BTL - Fat Buu

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Started Tonight - Thanks to Skiwan for the GEORGOUS REF!
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
610
Best answers
0
Looks like a decent start but i seriously doubt you need that many polies to make him look round..
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
one question... is there a way to export smd´s from gmax? if not why you model then for btl ?

nway the model truelly sucks, the mesh flow doesnt match buu at all... it just look freakn wierd everything youve done... i would suggest you redoing from the beginning and maybe start with the head and you´re only finished when the whole" head" looks like buu. then may start to continue with the body... truelly i see no buu in it. Also the poly wwastage is ubber...
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
1,390
Best answers
0
i dont wanna be mean but it just looks like 4 spheres :/
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2003
Messages
961
Best answers
0
Tryforce said:
one question... is there a way to export smd´s from gmax? if not why you model then for btl ?
he just exports it as a 3ds file puts it in milkshape, its not that hard. Only cuz a modeller picks to use a engine that dont export the right type there is always plugins or 3rd party programs to export it so he can work with any mod he wants.

ontopic: i think ur buu has boobies maybe srighting out the body so it dont curve it would get rid of ur man boobies.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
TryForce said:
truelly i see no buu in it
I don't know how you can say that, he followed the ref pretty damn accurately and the side view already looks like Fat Buu. When the shoulders are added i'm sure the front view will too.

I'd also like to state at this point that comments like 'the model truly sucks, this sucks, that sucks, the whole thing sucks, start again' are not helpful. Crits are fine as long as they're constructive.
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
well in my opinion he didnt followed the ref right.. look at the hip.
also the poly wastage... when i look at the 3/4 view i see a bad mesh flow at the legs.. make the legs(the white thing) more round...also i know you´ve learned the way how to do faces for realistic people or however you want to call it.. use it here now <_< the face looks strange too...man the belly need edge loops too.

is that what you wanted to hear rave?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
1,390
Best answers
0
Dont reply rave, i feel a warning or a flamewar coming.
he doesnt seem to have a pelvis, it just goes from belt to legs
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
3,974
Best answers
0
its coming along ok. sort out all those weird polies around the shoulder area and you should be ok. try lifting the belt a little, cos his pants look like they are stuck on out of no where right now, rather than actually joining under the belt.

keep it up =]
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
367
Best answers
0
Also, alot of people now model in quads, however dont forget to turn the tris within the quads for better deformation and flow.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
1,390
Best answers
0
ray_1301 said:
Also, alot of people now model in quads, however dont forget to turn the tris within the quads for better deformation and flow.
huh?

Btw growler is your start thingy kanji o_O?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
TryForce said:
well in my opinion he didnt followed the ref right.. look at the hip.
also the poly wastage... when i look at the 3/4 view i see a bad mesh flow at the legs.. make the legs(the white thing) more round...also i know you´ve learned the way how to do faces for realistic people or however you want to call it.. use it here now <_< the face looks strange too...man the belly need edge loops too.

is that what you wanted to hear rave?
Actually yes. That was a lot more helpful and constructive, TryForce.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Mad_AxMan said:
its coming along ok. sort out all those weird polies around the shoulder area and you should be ok. try lifting the belt a little, cos his pants look like they are stuck on out of no where right now, rather than actually joining under the belt.

keep it up =]
Thanks, but I think I am going to start over. I seem to over poly my models with this new box modeling technique. Expect an update tonight.
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
good choice man, if ya want help from me contact me on msn ;)
gotta wait for ur update
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Tryforce said:
good choice man, if ya want help from me contact me on msn ;)
gotta wait for ur update
I would never want your help ;)
I take help from experienced modelers
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
I don't see what everyone's problem is. I think it is a very nice-looking model. It looks very accurate so far and I think Growler is doing an excellent job.

But hey...if people think it sucks.....lets see them make something better, right Growly-man?
 
The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
Agreed, personally, i think it really represents Buu. He needs a crotch but it looks good to me.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
3,974
Best answers
0
yeah, theres no need to start over. it looks perfectly workable from here. youve got a good base, now build from it :)
 

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,763
Best answers
0
I'd say remove all those excess vertical strips. Otherwise, good start.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top