Could Majin Vegeta Ascend to SSJ3?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AFAIK to reach SSJ3, a saiyan needs to train hard and be already achieved SSJ2. As we all know, Vegeta trained harder than Goku for those 7 years. When he became Majin and went SSJ2, he was equal to SSJ2 Goku. SSJ2 Goku was already able to ascend to SSJ3 by having about the same powerlevel as SSJ2 Majin Vegeta.

The question is: could Majin Vegeta have ascended to SSJ3 if he tried his best at that point like Goku did for the first time we seen it against Fat Buu?

I say no. But if he had been Majin for a longer time and had time to practice, he would have been able to do it.

Last edited:
Best answers
If he didn't kill himself to eradicate that balloon then he would have been able to...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's too bad that Vegeta had no idea about the existence of SSJ3 form. He could have tried to reach it against Majin Buu. That way Majin Buu would have been dead for sure.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who knows, maybe he could have done it. But not from Majin to ssj3. From normal ssj2 to ssj3.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always found the final battle with Buu rather anticlimactic tbh. I always thought that once Vegeta established his respect for Goku, and sustained that massive feat of standing up to Buu for as long and relentlessly as he did, that something should have snapped within him and he could reach ss3, and both he and Goku could team up with a newfound respect for each other, and eradicate Buu, without resorting to the usual cliche of spiritbomb the unbeatable opponent.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ3 was made a transformation from the heart wasn't it? Thats what I remember from the anime. Which it was from the anime so no telling.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who knows, maybe he could have done it. But not from Majin to ssj3.
Why? He was stronger while being Majin SSJ2 (not sure how strong he was after being revived).

It might be that you must be either on otherworld or super strong like Gotenks to achieve SSJ3 for the first time.

Last edited:
Best answers
Why? He was stronger while being Majin SSJ2 (not sure how strong he was after being revived).

It might be that you must be either on otherworld or super strong like Gotenks to achieve SSJ3 for the first time.
According to DBWiki, SSJ3 transformation doesn't require the emotional backup, it just requires the raw power and the skill to ascend a SSJ2 stage.
Ya, majin vegeta had the power, he could even have the emotional drive which is not really a prerequisite but still. But he didn't have any idea about the existence of SSJ3. If he would've been insulted by something gravely, something affecting his pride after being Majin Vegeta, if he had been defeated by Goku, he cud've reached SSJ3 for sure. Coz remember what he did after A-18 insulted him :p ?? "A true super saiyan would not have fallen.........perhaps there are still new plateaus for me to reach, far greater heights to which I must ascend...I will ascend..." ;)

Best answers
Well, Goku in ssj2 was stronger than Majin Vegeta ssj2, he was just playing with him. Also the revived Vegeta was stronger than Majin, even Goku said something like:"You're a lot stronger, even without a body to train with."
When Goku was in ssj2 Trunks said something like :"Wow, he is even stronger than my father" , so I guess Vegeta wasn't strong enough to reach ssj3.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always found the final battle with Buu rather anticlimactic tbh. I always thought that once Vegeta established his respect for Goku, and sustained that massive feat of standing up to Buu for as long and relentlessly as he did, that something should have snapped within him and he could reach ss3, and both he and Goku could team up with a newfound respect for each other, and eradicate Buu, without resorting to the usual cliche of spiritbomb the unbeatable opponent.
I dunno, I think if you look at it, Vegeta proved more by coming up with the plan, and being selfless by putting himself in jeopardy than he would have by the typical dbz story line of transforming and winning. I think the fight with buu was Vegetas defining moment, where he proved that he may not be the greatest fighter, but when he didnt let his pride get the better of him, he was far more clever than all the others.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Goku in ssj2 was stronger than Majin Vegeta ssj2, he was just playing with him. Also the revived Vegeta was stronger than Majin, even Goku said something like:"You're a lot stronger, even without a body to train with."
When Goku was in ssj2 Trunks said something like :"Wow, he is even stronger than my father" , so I guess Vegeta wasn't strong enough to reach ssj3.
The post that fails the most in this thread. No offence though, but your proofs aren't right.

Goku himself stated that himself and Vegeta were about equal (not stating that he's stronger).
Trunks said, that Goku is almost as strong as Vegeta.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
In the end of the Buu saga Goku ended up being stronger than Vegeta. I remember Goku telling Vegeta that the SSJ3 transformation was a technique he learned on another planet.

Best answers
The post that fails the most in this thread. No offence though, but your proofs aren't right.

Goku himself stated that himself and Vegeta were about equal (not stating that he's stronger).
Trunks said, that Goku is almost as strong as Vegeta.
No dude. Watch the episode again and you'll see what Trunks said.
And any1 can tell that Goku in ssj2 was stronger than Majin Vegeta.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought that Vegeta used that majin thing to obtain more power(to get ssj2 through majin because he wasn't powerful enough) in order to defeat Goku.
And Goku was stronger because he trained more than him :-/

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Goku trained by punching the air with weight sacks on his legs and arms. He didn't even try to move when he had more sacks on. He just went ssj1 and started owning the air -_-
Vegeta trained in 450g till his bones literally started to crack. He was barely able to walk after is training (more like self torture) sessions.
Goku and Vegeta had the same (or almost the same) powerlevel when they fought and that is why Vegeta had to come up with a cheap shot to knock Goku out, cos if they would have continued none of them would have won and they would have just ended up exhausted and with no more energy to spare.
Goku was stronger then Vegeta when he went ssj3 form and for very little time. But ever since from the beginning Vegeta was either stronger or as strong as Goku in the same forms. Goku did need help from Krillin, Gohan and his Kaioken tehnique to beat Vegeta the first time.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the end of the Buu saga Goku ended up being stronger than Vegeta. I remember Goku telling Vegeta that the SSJ3 transformation was a technique he learned on another planet.
We are talking about SSJ2 Majin Vegeta who fought SSJ2 Goku, not about SSJ2 Vegeta who fought Kid Buu along with SSJ3 Goku.
No dude. Watch the episode again and you'll see what Trunks said.
Please read the manga. Thanks.
Yep, Goku SSJ2 was stronger than Majin Vegeta SSJ2, because he had more energy and could transform to SSJ3.
What about the thing that Vegeta didn't know about the existence of SSJ3 form and couldn't try it himself?
You give no arguments at all, you just say your opinion which noone cares about.
I always thought that Vegeta used that majin thing to obtain more power(to get ssj2 through majin because he wasn't powerful enough) in order to defeat Goku.
And Goku was stronger because he trained more than him :-/
SSJ2 Majin Vegeta is stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta of that time, thus equal to SSJ2 Goku. It's clear that Vegeta was able to ascend to SSJ2 before becoming Majin. You just need to read manga and you'll be sure.
And no, Vegeta trained more than Goku (both Vegeta and Goku agreed with that).
Goku trained by punching the air with weight sacks on his legs and arms. He didn't even try to move when he had more sacks on. He just went ssj1 and started owning the air -_-
Noone actually knows how Goku trained in the afterlife for those long 7 years. He stated himself that he met a lot of strong fighters there, that's why he's so strong. It only showed Goku punching air with some weights on him for a second and I'm not sure if it's even canon.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ2 Majin Vegeta is stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta of that time, thus equal to SSJ2 Goku. It's clear that Vegeta was able to ascend to SSJ2 before becoming Majin.
I agree on that.

And no, Vegeta trained more than Goku (both Vegeta and Goku agreed with that).
I wanted to say that Goku trained more/in a different way than Vegeta in order to go ssj3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom