Better visual difference between levels

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In ESF 1.2.3, when someone transformed to SSJ3, he/she wasn't really intimidating because it was just a model change and some sparks.

In the series when goku transformed to SSJ3, basicly every fighter on the earth could sense him, feeling his power.
Do you think it would be nice to add some kind of UI feature which makes you think twice before attacking him ?

Eg. when you look at a SSJ3 character (or other higher levels) it will make your screen shake a tiny bit, or perhaps a tiny blur.

I just like to see some difference in the way different levels are handled, not in power, but visually.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.2.3 didn't have any SSJ3 transformation.

That said, adding stuff like blur and shaking of the screen everytime I watch someone who is SSJ3, would probably annoy the hell out of me after some time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea i kind of like the idea.. but maybe instead of shaking the screen blur out every other player with DoF and sharpen out the transformed one.. something of that sort

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone transforms to SSJ3 = a sign for me to attack the dope ^^

Dutch you should know how little PL means in ESF.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me, you don't want tons of screen shaking. It looks bad when used in excess. Even with Dalte's skills. It's better to rely on flash FX and not things that are horridly disorienting.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not talking about major blurring or shaking for 10 seconds, I'm talking about small, subtle changes. Maybe even a heartbeat sound or a small red frame surrounding the GUI which fades in and out quickly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about major blurring or shaking for 10 seconds, I'm talking about small, subtle changes. Maybe even a heartbeat sound or a small red frame surrounding the GUI which fades in and out quickly.
Meh... Doesn't sound all that good to me. I prefer it just made a big flash or something :)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this idea could be transformed into a better idea.

Like some Goku finally reaches SSJ3 and has incredibly high PL. It would shake players' screen a bit, making them notice that someone has reached that incredible level of power. However if your PL is high enough, it shouldn't disturb your gameplay (why would I care if someone reached SSJ3 if my PL is still 10 times higher?).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeh I agree totally.. would be a great idea.
but it shouldnt happen only with ss3 it should happen with everyone that transforms and gets a way higher powerlevel then other players!
and it sux that PL has so less power in the game :(
a normal form frieza can defeat a super saiyan 3 goku:( it sux... it should at least be almost impossible for him

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a normal form frieza can defeat a super saiyan 3 goku:( it sux... it should at least be almost impossible for him
It's all about experience and skill. While with lower PL you deal less and take more damage, you can still fight back if you know how to play. That's how it's done and that's what the best way is creating such game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but it shouldnt happen only with ss3 it should happen with everyone that transforms and gets a way higher powerlevel then other players!

If we make it impossible, then that would mean the gameplay gets thrown out the window in favor of show accuracy. And thats something we will never do. Even if someone joins 1 hour after the rest of the people in the server, he still has a chance to fight them. Take that out and the game becomes a lot less fun.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meaning that everyone would chose buu in the server to become kidbuu asap. and therefore almost impossible to be beaten by anyone, in other words we could prolly throw out everyone but Buu so we got only Buu's on the server right ?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ye that would be lame come to think of it can you imaging renaming the game to Buu's Special Forces

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why bother jsut take kidbuu and keep throwing deathballs and obliterate the whole map

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is that a hint at destructable enviroments raven

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like hLev's addition to the idea.
Perhaps if this feature doens't make the game, we could try to create a Amxx plugin which does that.

And remember I'm not just talking about the SSJ3 form, I'm talking about a significant difference of levels.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the thing is. With the whole PL catchup 2 that only raises your PL closer to the servers average, and the fact that transformations no longer multiply your PL, but rather add a certain amount of it the PL differences wont really be THAT big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom