👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Sub said:
Congrats. If 1.3 has any bugs in it, I'm blaiming you three. =D
who else should be held responsible for possible bugs in 1.3 if not the testers? XD
The team? Clearly not :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still holding you three and only you three responsible. Don't let me down!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I'm still holding you three and only you three responsible. Don't let me down!
Well in that case. You got it SIR. Well do our bets :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Sub's pretty much right. I have assumed 1.3 has been perfect now. If it is NOT, then logically the blame falls on you three, even the things that are made up.

No pressure :X

Best answers
I'm sorry, but I feel that the requirements for being a Beta tester should be changed. I feel that its useless to put people who arent increadibly skilled in ESF as a beta tester for ESF, due to the fact that if you arent a top notch player, then you dont know what your really doing. Sure some of these new beta testers may know the basics of the game, but can they execute a tele side hit? Probably not. Now some of you may say "so what just cuz they cant do that doesnt mean they shouldnt beta test". Well, actually it should mean that they cant, because at some point of every version of ESF, players have amounted to stages in skill that the beta testers never got around to when testing the game. So lets say none of the beta testers could do that, and there was a bug in ESF where if you tele side hit, it would maybe not register. Well since our testers werent skilled in the game they didnt ever get a chance to try it out in the testing sessions, so the bugs end up being revealed after the versions been released causing the players more problems. I bet 50% of you dont know that if you do short (and i mean short) drifts backwards over, and over again. That they dont register for most people after between the 3rd and 5th. Not a lot of people know that, why? because not everyone is at the skill level where they would do short drifts backwards from enemies in fights in order to gain positioning over their enemies.And its not just me that gets this problem, because ive asked other players that are awsome at drifting (been doing it since 1.1) and even they get the bugs.

The point of this is that I feel that truley skilled players should be beta testers, and I dont agree with the people picked. Srry, thats just my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
congrats everyone

now you can all be part of my evil scheme.

that evil scheme... to bake the worlds largest pie.

:0

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you played grega....?

Its called a demographic. If you hadnt noticed, we've had Sarutobi on the testing team in contrast to Scruff who never really had much esf experience. There are a number of good players on the beta tester team as well as not so good, exploit finding and gameplay holes are quite easily found within the group we have.

Best answers
Yes, I have played Grega, and I dont feel like openly insulting anyone on these forums, so im not gonna say anything about their personal skill besides what I said. Testers should be top notch players, and in testing demographically isnt the best way to go. You should test with Great players, because theres no point to having people with No/little ESF experience on the team, when you could have people with great ESF experience, and if anything do better at testing, since in my opinion the lesser experienced testers only hold back testing. I would rather have 2 good players test a game, then 4 newb players test a game. Why? Because fights between Newbs, and pro's are different. New players tend to repeat the same moves over and over again. While skilled ones find ways around their enemies tactics, which in term is the way they stumble upon bugs. Have you ever watched 2 newbs fight in ESF? It consist's of the same thing, they swoop head on using Adv mellee, and then break off after their combo's only to swoop back into each other right after they break off. Its repetative. ESF 1.2 didnt start out being a game that incorperated beams as much in their fights as they do now, and who do we have to thank for the advancements in fighting? Draylock, Saru, and other GOOD players who went around pushing the game to its limits in order to master it, and find new tactics to use that worked well. If you put a pro against newbs, hes just gonna do simple things to beat them over and over again, he will have no reason to push himself or the mod to win, because hes already better. So therefore the testers that arent top notch shouldnt be allowed to test imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, in your opinion, you think the testers only go at eachother and do repetetive things?

They play doing different stuff, hence, testing all the new stuff.

Plus, IMO, testing isnt just based on skill. They want friendly, and trust-worthy people on the team. If you just get the best players in ESF, one of them might just start giving out 1.3.

I think, anyways :S

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Draylock and sarutobi have both been on the testing team.

You do realise not every server is full of pro's dont you? you have to remember it works both ways. You also have to remember that a lot of beta testing is finding crashes, holes in maps, abnomilies, tedious things that players (if you've ever been in an actual test session you'd understand) overlook, because they're too busy fighting sometimes. See whilst testing, you arent testing to see wether its good for all pro's or all noobs, but wether it works in a pub, later on when we've refined the build, the best players would play it between each other. At the moment, i think the range of skill in players on the beta team is pretty good, also many have been with the mod for a while, and listen to people who come to the forum and have rants about this and that. So they feel obligied to do the best they can.

oh and remember, when testing testers are told what's been put in the new build, its not like downloading the beta and learning yourself all the ins and outs of the game, things are coded step by step, and so steady reliable progress is made. It also makes it much easier to test and fix

Best answers
I'm saying that eventually ESF will evolve like it has in every version to have a different fighting style than expected, and having pro's would help the team build ESF towards that evolution, and make it so that once the general players reach that stage of fighting, there wont be as many bugs, sure there are things that crash servers, and not all of the testing is fighting over and over again, but lets face it. What can a newb do that a pro cant? Nothing, so if anything, he can do less. So why have them there? And if anything its the pro's that would keep it most secret because pro's in ESF are always looking towards ESF's best interest, and they look at the long run, while the newer ones look for what would be "kool" if added. Pro's know that ESF isnt about its models, or its animations or anything. We play it because of the fighting in the game, and the competativeness. I personally stopped liking Dragon Ball Z a LONG time ago, and am somewhat ashamed to say that I enjoy playing this game sometimes, because when people hear DBZ, they immediatley think its dumb, but once they actually play and appreciate it. then they realize what a good game it is. Pro's understand that and want to improve the game, not to make it more like DBZ, but to make it a better game overall. And thats why pro testers are better. Bottom line is, theres nothing that newbs can do that pro's cant do, and if anything theres certain things newbs cant do that pro's can. So why keep them around as testers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright.

Did you not read Davidskiwan's post?

(this is going on as an assumption when I was beta tester for a crappy mod before and davidskiwan's post)

The things are coded once at a time, and then given to test. So, the testers, crappy at esf or not, test that certain thing out. They are told how to do it. And they do it repeatively to see if they can find any bugs. it's not like they code to whole 1.3 game and tell them mess with everything they can find.

Davidskiwan said:
oh and remember, when testing testers are told what's been put in the new build, its not like downloading the beta and learning yourself all the ins and outs of the game, things are coded step by step, and so steady reliable progress is made. It also makes it much easier to test and fix
read that little bit.

so in the long run, it doesn't matter if you are good or not.

plus, i guarentee you there are no 'newbs' on the ESF team. chances are the ESF team doesnt go in random servers and tell people they've been randomly selected for 1.3 beta testing.

Best answers
Kaination said:
plus, i guarentee you there are no 'newbs' on the ESF team.
No offense Kain, but when was the last time you, or anyone in this thread actually played ESF? Now if it was sometime recently, ask yourself, When was the last time you were good at ESF? Because I play ESF a lot, and i never see anyone from the forums in real servers playing and ACTUALLY doing well. Except for a select Few. David ive seen a couple times, but its nothing amazing. So dont make guarentee's like that. Especially when you havent played every single member on the testing team yourself, Either way. the point is testing will eventually reach the stage where general bugs are found when fighting in the game, and if that doesnt happen with ESF's testing team, then now I can understand why theres always so many patches. And some changes obviously need to be made. Pro's can test just as well if not better than newbs. thats the bottom line, be it something repetative to do over and over again, after being coded in. Or just generally messing around with the mod and seeing what it can do. Pro's do it more, better, and have better opinions for the mod as well. Which is what beta testers have a big influence on as well all know. If a beta tester gives out an idea, that the team likes, it has a bigger chance of being put in, than someone like myself. Even if I play the game more than him, and am better at it. And I dont think thats fair, cuz I dont want some nub ruining 1.3 like 1.2 was...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
Yes, I have played Grega, and I dont feel like openly insulting anyone on these forums, so im not gonna say anything about their personal skill besides what I said. Testers should be top notch players, and in testing demographically isnt the best way to go. You should test with Great players, because theres no point to having people with No/little ESF experience on the team, when you could have people with great ESF experience, and if anything do better at testing, since in my opinion the lesser experienced testers only hold back testing. I would rather have 2 good players test a game, then 4 newb players test a game. Why? Because fights between Newbs, and pro's are different. New players tend to repeat the same moves over and over again. While skilled ones find ways around their enemies tactics, which in term is the way they stumble upon bugs. Have you ever watched 2 newbs fight in ESF? It consist's of the same thing, they swoop head on using Adv mellee, and then break off after their combo's only to swoop back into each other right after they break off. Its repetative. ESF 1.2 didnt start out being a game that incorperated beams as much in their fights as they do now, and who do we have to thank for the advancements in fighting? Draylock, Saru, and other GOOD players who went around pushing the game to its limits in order to master it, and find new tactics to use that worked well. If you put a pro against newbs, hes just gonna do simple things to beat them over and over again, he will have no reason to push himself or the mod to win, because hes already better. So therefore the testers that arent top notch shouldnt be allowed to test imo.
Grega has been limited to 20fps on his old and craptacular pc :p, but he has a decent pc now :). Iv'e speced Grega a few times and personally have never found anythnig wrong with his skills or the way he plays.
Chang said:
No offense Kain, but when was the last time you, or anyone in this thread actually played ESF?
10mins ago, why do you ask?. I play esf on a regular bassis, or whenever I have some spare time on my hands to kill.

Best answers
I'd like to fight grega personally to see if this is true, and im willing to fight any of the 3 new recruits to prove my point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait a minute.

Chang Wufei said:
Yes, I have played Grega
Chang Wufei said:
I'd like to fight grega personally to see if this is true
didn't you already play him?

So you just said you've never played the recruits, so how do you know they arent pro? ;)

Best answers
I meant after the upgrade in PC obviously, since Overlord said he had recently gotten a PC upgrade which i did not know of. I figured it was common sense since my post was right after Overlords post of Grega's PC upgrade saying "id like to fight Grega myself to see if this is true"

I just want to fight Grega again, and the others are obviously noobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom