Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Best answers
I'm sure this was answered somewhere besides the first post... but the link there doesn't work... so...

Question: How do I fix Cannot Load Library C:\SIERRA\Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls\client.dll
Answer: ???

Best answers
i suggest u uninstall everything agen. RE install steam, then install 1.2 into steam it should just go straight into steam. and into your third party. then download 1.2.3 patch. as you will need the patches. to play in most servers.. i am having same problems as you but i just need to download 1.2.3 patch:) and im set .

Best answers
I have the 1.2.3 full install, meaning it has 1.2 plus the 1.2.3 patch. I'll try what you're saying though.

Best answers
still not working... I'll go try downloading the 1.2 and 1.2.3 patch instead of the 1.2.3 full install.

Also it won't allow me to install into steam, I have to install into Half-Life

Best answers
not working... I guess I'll wait and get it from a friend directly. It will work then. Thanks for the help though.

Best answers
i downloaded esf, and i tried installing it, but it said there was an error..
i downloaded esf version 1.2, am i supposed to download like the very first version, then install the other things, or is there just something wrong with my comp

btw it says :
The file ": \CWINNT\system32\oleaut32.dll could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination. Access is denied.

im not smart with comps... i dont knoe what tha thing means

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!

Best answers
hey i did that and when ever i go to create a game it sais cannot load mellee sounds from sever and wont create HELP please or teach me how to use steam to play ESF EMAIL ME OK [email protected]

Brolly USSJ1 said:
In your shortcut to the esf game using won make sure the path for the shortcut reads like this!

C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

just paste this over the old path and it will work i had the same problem

Best answers
shadowzdepth said:
i downloaded esf, and i tried installing it, but it said there was an error..
i downloaded esf version 1.2, am i supposed to download like the very first version, then install the other things, or is there just something wrong with my comp

btw it says :
The file ": \CWINNT\system32\oleaut32.dll could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination. Access is denied.

im not smart with comps... i dont knoe what tha thing means

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!
im having the exact problem too

Best answers
Hey are there any console commands that like raise healh or speed or even power level

I just wanna try somthin fun with friends thats alll :)

Best answers
I hate this steam thingy. Please can someone tell me how to play a normal lan game. I installed 1.2 full. When I run it from the icon it says steam is needed. I installed steam. Now when i double click it steam comes up and a window appears steam - updating. Below is an empty loading with intilizing written on top of it and an empty button which is actually a cancel button. The game doesn't run and steam doesn't respond. Just tell me the steps to install a esf in which i can play a custom lan game with the bots. I can't even bring up the esf main menu all because of this steam. By the way. What is WON.

Best answers
When first i used to go to create game and played any map it used to say. Userconfig.cfg not found. I fixed that by renaming a file config.cfg to userconfig.cfg but now during when the map is loading the console says.
Cannot find gfx/vgui/fonts/800_Scoreboard Title.tga The second line goes
Cannot find gfx/vgui/fonts/800_Scoreboard Small.tga
And the third line goes saying Cannot find gfx/vgui/fonts/800_Melee Text.tga
What should I do. Please help me.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Question: I'm on Steam and I can't set my server name, max players, or password!
Answer: Download this and extract it to your esf directory.
Default Steam path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(Your Steam E-mail Address)\half-life\esf

Question: Whenever I try to launch ESF I get "could not load library ...\half-life\esf\client.dll"
Answer: Download this and save it to your Half-Life directory. If you already have a fmod.dll in your half-life directory, overwrite it.

Question: My HUD is all "washed out"
Answer: Type "gl_spriteblend 0" in the console.

If you have additional fixes, feel free to post.

the link dont work...
in queston2...

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Question: Whenever I try to launch ESF I get "could not load library ...\half-life\esf\client.dll"
Answer: Download this and save it to your Half-Life directory. If you already have a fmod.dll in your half-life directory, overwrite it.
The link is broken!!!

SOMEONE HAVE THE fmod.dll?

please!!

Best answers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have steam but when I finish insalling ESF and I click on the shortcut it says it cannots find STEAM.exe and I get it to find steam but when I find steam it does not load up the game it loads up steam.

Best answers
wehn i click on esf i say ok then i see install button it wont let me click do u need half life full or demo...and i got steam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need half-life 1. Go out and buy it.

Unless you have Counter strike, or Day of Defeat. (Not source)

If you have those, you can legally download half-life via steam. If that doesn't work, buy half-life to play. It's only like 20 bucks

Best answers
I GET THE EXACT SAME THING WHEN IT SAYS "Your .dll[cl_dlls\client.dll] is different from the server"
ITS REALLY BUGGING ME.....I JUST WANT 2 PLAY AND HAVE FUN....plzzz help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom