DB live action movie

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
You shouldn't be so quick to judge. I agree that DBZ, in America, was aimed at 10-12 years olds. But, as you can see from the average age of the people who surf this forum, fans grow up. If a 12 year old started watching in 1990 he would be 24 today. It will probably be two or three years until the movie comes out, but you know what I mean. There will be, for every twelve year old boy, 3 twenty year old men who know about Dragon Ball Z so I'm pretty sure we'll get an adult movie. :)

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Just because somebody isn't from Japan or China doesn't mean that they wouldn't know how to fight..

Plus...look at the Matrix

Those guys probably didn't have much martial arts experience..and look what they pulled off.
That was back in 1999

Its now 2002, it could be 2004 or 2005 by the time it would be released. In terms of the visuals and fighting, I have no doubt that something wonderful could be pulled off....IF the budget was big enough.

If they have a big enough budget and the right director....it would have potential.

The live-action movie I'M worried about is the remake of Akira....
They're going to take one of, if not THE prime example of cel-animation and potentially destroy it.
Then again, it could be excellent

We'll just have to wait and see...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
Just because somebody isn't from Japan or China doesn't mean that they wouldn't know how to fight..

Plus...look at the Matrix

Those guys probably didn't have much martial arts experience..and look what they pulled off.
That was back in 1999

Its now 2002, it could be 2004 or 2005 by the time it would be released. In terms of the visuals and fighting, I have no doubt that something wonderful could be pulled off....IF the budget was big enough.

If they have a big enough budget and the right director....it would have potential.

The live-action movie I'M worried about is the remake of Akira....
They're going to take one of, if not THE prime example of cel-animation and potentially destroy it.
Then again, it could be excellent

We'll just have to wait and see...
it took the ppl in the Matrix 9 months to learn, but that was only about 2 parts with fighting like that.

Live action Akira? hmmmm i bet they ruin it

a live action cowboy bebop is being made too

Best answers
They better keep like KamehameHa stuff out of it, and like "final flash attack!", that would just be stupid....hopefully they would realize other people than just fans would go to see it, but I think they should have attacks like kamehamha in there, but just have him like screaming while he charges it up, so the fans know..."Hey...thats a kamehameha" or whatever, but the people who dont know jack about dbz think....hey that was quite a magnificent display of computer animation...or whatever some person would say... o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by resentment
They better keep like KamehameHa stuff out of it, and like "final flash attack!", that would just be stupid....hopefully they would realize other people than just fans would go to see it, but I think they should have attacks like kamehamha in there, but just have him like screaming while he charges it up, so the fans know..."Hey...thats a kamehameha" or whatever, but the people who dont know jack about dbz think....hey that was quite a magnificent display of computer animation...or whatever some person would say... o_o

i agree:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason it will suck is there are just so many things they could get wrong...

and i didnt think spiderman was going to be bad... cause i mean everyone knows spiderman i mean there is just no way they could of messed it up... i mean stan lee was on the set most of the time!!!!

Retired
Best answers
am I the only one that thinks it would be cool :) all computer animation (with real actors) going SSJ :) would be damn cool if you ask me

Best answers
Maybe if they sat there in like 5x6 foot rooms with a big screen watching characters charge up, watching it for like 5 hours a day, so they don't sit there and look dumb on the movie just like grunting and going ssj....what would be funny is if they farted on a scene while charging up, but they didnt edit it...heh....k...o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason it would suck is because the actors wouldn't look like the characters in the series... try to imagine Goku and Piccolo; EXACTLY, that would look like crap! And what about Gohan? In the series, there are about 5 (maybe more, maybe less) different ages in which you see Gohan. How the hell are they going to solve that problem? I think it's the worst idea ever...

Retired
Best answers
well think about this..it kinda a new SAGA. DBZ doesnt stop completely :) a new part is being added

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to end this all i think...

It will be a ok movie for fans (like us) it will suck to a non-dbz fan, it will be on at the movies for a month max, thats if it will be shown at all, and will be out on video (maybe dvd... a crap one with no extras) and will just end up anouther low-budget movie that was ok for a one-time showing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy style might be an ok idea. That Lifelike CGI footage is unbelievable. Maybe it would be better in the DBZ era, like the Freiza or Cell Saga. Even better if they use the actual Dubbed voice actors. Live action is the worst least profitable idea ever.

Best answers
a live action cowboy bebop wont be so bad

i just have this feelings in my bones that its going to suck

Spiderman isnt supposed to be able to shoot webs he had this little gizmo

hmm it could be like movie 14 not related to the series but the same ppl

/me thinks a monet

*gasp* lianardo decaprio as miri trunks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Banned
Banned
Best answers
They made the web shooters organic simply because it makes more sense that way..

I mean..c'mon..how would a 15 year old create an adhesive substance that not even the largest chemical companies could?

Best answers
maybe his spidey brain under stood the concept of the web and he made it that way

Best answers
Lol, his spidey brain hah, Im so glad they made his webbing organic, I completely agree with Chimpbot, because it just does make more sense heh.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
As an IGN Reporter said to Stan Lee, "Of course, people can believe a man gets spider powers, but they can't believe a man can be smart..."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Nameless Specter ]V[
maybe his spidey brain under stood the concept of the web and he made it that way
just shut up lol

and for anyone who said "final Fantasy style" ya all wrong, live action means useing actors, if it was not a live action film it would be done with animation just like all the other dbz movies...

silly :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom