Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question: I'm on Steam and I can't set my server name, max players, or password!
Answer: Download this and extract it to your esf directory.
Default Steam path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(Your Steam E-mail Address)\half-life\esf

Question: Whenever I try to launch ESF I get "could not load library ...\half-life\esf\client.dll"
Answer: Download this and save it to your Half-Life directory. If you already have a fmod.dll in your half-life directory, overwrite it.

Question: My HUD is all "washed out"
Answer: Type "gl_spriteblend 0" in the console.

If you have additional fixes, feel free to post.

Best answers
Question: The Highres Textures aren´t working when i choose them in customation screen.
Answer: Add cl_hightexture "0" to config.cfg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question: Why don't DragonBalls show up in maps when I play CTDB mode?
Answer: The maps don't support it and the gamemode was abused and crashed alot anyways (it was experimental). Don't use CTDB mode until ESF 1.3.

Best answers
Question: Sometimes after I am thrown, my crosshair is off to the side
Answer: Press your home key

Best answers
Question: My Aura is all weird and isnt normal.
Answer: Try cl_aurabend 1.

Question: My mp3 player isnt working, help.
Answer: Try cl_mp3player 1.

Best answers
Question: I can't change the gamemode?
Answer: Open your game.cfg and change "gamemode" (0 = free fighting / 1 = team deathmatch / 2 = CTDB)

Question: My listenserver isn't shown in the server list, why?
Answer: Type "sv_lan 0" in the console/listenserver.cfg

Best answers
Question: When i try and joing a game, it says i cannot join a custom game without installing the custom game first. But i have installed it. I'm using WON.

Answer: ?

Best answers
In your shortcut to the esf game using won make sure the path for the shortcut reads like this!

C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

just paste this over the old path and it will work i had the same problem

Best answers
Brolly USSJ1 said:
In your shortcut to the esf game using won make sure the path for the shortcut reads like this!

just paste this over the old path and it will work i had the same problem
still not working man :rolleyes:

regards
--marty

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can we address the problem with the Beam and FX detail settings in Steam's menus? It seems that the beam quality keeps jumping between low and whatever I actually want it to be set to. When returning to my Config.cfg file afterwards, the game appears to have removed all of the added commands (for 24 bit textures, mp3player, all the stuff in the advanced menu pretty much).

EDIT: Duh, at the top of the config.cfg file it says:

// This file is overwritten whenever you change your user settings in the game.
// Add custom configurations to the file "userconfig.cfg".

I'll try adding the custom settings there.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Can we address the problem with the Beam and FX detail settings in Steam's menus? It seems that the beam quality keeps jumping between low and whatever I actually want it to be set to. When returning to my Config.cfg file afterwards, the game appears to have removed all of the added commands (for 24 bit textures, mp3player, all the stuff in the advanced menu pretty much).

EDIT: Duh, at the top of the config.cfg file it says:

// This file is overwritten whenever you change your user settings in the game.
// Add custom configurations to the file "userconfig.cfg".

I'll try adding the custom settings there.
finally someone asked that question! someone please answer him!
:shocked:

Best answers
xavier2k3 said:
Question: When i try and joing a game, it says i cannot join a custom game without installing the custom game first. But i have installed it. I'm using WON.

Answer: ?
I have the same problem, will someone pleeze help. i would liek to join in on the fun too

Best answers
yes here is the answer! Right CLick on your shortcut and click properties make sure the path reads like so // This file is overwritten whenever you change your user settings in the game.
then make sure were it says start in it say this
C:\Sierra\HALF-L~1\
then hit ok and your shortcut should work!

NOW SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question: OH NOES. I keep crashing in game. It mostly happenes when the map changes.
Answer: Open up your liblist.game and change the:

gamedll "esf_bot\esf_bot.dll"

-to-

gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

Best answers
Brolly USSJ1 said:
yes here is the answer! Right CLick on your shortcut and click properties make sure the path reads like so // This file is overwritten whenever you change your user settings in the game.
then make sure were it says start in it say this
C:\Sierra\HALF-L~1\
then hit ok and your shortcut should work!
You also make sure you have the latest version of HL (1.1.1.0)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already answered it myself. If you put all of the appropriate commands in a new file called "userconfig.cfg" it all works fine. You MUST BE CAREFUL, however--many people's computers have file extensions hidden by default for all folders. So you could end up like my thick-headed friend, and it won't work cause the file you named "userconfig.cfg" is actually "userconfig.cfg.txt"

Pay attention to the icon, if nothing else. This did, however, fix all of my issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom