Batman: Arkham Origins

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sorry to hear that. The pc version just runs ****in' gorgeously. They'll probably be a patch for the console versions in the next couple days to fix it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But by then I'll have black flag

WHAT DO I DO

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. Even if the story didn't completely suck in AC, the rest of it doesn't elevate it above a one-time play that I definitely won't even finish.

Anyway, Slade is ******* awesome.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree on that. I didn't even finish any of the games. Went 'til about half way in, then kinda just stopped playing and didn't think twice about it.

I have yet to get anywhere. Only got about 20 minutes of free time to play before I had to head to bed. Do you get to -play- as Deathstroke or is he just that bad-ass that his antagonism permeates the game?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can use him in the challenges if you pre-ordered, but in the story he's just a badass you fight. I assume we'll see a lot of him.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been reading a few of the reviews of the game, and its getting scored pretty harshly. Don't let these reviews persuade you not to play the game, because they're all full of shit. If you liked Arkham City, you'll like Origins. Why? Because its a better version of AC. In fact, I'd say this game is the best Arkham to date, as it improves on literally everything from the past iterations. Is it an entirely new experience? No, but where do you go on current gen consoles when you've reached the pinnacle that is AC?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because no one paid off IGN or Gamespot. It's the same with Sonic: lost world. I tried it out and it's a ******* fantastic game, but reviewers are going in with the wrong mentality. It's not sonic 3, it's gonna play ******* differently.

So far, I adore Arkham Origins. Against all odds, they made a great origins game. And no, it's not different. I dunno what idiot went into arkham origins expecting it to be vastly different from arkham city.

Thanks for bringing that up. I dunno what it is, but a lot of amazing games have been getting sup par scores recently and it's been pissing me off. If I look up a game, I usually go to metacritic and look at the user score.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those on PC that want to unlock the bugged Burnley Comms Tower and don't want to wait for a fix.

[video=youtube;HkDLaojdCCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw[/video]

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also there's a PS3 fix coming soon

In the mean time all I have to do is not fast travel, Which I can live with. Or fast travel and then stop for the night as a reset clears the lag

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was screwing around with mp play. It's alright, but it could've been a lot better. Wouldn't have been worth paying extra for it. But wtf is with the aversion to text chat? It's on pc, we have keyboards. Mass effect had that problem too.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is it so far? I would imagine it would be similar to AC/AA, but is it better/as good as the previous games? Definitely going to pick this game up eventually, but not until at least a few months later.

Also does the Warden make an appearance at all?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's great. Like I said before, it improves on literally everything. The detective scenes are far better now, for example. You don't really play an active role other than scanning for the next clue, but it gives you great insight into Batman's intellect and analytical abilities. I'd say this is the first Arkham where Batman is actually a detective, which goes hand in hand with his being new to the game, as it were. In City or Asylum, he'd look at a strand of hair floating in the air and holy shit, Bane must have teamed up with Joker and since Bane loves vanilla ice cream he's probably at the book depository but wait Joker knows I know he likes vanilla so they're actually at the bank!! None of that this time.

Combat remains mostly unchanged. A few new animations and you can't cancel your animations to counter, forcing you to actually gauge your own response time. The aesthetics really make this game special. I prefer this slightly more realistic approach to the character design. But the unspoken hero in this game is the music. AC had alright music, but Origin's soundtrack really does it for me. What concerns me are the scenes where Joker and Batman tongue kiss. I understand Bruce is trying to discover himself, but I don't know that this was the way to go about it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;aSeARjpIj5o]http://youtu.be/aSeARjpIj5o[/video]Angry joe reported quite a number of problems glitches and launch failures. Anyone had these of sorts?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't had too much of a problem with glitches, other than in combat where my flow will get ruined because apparently Batman grew a conscious and fails to punch someone. PC seems to be the better version, for a change.

Oh, expect for the bug where you get stuck in a radio tower.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't encouncter any crashes, though the graphic settings reset once for no reason when I relaunched the game (I launched it like 10 times so far).
Regarding the Burnley Comms Tower bug, I don't think certain video settings (V-sync, 4x MSAA, PhysX) are required because I did it with V-sync off, 2x MSAA and no PhysX.
I did encounter a few bugs related to Enigma's datapacks/data handlers, though, and I don't think I can get around them without waiting for a patch.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't had too much of a problem with glitches, other than in combat where my flow will get ruined because apparently Batman grew a conscious and fails to punch someone. PC seems to be the better version, for a change.

Oh, expect for the bug where you get stuck in a radio tower.
I got around that by already having the high powered hacker tool thing. I just hacked the console through the wall. Other than this, the only other bug I've come across is during the mad hatter side mission. A plate is supposed to float on the water, so you can grapple your way across a river, but it seems to get stuck in the ground. I had to drown myself a bunch of times before the plate would actually sit in the water properly.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom