Beta 1.2 Help Thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep. redownload, as you have a corrupt installer.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Question: I'm on Steam and I can't set my server name, max players, or password!
Answer: Download this and extract it to your esf directory.
Default Steam path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(Your Steam E-mail Address)\half-life\esf

Question: Whenever I try to launch ESF I get "could not load library ...\half-life\esf\client.dll"
Answer: Download this and save it to your Half-Life directory. If you already have a fmod.dll in your half-life directory, overwrite it.

Question: My HUD is all "washed out"
Answer: Type "gl_spriteblend 0" in the console.

If you have additional fixes, feel free to post.
2 one of the cilent.dll still isnt working.

Best answers
Question:When i try to start a server, everything goes fine until the server starts. When it starts, ESF shut down.

Best answers
Hi iam new and have a problem with the install. If i try to install it into Steam/steamapps/mye-mail/half-life/

the install stop when it tries to install the gamestartup.mp3.

I have tried to install the 1.2 Betafulll

if i install the 1.2Beta light the install stop when it tries to install a map.

Please help me

Best answers
vilburn said:
Hi iam new and have a problem with the install. If i try to install it into Steam/steamapps/mye-mail/half-life/

the install stop when it tries to install the gamestartup.mp3.

I have tried to install the 1.2 Betafulll

if i install the 1.2Beta light the install stop when it tries to install a map.

Please help me
im having the same problem with the start game mp3 thingy, dunno what to do... :(

Best answers
I install a Counter-Strike software but not a HL. Only if I put the esf folder in C/Sierra/Counter Strike then I can see ESF in the custom game (mod listing).
I also have a problem of "Could not load Library C/Sierra/Counter Strike/ESF/cl.dll/client.dll" I download the fmod.dll posted and put it in the Half Life directory (overwrite it) but the problem is still here.
Help me plx :cry:

Best answers
I'm using Steam and I've downloaded and installed the latest version of ESF in the Steamapp folder. Now, I can't directly start the game, when I try to start it from Steam it just sends me to the Browse Games page and when I try to open it through Half Life the game doesn't show in the games list even after I refresh it... can you help me start the game?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This works with esf 1.2
Create a new shortcut of hl.exe and add -nomatser -game esf
It should look something like this:
"C:\Games\CS 1.6\Half-Life\hl.exe" -nomaster -game esf

Best answers
have the same problem as everybody else the dll differs but i cant seem to get the patch.... is the patch 213 mb.......... anyways i really need help no servers i can play on steam

Best answers
I made a thread with this question, but there seems to be next to no one coming to the Help threads, so I'm going to re-post it in here.
I just installed Half-Life, Steam, and ESF again after not playing while. I'm running ESF through Steam and right once ESF loads, I get an error which says,

grSstSelect: non-existent SST

Could somebody help me out with this?

Best answers
i have the same problem as croovman

Q: i bought cs:cz, and since i have that, i also downloaded sounterstrike with that off of steam. now, when i go into the play game menu, and select esf, all that happens is that the browse games menu pops up.....do i absoluteley HAVE to have half life? or will it be able to work with my CS:cz?

Best answers
When I Run EFS My Computer Sends A Messege Stating That It Can't Load Client.dll and It won't work this is the where I run it from: CProgram Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\curtis_is_cool\half-life\esf\cl_dlls Pease Help!!!

Best answers
When I Run EFS My Computer Sends A Messege Stating That It Can't Load Client.dll and It won't work this is the where I run it from: CProgram Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\curtis_is_cool\half-life\esf\cl_dlls Pease Help!!!
And The First One Thats Tells How and where to DOWNLOAD link won't work :(

Best answers
Question: Whenever I try to launch ESF I get "could not load library ...\half-life\esf\client.dll" can u plz gave me the step by step oh how to fix this im a newbie to this game n i want to start playin

Best answers
Hi does anybody know

How can I download

ESF plz tell me i want to play that game !!! : :cry: :talk: ((

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom