BTL - Fat Buu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I think on his pants, for the crotch area, you should pull it down a bit more.
I know you know that his chest is too high up, but you're going to put his cape there. However, I still think that on the front view, you should pull down the middle part of the upper chest down, because Buu's cape comes around his shoulders and a bit down on his chest

Best answers
Growler said:
I would never want your help ;)
I take help from experienced modelers
that doesnt make you any better than him you know. he was trying to make clear up differnces you n him had and start off fresh by offering you help.

and on the model you seem to be missing something. fine you can keep that much polies if you want but its not going to be really visible ingame i tell you. same goes for the arms, you really do not need that much. every vert should be places so that you can see definition. this is not the case with the arms..plus his boobies look sharp in the side view :p

looking forward to seeing more but can i see a closeup on his face?

Best answers
i hope you finish this one caus i haven't seen much finishe models from you =p.anyway,you didn't follow the ref in the waist area,might wanna fix that.looks alright,but i wonder;do you still use gmax?cause you can't export it to any format that will let you import it in ms3d.and if you change to 3dsmax you would have alot better render to =D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Last time you took help from experienced modelers, you got pissed off for no reason. Like the time of Garry's Mod forum... for example your Golden Eye model.

Plus, the experienced modelers we have here at our forums are inactive, so you're not going to get much help except for a few.

Anyways, the model looks great. Indeed finish the model and use it for BTL. I'm sure Buu likes sandwitches right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
i hope you finish this one caus i haven't seen much finishe models from you =p.anyway,you didn't follow the ref in the waist area,might wanna fix that.looks alright,but i wonder;do you still use gmax?cause you can't export it to any format that will let you import it in ms3d.and if you change to 3dsmax you would have alot better render to =D.
Oh he'll finish it. He's....well...sort of required >.>

As for max, I hooked him up with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
i hope you finish this one caus i haven't seen much finishe models from you =p
You're right. Come to think of it, what happened to the Future Trunks you were working on?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
to be perfectly honest, judging from past and current work by both of you, your in no position to be saying that to anybody >_>.

its comments like that that make me ashamed to be in the same development team as you =\

now for the Nuttz's "experienced" criticism, encompassing mostly your use of polygons,

look at him from the front. its almost a checkerboard pattern, the edges themselves really only shape the model from the side view and ignore the models frontal appearance completely.

you need to round those out as well, give him more of a ( shape instead of a | shape on those vertical edges on the round areas, (chest and stomach)

also, youve spent wayyy too many triangles on a face as undetailed as buu's, im not gonna say to delete it all and start over, but collapse a few rows of edges to get it down to a reasonable level and start from there.

ill have more crits ready for your next update =P,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
one question... is there a way to export smd´s from gmax? if not why you model then for btl ?

nway the model truelly sucks, the mesh flow doesnt match buu at all... it just look freakn wierd everything youve done... i would suggest you redoing from the beginning and maybe start with the head and you´re only finished when the whole" head" looks like buu. then may start to continue with the body... truelly i see no buu in it. Also the poly wwastage is ubber...
Well Nuttzy, It's comments like these (comming from someone who only models Sora) that makes me throw hissy fittys, sawry... It's just he reminds me soo much of TRSS.

@Dj, that was like... oh um, 5 months ago? They didn't just give me constructive crits anyway, they bashed my model to pieces saying it resembled an *******. Know the story before posting, kthx.

@Raven, oh ya, I'll finish that up.

@Reck-
His boobies look sharp because I... Removed many polies, compare the first and the 2nd shots, you'll see. They aren't sharp though when smooth shaded, you won't be able to tell in game.

Overall, I guess I am just gonna remove more rows of polygons and work with what I have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_< i dont model only soras ***** you just did get on some way pissed of from me and now you act like a wanna be better. Take ur advices from some more expiered modlers it makes me save more time for my own things instead of helping someone who doesnt get **** in his mind. Ya like to have a war or something similar with me? k thanks no problem. I got nothing against it to have a ****ty contact with someone who cant help hisself and always does something unfinished and then just leave it. you ever heard that its bad to leave something unfinished huh?

*now growler didnt get what i mean and says that my english sucks*

man your model got loads of poly wastages.. i dont degree if anybody says that you would be able to work on with it in this mesh but you could do better if you start from the beginning on to make the mesh right ... you post loads of wips here and for any reason you dont show em us finished , why that?

lemme gues first you model the character, then you see that it sucks and you see some other ref and say: hey man i want to do this... and leave the other mesh behind.

its kinda shame for me to talk to such a person, and now you got it man,gratz. also i promise never to post in ur threads or even have a talk with you.

edit:
i just noticed that you got a 5 poly on the tail of the head... tss

Best answers
still, you got wrong polies in the wrong places. his boobies sharp? okay then fix it, put in 1 cut and you're done. but if you say you wont be able to see a sharp boobie ingame then there is absoloutely no need for that many polies for buus body. im guessing you have 20 colums of polies? i extremely doubt thiese would be of any use and would not look as if he had any detail.

and therse nothing wrong with trss, you should look at some of his newer models, they are quite decent. start off with a clean slate dude, drop everything and take advice from those who give them to you. dont be insulted or anything, modellings an art, some people get good at it real quick, some people take some time to catch on, but if you dont accept the community you're not going anywhere fast soon.

Best answers
Looking at this reference,

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fatbuu35tj.jpg

You have alot of polygons and verts and a pretty stable structure. Try and make the vertices work for you more. the "form" of the overall piece is poor which is why the model is not coming over as you may want it too.

Its cool though, keep plugging :-D :-D :-D

@ the rant going on, take it elsewhere dudes otherwise you wnt get to see more Buu updates heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
1) <_< i dont model only soras *****

2) you post loads of wips here and for any reason you dont show em us finished , why that?

3) lemme gues first you model the character, then you see that it sucks and you see some other ref and say: hey man i want to do this... and leave the other mesh behind.

4) its kinda shame for me to talk to such a person, and now you got it man,gratz. also i promise never to post in ur threads or even have a talk with you.
1) That's like all I see from you

2) I get bored with modeling something and I move on... It's called A.D.D

3) I don't see that it sucks, as others don't either. My comment was just sarcastic towards yours (idk if they have sarcasm in whatever language you speak)

4) Thank you for that promise.

And Reck... I don't need any lessons from you. You might notice this... you might not. But, observe how I respond to decent crits, and then observe how I respond to "your model plainly sucks", especially from nubs themselves... Take a look, and then make a conclusion. Or, I can make one for you... I take constructive criticism well, I take bull**** not so well... Now I know you're a cool guy so I'll just leave it at that. Thanks

Request closure -

Best answers
that was far from gracefull, and you are getting real ****y for someone with your skill.

The shoulders have 0 structure and are gonna deform like **** as they are now.

The waist needs to be pulled up, and the gloves have no shape sofar.

This isnt perfect by any means but it would improve on what you have sofar imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile said:
that was far from gracefull, and you are getting real ****y for someone with your skill.

The shoulders have 0 structure and are gonna deform like **** as they are now.

The waist needs to be pulled up, and the gloves have no shape sofar.

This isnt perfect by any means but it would improve on what you have sofar imo.
I thought it was pretty apparent that the gloves were not even worked on yet. I guess when I post I need to write out each thing that hasn't been touched. The arms atm are just placeholders... The waist is fine, the reference is a bit off so I just went with the side ref. Nice drawover though.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Request closure -
wish granted, in actuality i was pondering closing this anyways >_>

if you wish to re-open it at a later time pm me,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom