Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Best answers
I have missing gfx/vgui files!! They are:- 800_scouterstats and 800_melee (or 640_ or 400_)
so what am i supposed to do to make the game work??

Best answers
ok I have a very big major problem I have installed the game (v1.2) into my steam dir (E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<my thingo here>\half-life) there's also an esf dir in there too and my prob is that I can't even run the game because I double click on the shortcuts but it will come up with the browse games on steam.

Plz help me asap

Best answers
hi everyone i'm new here an for esf. my problem: the auras dont appear :\ , instead the character appears all wrong (ie: i can see the arms and not the back, i can see buu's as* :laff: and not the cape :no: ).

Best answers
hi it's me again posting to say that i'm using the 1.2 beta full, and the hl 1.1.10 and to add that this weird thing happens when the turbo is on adn when swooping.
thanks to anyone who can help me!!!!! :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tried running in opengl or direct3d?

Best answers
matej said:
I downloaded map esfm_pic_raditz but there si no Dragon balls i set to Ctdb why dont work

i have instaled 1.2.1
You need to deleate your game.cfg file ,this file sets your game to team mode no matter what u select , When the file is deleated try makeing a CTDB game.
At least I think its game.cfg , Make a backup just incase.

Best answers
hi me again ;D any1 knows whatcan i do if there is 1 ball missing in ctdb??????
that game mode is only playable in riverside map (cause they don't appear in any other map) but there are only 6 balls i can pick up, but the radar shows 7 and the last1 is just not there to pick up.
i tried to gather all other 6 balls arround the missing one (where it's shown on the radar) but still nothing ;( !!!!!!!!

Best answers
still no one helps me look the start location directory is "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -game esf is that right or not

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LeoShellmer said:
well it plays the song if i type that but the player still doesnt come up
Press F8 to get the MP3 player up

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still no one helps me look the start location directory is "EProgram Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -game esf is that right or not
no it isn't.

steam uses something like -runapp 320 or something - delete the shortcut, run steam, right click on esf and click create shortcut.

Best answers
otto_boy357 said:
hi me again ;D any1 knows whatcan i do if there is 1 ball missing in ctdb??????
that game mode is only playable in riverside map (cause they don't appear in any other map) but there are only 6 balls i can pick up, but the radar shows 7 and the last1 is just not there to pick up.
i tried to gather all other 6 balls arround the missing one (where it's shown on the radar) but still nothing ;( !!!!!!!!
i didn't get an answer to this post yet. i hope that someone answer this this time

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't do anything about it. That whole gamemode will be fixed in 1.3 though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
halflife and esf will not work without steam - so getting the 1.1.1.0 patch for the old system will not work - get steam at www.steampowered.com - but only if you have a valid cdkey.

Best answers
Well I already have steam (thanks to half life 2 :D) I just have one problem I can't install Half-Life because it comes up with this error so if you can help me get past it I would be very appreciative it says

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applicattions. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
btw This is when I go to install it

My OS is Window XP Pro

Best answers
Questions : when i try to make my own server in ESF it desnt work so i try again and then it says Creating new server... then it just closes ESF why?
Answer:???

Neone there?

Discord Member
Best answers
I have a problem with ESF (I'm using Steam). Whenever I click on the Play ESF icon in Start-> All Programs-> Earth's Special Forces. It takes me into the "Third Party Games" Section of Steam, and I see ESF and the option to go to the website, but no play option.

Do I have to register Half-Life on Steam? I have the game installed, but I can't find the CD Key to register it on steam, so is there anyway of circumventing this?

Best answers
there is a command for raise my pl ????

And when i Try to connect to servers on steam appear this message:

"Your .dll [cl_dlls\client.dll] differs from the server's".

what can I do ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom