🍂 Regular
Best answers
thats exactly what I've read about it.

I also read its basically just bf2 with new units

funny fact, firewall says bf2 instead of bf2142... so I was told

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't had that problem yet. The only problem I've had among many others is being kicked by PunkBuster for no reason. I think Battlefield 2142 is awesome, a whole lot better than Battlefield 2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed, BF2142 is so much more better than BF2, although the weapon sounds dont have enough "strength" and some game aspects are quite lame.

Best answers
So many EA haters around here. This game is fun. Just because you happen to have a problem with the game, doesn't mean it sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EA Games did NOT make Battlefield series!
it was DICE alone!
Kenny83 ofcourse people hate ea, they just buy other gamehouses so that they wouldnt have any competitioners at all, and then they dont give a **** to what happen to their developed games! lets take an example: westwood was almost bankcrupt and they were developing multiple games, then ea games bought them, and started developing own c&c games like generals! THEY SUCKED! Ea games just takes biggest credit of all games! when u start up game, how many ****ing times u see EA GAMES LOGO!?
yes, alot... and when comes the terms of copyright, there is usually in left or right corner at 100x100 the real developer!

same thing in BF, Dice made contract with ea games so that ea games publishes the game, in order that in startup comes that stupid ea games logo, and in corner is dice logo.... nowadays everyone thinks that EA GAMES is good, best of the all, the one and only, make good games. WRONG!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
it was DICE alone!
Kenny83 ofcourse people hate ea, they just buy other gamehouses so that they wouldnt have any competitioners at all, and then they dont give a **** to what happen to their developed games! lets take an example: westwood was almost bankcrupt and they were developing multiple games, then ea games bought them, and started developing own c&c games like generals! THEY SUCKED! Ea games just takes biggest credit of all games! when u start up game, how many ****ing times u see EA GAMES LOGO!?
yes, alot... and when comes the terms of copyright, there is usually in left or right corner at 100x100 the real developer!

same thing in BF, Dice made contract with ea games so that ea games publishes the game, in order that in startup comes that stupid ea games logo, and in corner is dice logo.... nowadays everyone thinks that EA GAMES is good, best of the all, the one and only, make good games. WRONG!
Actually, Westwood studios started to work on Command & Conquer: Generals until they were bought and forced to go in EA's direction if I remember correctly.

EA Games as a business could be considered the best, though the methods they use to obtain that status isn't usually liked.

Best answers
Being bought out by EA is a good thing if you are a developer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe for them, but think about the gamers! i've noticed that all the new games are copies of something else! these old games are much better playable, and also these developers only sustain to graphics, not to gameplay, example=
10/10 graphics
0/10 gameplay
100% copy of Halo i.e

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kenny83 said:
Being bought out by EA is a good thing if you are a developer.
How is it a good thing? Once you're bought out by EA, they own your titles and they have control over them while you don't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
soon they will buy disney o_O
I cant even imagine what lametard things they will do after that.

PS. For all u BF -diggers, forget it after 2142.. Ea Games bought DICE and i can guarantee that the new BF games that ea develope wont be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Hmmm.... looks familiar.

BF2142 gets 0/10 from me for not working.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I literally laughed, for 2 minutes, good ****.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where did you guys download it from? That could be causing the problems. I know FilePlanet edited the file, so downloading it from there probably isn't the best idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=1268041&sls=2#1268041

Helped to fix my problems, but I would rather have not played.

Maybe they have city maps which are better, but the demo map is a POS. It wouldn't hurt if people playing the game weren't idiots. It took me 10 minutes to figure things out, and then the next match I led the scoreboard until we lost. It's like people fail to understand the concept that you need to capture points. And even the people that do realize this go about it in the stupidest ways imaginable.

There's a mech guarding that point... hmm, maybe I'll try driving up the main road in a buggy. Yeah, that'll work!

After watching a couple guys get toasted driving straight at the point, I ran around behind and captured the point right out from under the mech's nose. And of course, the guy in there was too stupid to just get out and shoot me - that is, if he even noticed me taking the point, or even thought somebody might try not going up the main road.

So, yeah, it's alot like BF2. Demos are good in that they can shave off hours of downloading to find out if a game is worth playing, let alone buying.

Best answers
Wow. I actually wasted ten minutes downloading this. After seeing this thread I'm not even going to give the demo a shot. Why? Because I hate EA and everything it produces/gets it's disgusting hands on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
it was DICE alone!

Generals/Zero Hour did not suck. Heck, I still play zero hour at lans a lot.

I was just watching one of my friends play the demo, it doesn't seem that bad. Hopefully EA aren't forcing Dice to release 2142 like they did with BF2. While EA's business practices may be in question and rather horrible most of the time, I'm sure most games still appeal to their target audience.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I played it, and I'll be sticking with Joint Operations a while longer. It's alright, nothing too special. I really enjoyed spawning and getting mowed down as soon as I did by a camper in a vehicle. When I did get moving, I felt the infantry combat to be, well, lacking, especially compared to Joint Operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom