Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Best answers
Brolly USSJ1 said:
yes here is the answer! Right CLick on your shortcut and click properties make sure the path reads like so // This file is overwritten whenever you change your user settings in the game.
C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf
then make sure were it says start in it say this
C:\Sierra\HALF-L~1\
then hit ok and your shortcut should work!

NOW SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!
Can we address the problem with the Beam and FX detail settings in Steam's menus? It seems that the beam quality keeps jumping between low and whatever I actually want it to be set to. When returning to my Config.cfg file afterwards, the game appears to have removed all of the added commands (for 24 bit textures, mp3player, all the stuff in the advanced menu pretty much).
i realy don't understand what you mean. and i do have the latest version of half life. what you on about changing user settings in the game? I'm not the only one who has this problem.

My current shortcut goes to:
"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Half Life\hl.exe" -game esf

regards
--marty

Best answers
Should be

C:\Program Files\Sierra\Half Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

try that.

Question: Bots crash me or give me problems?
Answer: Get the latest patch for ESF bot Here

If link doesnt work, try looking in the Bot faq Here

Best answers
Everytime i try to start the game, Half-Life Launcher has an error or the game closes without warning at the loading screen :(. Is there anyway to fix this problem? plz send me a solution by email to [email protected].

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
Should be

C:\Program Files\Sierra\Half Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

try that.

Question: Bots crash me or give me problems?
Answer: Get the latest patch for ESF bot Here

If link doesnt work, try looking in the Bot faq Here
it says that that directory is not valid.........:S someone please help!

regards
--marty

Best answers
Code:
*crosses fingers*

That should work..>_>

If not try

Code:
C:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
Code:
*crosses fingers*

That should work..>_>

If not try

Code:
C:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf
he is definitely right! If this doesn't work for you then you just have a corrupt install or somethin. I have the steam and the won installed and they both work flawlessly exept for the occasional :warning: :warning: :warning: "HALF-LIFE LAUNCHER ERROR" :warning: :warning: :warning:

Best answers
Problem: Graphics for power up is screwed up, and no flame animation when powered up, also, lags on explosions that are close by, and camera screws up when in a struggle.

Best answers
Question: It's weird. When I go to join a server. When it's Precaching Resources, it says that I'm disconnected, and the reason is "Timed Out"...What does that mean? And how can I fix it?

Best answers
I try to join a 1.2 server on steam and get "Your .dll[cl_dlls\client.dll] is different from the server, but i have 1.2 installed. This error does not happen if i play ESF 1.2 on Won servers.

Best answers
Rainer: It happens because your pc might have low ram, and it needs to precache alot of things in ESF, same thing happens to me in NS and CS. Just connect to the server again after you get that message and it should work.

Damirith: Thats probably a 1.1 server running 1.2 version of EVM. Try other servers that have ESF 1.2 in the name.

Best answers
Most of them say ESF 1.2 in the name. I tried joining like 10-15 different servers on steam and i get the same error.

Best answers
SOMEONE POST A .cfg file or a patch so with the highest options in steam for esf 1.2 or just make a patch that will not delete your steam settings when you quit!

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
Rainer: It happens because your pc might have low ram, and it needs to precache alot of things in ESF, same thing happens to me in NS and CS. Just connect to the server again after you get that message and it should work.

Damirith: Thats probably a 1.1 server running 1.2 version of EVM. Try other servers that have ESF 1.2 in the name.
Well I do have considerably low RAM (128 MB).

Best answers
Problem: Whenever I edit my mp3 playlist and try connecting to a server, hl.exe crashes. Keeps happening until I quit ESF via steam and open it up again, at which point my playlist is the default again.

Answer: ?

Edit: Btw, anyone know a fix for my Windows XP 60 fps limit? (Before Windows XP on 1.1 I used to get constant 100 fps)

Best answers
Wipe the playlist, and remake it.

Also could try disabling the mp3 player with cl_mp3player 0 and adding it back to 1.

Reiner: The ram thing is exactly the same as me dude, I have no help other then what I said.

Best answers
SOMEONE POST A .cfg file or a patch so with the highest options in steam for esf 1.2 or just make a patch that will not delete your steam settings when you quit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom