Beam Struggle Camera.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've posted this very very long time ago, which was before ESF Beta v1.1. And the idea is quite simply. When you are in a struggle, there should be an option / button to change the camera mode to either go a little bit to the left so you can see the struggle, OR the camera changes completely to the center of the struggle with a little distance from it so you can see the struggle perfectly.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the most amazing sugestion I ever see this 5 days :D...very cool more like BUDOKAI 3 MAUAHAHAHAHAH its not hard to implant but I didnt see team member to post on a sugestion EVER!!! maybe an team member should come and say APROVE OR DIZAPROVE ...this is my sugestion sorry Sky I interfered on your sugestion :D

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can allready change your camera if you want to see the strugal you will probably get blown by other if you look in a difret direction

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being able to change the camera freely is in, but being able to do that during a beam struggle is quite hard. I think this is a very awesome idea.

Best answers
Just wondering, do you have an idea of how to switch to the camera modes?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love it if the camera would gently 'swoosh' over to place where the two beamheads collide and follow the heads. That way, you can see it moving to your opponent or yourself a bit easier.

The downside that I can see to this, is that you can't see what's going on around you unless you turn the camera to you, and only if the struggle isn't too far away from you.

Best answers
The only problems i see with this is 1. Usefullness and 2. Not all of maps are big enough for the camera to zoom out enough.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And now a team member of esf 1.3 should be coming and say... "It will be in" , "No it will be not" I realy apreciate this ..

Best answers
I really like the idea, and wouldn't it be cool if there was a little more effect around the beam heads? Like sparkles or something?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warrior Whithin said:
And now a team member of esf 1.3 should be coming and say... "It will be in" , "No it will be not" I realy apreciate this ..
No it will be not

That's why we have the struggle meter. Unless the suggestion is to have it just for the sake of having it, in which case I can't see it as adding any sort of viable gameplay. If you can explain how this can improve gameplay other than "it looks cool" I'd be happy to reconsider my standpoint.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You seee that wasnt hard esf 1.3 team member was it? When anyone will make a sugestion PAIN or other admins or team members say WILL BE or WILL BE NOT because we all make 59 pages in a sugestion and isnt implated :| thanks for that :D I apreciate (Sorry Ski for interiring on your theard and make sugestion) and now the hard is the sugestion of SKY will be in or not simple and to the note

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warrior Whithin said:
You seee that wasnt hard esf 1.3 team member was it? When anyone will make a sugestion PAIN or other admins or team members say WILL BE or WILL BE NOT because we all make 59 pages in a sugestion and isnt implated :| thanks for that :D I apreciate (Sorry Ski for interiring on your theard and make sugestion) and now the hard is the sugestion of SKY will be in or not simple and to the note
So you whant the admins to obey your evry comand maybe they r busy doing the game that's way they don't answere here

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way it would look at all dramatic would be if you added a camera-shake function to it, otherwise, looking at static struggling blasts is a bit boring.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can ashure you that youll have a lot to do with the new PS system XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I asure you guys that you won't be finding a legit arguement to convince Pain to include this new feature.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's why we have the struggle meter. Unless the suggestion is to have it just for the sake of having it, in which case I can't see it as adding any sort of viable gameplay. If you can explain how this can improve gameplay other than "it looks cool" I'd be happy to reconsider my standpoint.
Due some of the sizes of the beams, you can't always see how far or close the beam is from you. Besides, in the series you mostly always see a different "angle" of the drawings to see the beam struggle perfectly. Hence this suggestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a nice idea, but it needs a bit more thinking through.

In Tenkaichi, if you get into a beam struggle the camera cuts to one player, then cuts to both of them + the beams, then to the other player, back to both + the beams, and repeats. It's amazingly cinematic and looks great.

Maybe the ESF camera can switch between players, not necessarily the struggle itself, but just between the two players involved (the HUD needs to remain onscreen though).

The same should apply to block-struggles, and it would be nice if both were an option or cvar to enable/disable as the player wants.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Due some of the sizes of the beams, you can't always see how far or close the beam is from you.
That's why we have the struggle meter.

FF|Skyrider said:
Besides, in the series you mostly always see a different "angle" of the drawings to see the beam struggle perfectly. Hence this suggestion.
Unless the suggestion is to have it just for the sake of having it, in which case I can't see it as adding any sort of viable gameplay. If you can explain how this can improve gameplay other than "it looks cool" I'd be happy to reconsider my standpoint.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think hes complaining about not seeing where the struggle is at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom