and than you insult the other people that they HOW, loooooool!!!!!

Lynx....... the only thing you can do is HOW and combos, but combos can everybody I think and HOW too!

And please, do never talk anything bad about HOWer, because you are self the biggest HOWer that exist!!!!!!

PS: And you are very afraid of the Element X Fighters Clan !

(not from all, but from me, and from Son-Goku)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..... i assume u have beef with lynx do ya?

your entire post was a flame to lynx.... i expect lynx to come with a responce shortly that will put you in your place.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My personal technique on how to go against the waiting technique (won't say HOW, since Halorin denounced the term o_O): High sensitivity and going around your opponent's last minute attack and getting them from the side. If you don't prefer this sort of sensitivity, you can also stop your swoop, teleport to the side and hit the opponent from the side, as well.

Kreshi said:
LOOOOOOOL, Lynx is talking about, how to defeat HOWer! looooooool
Lynx is the biggest hower I know, loooooooooooooooool, and he talk about deafeat HOWer!!!!!!
Lynx, lern how to don´t HOW, and than you can talk anything about HOWer!

The only way you win fight vs good players is "HOW" and than you insult the other people that they HOW, loooooool!!!!!

Lynx....... the only thing you can do is HOW and combos, but combos can everybody I think and HOW too!

And please, do never talk anything bad about HOWer, because you are self the biggest HOWer that exist!!!!!!

PS: And you are very afraid of the Element X Fighters Clan !

(not from all, but from me, and from Son-Goku)
Kreshi, enjoy a :warning: warning :warning: for cornering out a particular person in a public discussion on the forums, and also for advertising your clan website.

The forums aren't a place for throwing negative comments on other ESF players. What happens in game servers is a different issue and please do not bring them to the forums again. I expect you will not repeat this.

*Edit*
(Lynx, do not respond to this, as I know you might have a strong tendancy to do so, as your doing so will only create a flame war on this thread.)

Best answers
falling instant block counters (yes they are possible to do) lasers, beams, HOW em back, side hits

and Darkling.. ur strategy got me killed =\ maybe i did it wrong

Best answers
@ Groovy and Lynx
Sorry........
@ all
I have bind 2 buttons with teleport, and so i can teleport very fast... my technik is teleporting very fast, and than swoop so fast an near to the enemy that he cant react, and so i kick him^^ It work also vs Lynx and Ray :laff:

Best answers
Listen up, n00b. As far as I know I do not "HOW" and since the term is destroyed by Halorin, don't use it. If grOOvy wouldn't of responded, I'd flame the living **** out of you, so be happy he did. Another thing, I do NOT fear any clan alive in ESF, and especially not yours. I believe I know you from Gamezone and GameCity, you and your "clanmate" liked to 2on1 me, and lost deeply, so please cut the crap. If your not satisfied, I'll have a clanmatch with your clan just to prove you your wrong, if you think that is needed.

Ask any person alive, I'm not a "headon" person. And if your going on about that again, I'll make a demo when I'm fighting your "clan" and tada, point proven.
-Lynx-

[Edit: Ugh and wtf is this about you teleporting? It's a miracle if you even move. And no, tele attacks barely have effect to me, except when I'm not playing with my mind on the game.]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me grabs popcorn

Lyxny, there's no point for you to respond. He doesn't deserve the honor of your time. Let n00bs be n00bs... simply said.

/me finishes popcors.. :cry:
*Joe, make me some more popcorn damnit!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Lynx is one of the best melee players in ESF. (And I have proof, I was getting beating of my life ;\ and still have a demo of lynx fighting)

And howing doesn`t exist it just the way you play.

Example: Camping in CS is also a way how you play the game.

Ontopic: Well I don`t really have a tatic I just play.

I don`t care if I win or lose, whats the big deal, it`s just a game.

And no I don`t suck. o_O

Edit: I just remembered I don`t have the movie any more cause I format my PC ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the point is if you do not move you waste less ki then when swooping.. so if you both start at max ki and he swoops while you stay you got a ki advantage.. this makes you hit him.

get ki. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom