bug with the custom model selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Force Pit Member
Best answers
alright i set up a custom model for vegeta based on what was written on pcjoe journal and it worked fine. i saw the model on the the custom model selection and i could select it and it spawned with that model. but after i selected it when i pressed c again and tryed using the vegeta model again it spawned vegeta again with the custom model instead of the default one i choose so it keeped spawning the custom model for vegeta no matter what i choose only thing which made me see the default vegeta was restarting the server.
if it matters the custom model was GG&Kama brolly for 1.2 i tryed using it as a custom model for vegeta.
i dunno if its a bug or u just didnt finished implementing that system yet but i hope this topic helps :yes:.
edit:just a little pic to show the custom model selection menu i had.

edit2:when am i gonna get my cookie from Phil!???? :(

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a bug, and it helps a lot, but please edit your post and use periods. It's really hard to read atm.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
alright i edited the post...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
cool
i also added a pic of the custom model selection menu i had just for show XD

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's hot, I'm pretty happy I implemented custom model support now :) hehe.

Meh.. I just ran the open beta, it doesn't even include the updated data for the character select. It's all of the temp data that was there originally. In the next build it should all be fixed.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how did you get that menu I don't have it

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new character select only works if you're playing in 1024x768 or over.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
thats the default class selection menu for 1.3 open beta.
as for the custom model selection read pcjoe dev journal and you will understand how to add custom models

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. If you're under 1024x768, there just isn't enough screen space to display all of the new information so it reverts back to the old VGUI character select.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How exactly did you create the info.xml file? :x I'm having trouble with that part

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i just copyed what was written in pcjoe journal and edited it to fit for my usage ;)
edit:here is a part of what was written in his journal
With the new custom model system, you can download multiple models while keeping your original in tact. The procedure is fairly simple. ESF Beta 1.3 will have a new folder called ?custom? in the models/player directory. Inside of this directory, you can create a new folder with the name with the class of the model you want to replace. If you want to make a goku replacement, you would create a ?goku? folder. Inside of this folder, you make a new folder for your custom model. The name of the folder should be fairly simple, as it will not be the name displayed in the vgui. For the sake of simplicity, lets name this folder ?brolly?. Now we?re at models/player/custom/goku/brolly. At this point, you create a info.xml file defining the name of your custom model, and what models of the original player you?re replacing. The custom models will also be placed in this directory. Here?s an example of an info.xml file

<custom name="Brolly">
<replace original="goku" replace="brolly"/>
<replace original="ssjgoku" replace="brollyssj"/>
</custom>

In this case, Goku?s normal and ssj model will be replaced with brolly ssj models. Goku?s ssj2 and ssj3 models will remain unchanged. The brolly directory contains a total of 3 files
info.xml
brolly.mdl
brollyssj.mdl

And that?s it for making custom models; the code will automatically traverse through the directories and precache all custom models. The classes custom models will be viewable when looking at that classes information, and you can preview the custom model by selecting on it. If you keep the custom model selected and click on the character title on the left, it will apply the selection and use that custom model.
what i highlighted is an example of what u need to write in the xml file just edit it to fit for the character your using
edit2:if u meant how to make an xml file i just made a txt file put the required text saved it and then i changed the name of the file from info.txt to info.xml.

Best answers
No. If you're under 1024x768, there just isn't enough screen space to display all of the new information so it reverts back to the old VGUI character select.
Is that bit going to be fixed up so everyone can see the new custom char select screen?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so in the final version will it work on 800x600 even lower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom