Beta Testing Reinforcements

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It usually doesn't matter how many beta testers you have, it's a matter of finding the bugs and the time it takes to fix them.

Edit

I almost forgot: Congratulations to the select three, you guys deserve being beta testers, so go out and have fun.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
I didnt read almost anything but if they are 1000 beta testers they will finish the game sooner or as slown as it is ?
It's not slow, you just don't notice what the development speed is of v1.3. But to your question, it would speed it up a little bit, yes. But remember, the testers are just here to test current and new features for bugs, problems, etc. The progress of the modification itself how ever, all depends on the team. Just the testing speeds up the progress :).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1.So you cant Fx Skyrider be a beta tester? or someone else its an special case how you can recruit beta tester if they have 800000 posts you put them beta testers??? please explain!!!!!!!!!
2.Its good if esf 1.3 gose with speed now and good luck for beta testers! grega shinoji sub and who is betatester

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm rather confused by your question on this one, i am a beta tester. But could you please repeat it still?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
Really skyrider? All the inactive team members get kicked? Yet david said he doesnt attend the meetings anymore and hes still on. Good point.

There are 2 meetings, beta testers and developers. I rarely miss the developers, and scince i got promoted from beta tester to developer, i see no reason to attend the beta tester meetings after seeing how they work and knowing that they're doing a good job.

You really dont know ****, all you are is somebody good at the current game, you havent a clue how we work on 1.3, you havent a clue what is required of beta testers and you just havent got any concept of online trust.

Where are these pro players with such a good record of trust, that us the team know we can allow people to have and not spread it around? Sorry but thats a very big factor you're ignoring. Most "pro's" get involved in little groups of fanboyism, this means when they get something new, they're much more likely to spread it around to all their esf pals, plus track record for pro's in the community havent really been so good, they're the ones who prefer to provoke than settle, like to ignore others opinions and disaprove of anyone elses than their own. Its hard to work with people like that, its retro active most of the time.

Your theory that pro's would be the most efficient testers in practicality is wrong, if you ever looked at mantis, 90% of the bugs found werent/arent by pro players, nor did the ammount of skill have any reflection upon the amount of bugs they found.

Now lets just get back to welcoming new testers, congrats guys, you've been a big help in the community and you'll make a good addition to the beta testing team.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Navanax said:
Ladies and gentlemen,

our team of beta testers has just been expanded. Let's have 3 cheers for:

Grega
Shiyojin Rommyu
FF|Skyrider

Welcome aboard!
Let's just say, if I was still head tester there would be burning bumholes by now. Navanax is not as nice as me, good luck guys, muahahaha.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You do realise Magus, we have a lot of talking to do. You barely talk to me! >_<.... wait, in fact.. we never talk.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
O ok Fx Skyrider !! a question if they are 1000 testers why dont you open THE BUGS SECTION BECAUSE NORMAL users has to see whats going on!!!!!!!!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
First, It's FF|Skyrider / Skyrider or Sky for that matter. Secondly, Pain already said the Bug Section should be in public view, and for some reason it's not. And there are about 25 testers (or way less). As far as i know, The Bug Section also known as Mantis will be Public view later on.

Also, i hope the leet Beta Testers / team members get a Teamspeak channel to voice spam in. Would be sweet.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok thanks SKI ! but what about the game you can tell us no no!! or one QUESTION !!! in PREMIERE
" IS IT OR NOT the new meleee system in esf 1.3 RIGHT now in the curent version that you test it " yes or no SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andrey, please don't ask us for 1.3 information. We are not allowed to tell you, and it will just get you into trouble. o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Andrey, please don't ask us for 1.3 information. We are not allowed to tell you, and it will just get you into trouble. o:
/me pats Shiyo on the head.
Good tester.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm afraid Shiyojin is right, we are not allowed to talk about anything v1.3 content related. Besides the documental pages of course. And all the info that has been released so far for that matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
Can I be a tester :-S
Invite-only position. Sorry.
Now enough of this, back on topic.

Congrats to the new testers (again) \o/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Andrey, Testers are chosen by the team. You should not ask for it yourself, if you do ask a lot how ever you will never get chosen. But school time is over, catch you all later. And pain, team speak? l33t? :p.. I'm wanting to let you hear my voice.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok if you dont need me ok but dont cry if I refuse in other time :)

Best answers
I don't think u really want pro's to play beta 1.3, seeing as the pros want basic melee and the newcomers want adv melee. If the team wanted the real competitive play to begin with, they would've chosen the pro's that play every single day, however they did not.

I just hope they'll release the source code of 1.2.3...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Let's just say, if I was still head tester there would be burning bumholes by now. Navanax is not as nice as me, good luck guys, muahahaha.
What the hell? XD

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
I'm sorry, but I feel that the requirements for being a Beta tester should be changed. I feel that its useless to put people who arent increadibly skilled in ESF as a beta tester for ESF, due to the fact that if you arent a top notch player, then you dont know what your really doing. Sure some of these new beta testers may know the basics of the game, but can they execute a tele side hit? Probably not. Now some of you may say "so what just cuz they cant do that doesnt mean they shouldnt beta test". Well, actually it should mean that they cant, because at some point of every version of ESF, players have amounted to stages in skill that the beta testers never got around to when testing the game. So lets say none of the beta testers could do that, and there was a bug in ESF where if you tele side hit, it would maybe not register. Well since our testers werent skilled in the game they didnt ever get a chance to try it out in the testing sessions, so the bugs end up being revealed after the versions been released causing the players more problems. I bet 50% of you dont know that if you do short (and i mean short) drifts backwards over, and over again. That they dont register for most people after between the 3rd and 5th. Not a lot of people know that, why? because not everyone is at the skill level where they would do short drifts backwards from enemies in fights in order to gain positioning over their enemies.And its not just me that gets this problem, because ive asked other players that are awsome at drifting (been doing it since 1.1) and even they get the bugs.

The point of this is that I feel that truley skilled players should be beta testers, and I dont agree with the people picked. Srry, thats just my opinion.
Ok, thats not technically true, I happen to be one of the best players in the world, (may seem arrogant, but its true.), And other players, that i would consider.. "lower skilled" than me, have found bugs that i have overlooked, infact, there have been many cases where a lower skilled player, has found exploits & bugs all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom