Batman: Arkham Origins

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be nice to track a target rather than follow 5 steps and have the map light up with the end goal

Making the whole game bigger (excluding map size) will make it more enjoyable. Longer story, more side quests.

Improvement is where it's at

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;FVO1wz1BN7Q]http://youtu.be/FVO1wz1BN7Q[/video]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is Kevin Conroy not playing Batman in this one or was that just a placeholder voice actor for the trailer?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, that sucks but I guess it would make sense that young batman would be a little less gruff sounding.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looking forward to it, took Z Powers advice from 2 years ago and smashed through asylum and city, fantastic games. From what I have heard its based 6 years earlier? And the cops don't know who batman is yet so they could be an enemy aswell.
Looks great though! Love the new detective mode!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;CkgzMVIzaZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkgzMVIzaZo[/video]

Best answers
This game really is promising.Arkham Asylum and City are by far my favourite games and I really hope they can top City.And theoretically,they should have no problem doing that.Actually,if you think about it,they can't go wrong.Because they were given everything from the very beggining.Many people complain that Origins and City look the same from what we have seen and it is true.When it comes to the gameplay and mechanics WB Montreal barely had to lift a finger because they already had everything from the beggining.I'm not saying this as a rant,on the contrary it is great.But through this we can understand that WB didn't have to worry about key gameplay,which is tough to do,which is great news for us.Because this means that they can spend their time adding new stuff like a bigger world, a batcave,hopefully Wayne Manor,and most importantly Boss battles.Actual true boss battles.The only boss battle in my eyes was MR Freeze.And from what i've heard the team made the battles using that blueprint, and we will have a lot of them too.Plus many more.I can't wait to play in multyplayer.
Bottom line we don't have to worry about the game being worse because it is impossible.Think of ot this way:It's like comparing Goku(Arkham City) to Goku PLUS something new(Arkham Origins).There is no way Goku alone could win.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure there is. If Goku(Arkham City) was at his peak when Goku + something new(Arkham Origins) was old and decrepit.

That said, still looks like a good game.

Best answers
Why would it be old and decrepit?It is the same material...Just a different skin so that it doesn't look identical.Same thing plus new stuff wrapped in another exterior.It makes no sense to call it like that. To call something old and decrepit implies that something better is out there, something new. Which it isn't.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, an origins story.

Again.

Who woulda thunk it? Just in case you never heard of Batman or been to the movies the last 20 years...

Whilst technically impressive, I find this the least interesting approach to recycling the franchise. I enjoyed the first two, but now I guess we've just reached that natural point of marketing progression where instead of taking what you have somewhere creative, we regurgitate it from the start once more, whilst carefully cleansing it of key aesthetics that made it enjoyable in the first place. If you're going to vehemently flog a franchise for the better part of a decade, at least be tactful about the lack of creativity.

Best answers
This game is just a decoy for the Arkham City sequel..And that promises to be a fantastic game.But that game needs time to be produced in order to top Arkham games that are already phenomenal.And of course WB wants to make more money until Arkham 4 is released.This is why this game is the Origins of batman.
But actually this ISN"T an origin story!It doesn't show the way Batman or joker or anyone else was created..That is the beauty.It shows the origins of Batman's first encounter with his long known array of supervillains.And it also shows how Batman became The Dark Knight from a simple vigilante..Batman is around for 2 years and knows how to be Batman.He has encountered enemies before,just not on par with him.He is used to being the best.I'm actually looking forward to this.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I find your optimism adorable, it's very likely that this game will not be better than Arkham City. Arkham City was a natural progression. Origins is just gonna be more Arkham City.

Which isn't necessarily bad, I believe it'll be a great game, but I have to agree with Kynetik on this. Developers are quick to use the "origin" stories for some easy money. I'd like to see some more of the beloved Batman arcs made into game form and some more envelope pushing with the character developments.

Best answers
You'll all know that I'm right when the game is out.Even though is pretty clear to see that is going to be better,in the end it's all speculation until October 25th.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Released 10 minutes ago. It makes my pants tight so far. The new Batman voice actor does a good job of portraying a green Batman. Graphics are really nice and, more importantly, really stable (amazing what you can do when games are properly optimized for pc use). I haven't gotten through enough story to say one way or another on that, but it's promising so far.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far, I'm liking the character aesthetics in this one more than the other 2. Seems a lot less cartoony so far.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super horrible open world lag on the PS3 makes me crazy sad

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sucks. Couldn't be smoother on pc if it tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom