Beam Struggle Camera.

Best answers
I guess having a sideline view would help a bit. For a map like esf_city,
when the power struggle is between a long distance, the struggle meter doesnt help much.
The meter is relative to the distance between the two, but when you are fighting you cant just go around
calculating relative distance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either way, the meter will tell you if you're winning or not. Speaking from personal experience, I've never found myself wondering, "Gee, I wonder how far away the struggle is from me", since even if for some reason I couldn't see the beam heads, I'd be able to see the light emitting from them, or hear the sound they make as they approach.

Honestly, I really don't see a point for adding this in other than for "it's cool" value. The coders have enough on their plate as it is, so even if this were going to be added, it would be an extremely low priority.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's eye-candy that doesn't reduce FPS, what's not to like? :p

Oh right, the coding...

Still, it would contribute to the DBZ atmosphere - that's something.

Best answers
Instead of that with the camera then just improve the struggle meter so you can see how far it is from you or how close it is to you etc.?

Best answers
struggle meter doesn't always work. It was clearly in the blue...but then I looked up and saw the beams slowly inching towards me...

Yeah, that kinda sucked.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The camera should pan out a bit farther and upwards in 3rd person, so that way the player can fully see the struggle. Then when it ends, the camera would go back to normal. Right now the beams are so big that you can barely see any of the action (it gets in the way.) My idea has nothing to do with "eye candy", just fixing a minor issue.

So if the camera was farther out during beam struggles, it would allow the player to see "easier".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom