Beta 1.2 Help Thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need help and Ghostface:

did you install the beta 1.2.1 patch?

If you did not, get it from here - http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=46394

if you have, try other servers, as they will have a different version from your own.

undertaker - also see the above link - it gives you download links for ESF.

Best answers
When i start a game it say this Mod_Numforname:models/w_destructodisc.mdl not found were can i get that file

Best answers
i hav dl tha 1.2.1 patch but i still keep geting the load libary error \half-life\esf\client.dll"
help plz i really want to start playin this game :cry:

Best answers
Punio4 said:
and what are the commands? What icon?
i cant see my game esf in custom game ....i only have the half life 1.1.10 and steam in my pc

Best answers
i need help guys, whenever i try to install esf 1.2.1 full, i get to the directory part, im automatically in my steam/ half-life directory and the problem is the install tab is like gray. i cant click on it? why is it that i cant click on it? and yes i do have steam running while i install esf

Best answers
As I start a game there is a message on the screen that says "Please remove colored models to play on this server". I can't move but the bots seem to work fine. How do I remove colored models and fix this?

Thanks
-gerund

Best answers
I downloaded map esfm_pic_raditz but there si no Dragon balls i set to Ctdb why dont work

i have instaled 1.2.1

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe ctdb is buggy at the moment - plus there is no guarantee that map actually has them in it.

Best answers
i have 1.2 and thete map there were fragon ball but i installed 1.2.1 then dragon ball gone i try everything in install 1.2 agian no hope

Best answers
I just downloaded and played that map, and the Dragon Balls are there. Make sure the Game Mode is on "CTDB [experimental]". I remember reading a bug about the Game Mode not taking effect properly, so try creating the server again if it doesn't work the first time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
QUESTION : can't see beta1.2 under my steam played games list , tryed the steam pack , but still no luck , i am wanting to play online , Help Please (why do i sound like a noob begging for help) ?

Best answers
for some reason my mp3 player isnt working. i tried reassigning it to another key and it still didnt work. any ideas?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tried putting cl_mp3player 1 in the console first?

Best answers
Sorry, I should of thought to put this in here, first.

SYMPTOMS: While playing ESF 1.2, (was only tested on 1.2 & 1.2.1) my computer randomally crashes either back to the "ESF Desktop" (The picture of Vegeta kicking Piccolo, with your choices of Find/Create Server, Options, and Quit) OR you get kicked entirely from the game, straight to the Windows desktop only after a few minutes of gameplay. When kicked to either screen, no error message is displayed for what reason you were kicked, however the console reads: "Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client ###" (### representing a number), AND you are using a Linksys or Actiontec Router/Cable Modem.

PROBLEM: According to SteamPowered.com, there is a problem with the latest set of firmware drivers for the router. You must DOWNGRADE your drivers for the router in order to prevent this crash from happening.

SOLUTION: The original link posted by SteamPowered, can be found here: HERE. In order to install older firmware drivers, first you must download an older driver set. Search HERE towards the bottom of the page for a list of firmware drivers for the BEFSR11/31/41 Routers, the most common router used by home PC users. The set I used that sucessfully worked were the 1.39. Then follow Linksys instructions HERE to update your firmware to this version. Once finished, your game should no longer crash in this method. This saved me alot of headaches!

For Actiontec hardware users, read the post from SteamPowered.com HERE.

I hope this is helpful for some of you who are searching for answers to this problem, as I was. I just happened to stumble upon the right answers. NOTE: Be sure you are using the correct firmware set BEFORE you FLASH your ROUTER! This may cause errors in your router if you use the incorrect firmware set. Also, flashing your firmware will more than likely reset your port forwardings to their FACTORY DEFAULTS!

Best answers
I have a problem with my mp3 player. See, I have version 1.2.1 and when i press F8 the player comes up but all it says is "Songname.mp3". Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom