Best answers
Half Life 2 Logo Contest

Ok, and here are the rules:
--------------------------------------
Use THIS logo

Any size you want

No specific style, just do what you do best, but it MUST be based on the logo
---------------------------------------
The Winner will be declared by errmm.....ME!!!!

Here is the logo you will be working with:

And the PSD download link:
Click Here

Its just for fun, and its always fun to see some cool contests in the artwork forum.

Feel free to edit any part of the logo that you want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you asked a mod yet if you can do this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O, you dont have to ask a mod to open contests for FUN....its not going to be used for anything, its just for fun.....

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No need to contact a mod, the only stipulation is that you do not add "official" to the title.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. now here is my wip of what i'm doing. Still have some bugs to work out. IT's a wallpaper.

1024x764=

Best answers
Well here's my attempt, just a feature work, not a wall or anything.

Valeska

V
i would join if i liked HL, i just hate the game 2 bad i'm the only 1..
maybe wenn you make another competition

Best answers
well, im working on it, but I thought I'd just show how mine is going right now. I know its just arranged enhanced stock, but hey, its what I got so far :]

Best answers
Saiga thats cool dude but, i am assuming your finished, the gordon freeman on the left blured looks a bit off... may be not so much blur. the rest of it fits brilliantly imo.
IsrAlien i'll comment on your work when its done but i dont think having two 'hard' pictures like that is a good idea, looks a bit squashed and the size of gordan on the left maybe a bit too big. might wanna resize him to be smaller.
gj... btw this is just and opinion from a Pro_n00b so dont know how good advice this is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i made an hl2 wallpaper like a year ago... ill try and dig it up

Best answers
Heihachi Mishima said:
Saiga thats cool dude but, i am assuming your finished, the gordon freeman on the left blured looks a bit off... may be not so much blur. the rest of it fits brilliantly imo.
Thanks dude I appreciate your input. And yeah, I am finished. T'tell the truth I've always loved the Gordon Freeman character, I wanted him blurred for a reason, he's been thrust into the middle of a horrific existence and isn't sure who he is anymore. I made the full-body pic of him blurred more than the face because as a person he's lost and has been changed by the background; by what's going on. As for his face, he's the same physically, so I figured to leave that relatively clear.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiga said:
Thanks dude I appreciate your input. And yeah, I am finished. T'tell the truth I've always loved the Gordon Freeman character, I wanted him blurred for a reason, he's been thrust into the middle of a horrific existence and isn't sure who he is anymore. I made the full-body pic of him blurred more than the face because as a person he's lost and has been changed by the background; by what's going on. As for his face, he's the same physically, so I figured to leave that relatively clear.
what is with everyone putting meaning in art these days?

Best answers
Kept working at it, and I got two versions at the moment -

and...

still not done, might even say far from done :] but working on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it me, or does it look like you and saiga have the same bg.

Best answers
humm firstly id like to say to Smurf sorry forgot about your one in my first post... well im sorry to say i dont like it at all, the whol compostion doesnt flow for me, i understand its a WIP so i hope you do fix those bugs.

Saiga: lol i gotta agree with GFK on this. But i never really thought of CG art as having a meaning, but i get your view/meaning. it is nice to have a meaning, give the Art a bit more background. I get ur view of having Gordon Freeman blur, but i still feel that having it blured that much makes the pic look low quality, which would contrast with the Gordon Freeman image on the right. what do u think?

IsrAlien: well erm... i think your one if flowing in the same direction as Saiga's. I understand that you may feel that there may be only a few backgrounds that woul suit the themes and images but how about tring something else. The grey backgrounds where used in Smurfs and Saiga and it it seeming a bit repeative. I would like to see something different. That goes for the writing in the background too.

Ice Man: pwnage

atm imo :
(gold) : Ice Man
1) Saiga
2) Smurf
3) IsrAlien

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going well, hmm.... I like the 1st version IsrAlien, its really clean. OMG! IceMan, thats beautiful, i think ur going to win.

Best answers
Smurf said:
Is it me, or does it look like you and saiga have the same bg.
Nah mate, they don't even look similar, not to me anyways. Contrast, sharpness, no way Isr could possibly have done exactly the same as me.

HM/GFK: It's not a meaning, it's fact. Using common knowledge about a piece of work is invaluable if you want something to appeal. It's not a 'deep meaning' or anything, I used his character to portray the image, that's all. Call it a theme if you will. HM, if it bothers you that much I'll post a less blurred version lol :p

Edit: Updated (less blur on full-body pic);

Best answers
lol Saiga thats much better... nice job :yes: but my preference order still stand, Ice Man pwns :shocked:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom