AWESOME BF2142 Demo screenshot!!!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
The 9700 did(does) have it. I've heard BF2142 really is just... boring. You move too slow on foot, and vehicles are just overpowered. And nice screenshot, SaiyanPrideXIX.
It's really not boring unless you are in a server with 16 people; the 64 player servers are definitely not boring. The slow movement is due to most people forgetting that you can change your armor type, which the default is set to heavy, meaning that you'll move much slower than if you wore the light armor. The vehicles aren't that powerful, all of them have weakpoints which make it easier to kill them. It's easy to take out a mech, all you need is an APC and a tank, the APC fires the EMP rockets while the tank just blows it away. Either that, or you can switch between the different positions in the APC since it is also equipped with regular rockets.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've yet to find a 64 player server that wasn't laggin to hell.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just played about 4 rounds in a row, and it's still fresh. There was this one GOOD game where everybody didn't rush the Titan after the shields were down, and the enemy couldn't touch our Titan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far it's pretty fun, the vehicles are pretty cool. Also no problems at for me yet besides for some sniping issues. When looking far away the people sometimes dissapear and come back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the draw distances piss me off too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it working.

Over 15 minutes to optimize shaders to lowest settings.

Alt-F4 for the win.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you get to play it?

If it helps, my X1600Pro 512 took a year and a half to optimize the shaders, but once it was done, it didn't need to be done again.

Best answers
With the graphics maxxed out dual 7900's took about 7 to 8 minutes to optimize the shaders, after it was done tho it didn't have but like a 30 if that second load time, feels the same as BF2, but the glares, and shiny parts on the vehicles are a nice touch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did get to play it, eventually...I found it dull. The map felt abandoned; everyone was camping one room in the titan.

Conceptually it was all great. It's too bad it was made for the battlefield fanbase, who of course won't use even half of it. Lowest common denominator gameplay has driven me from the world of computer games, unfortunately, and BF2142 was a perfect example. Everybody wanted to win, not have a good game, so it was rush the silos and rush the titan gen room. Once I was in the Titan I found everybody; it was pretty weak, overall.

My experience with the game could have been very different if I'd played with a good lot. I was just out of my element, probably, but still--I'll probably uninstall it and never play again.

I cranked it to medium and the framerate wasn't good so now I have to tweak settings down a bit...of course each time I do that I have to reboot the game and wait fifteen minutes for the shaders, so...why the hell should I bother??

There'll probably be a better one on Xbox in a couple of months anyhow.

Best answers
how did you get it to work? Mine keeps giving me a directx issue and i can't understand why since the demo comes with 9.0c which i already had installed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The demo DOESN'T come with Direct X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, just go download that DLL file and throw in in your windows/system folder and it'll work.

Then prepare to not be impressed.

Best answers
got it going. my god, this game is awesome. I was becoming bored with -modern- combat games like BF2, but this.......oh this is the winner.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tsunami said:
got it going. my god, this game is awesome. I was becoming bored with -modern- combat games like BF2, but this.......oh this is the winner.
.....come again?

Best answers
frsrblch said:
.....come again?
Tsunami said:
my god, this game is awesome. I was becoming bored with -modern- combat games like BF2, but this.......oh this is the winner.
Better? No really this game is freaking sweet. Titan mode = bleh, but conquest with all those people = teh pWn

What I do find funny is this game runs much smoother than BF2 does. I didn't even have to wait long for the level to load. Crazy eh? BF2 takes a good 5 mins to load a level, but 2142 took 2. a 3 min difference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does work better than BF2, I'll agree there. But I think in many places if detail isn't maxed it looks much, much worse.

Plus, I dunno...the map always feels so barren and empty to me. Vehicles die too easily, weapons have too far a range infantry-wise, and I don't think I've spent more than ten minutes alive, and even that is wandering to some silo more than 700 meters away. I don't buy war games to run across 700 meters of nothing only to be DOA!

Personally I liked BF2 better, though the concept of this is really cool. It's a shame it had "Battlefield" in the title; otherwise I probably would be a lot more fair to it. Though again I'm sure a great port will come out on Xbox360 that I will definitely pick up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
War story time! [Best BF2142 game yet] [Conquest] [6 men per squad]

So, this time, the commander had VoIP O_O

He told everyone to join a squad, and he meant EVERYONE! So everyone did. Basically, he set everything up perfectly. Put two squads in the two air transports avaliable, two into the ground, and the rest split up in either buggys / tanks.

So we set out, captured three locations. Enemies were attacking Warehouse from Harbour, so he put our squad in a air troop, and we all flew over to Harbour. We paradropped in a circle around the area, took out any enemies and captured the point. He told us to defend, so I took a look at the map.

I could see about three squads moving together, working together. They were attacking Office, one from the area below office (which i can't remember) and two from the middle. One squad got wiped out by something.

I could also see at least one squad defending each flag. You can't put anymore detail than that, besides that each squad had two assault, two engineer and two support. Ours did anyway.

So it went all calmly and smoothly until our great commander, told us to all rush the front lines (being the three points closest to the enemy "uncapturable" base.

Tickets were around 200 - 100 at this point, so we had a very large advantage.

Three squads defended the three flags at the front lines. The rest.... rushed towards the enemy base, stole their vehicles, secured the perimeter and just partied.

We won.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually having a lot of fun with the demo. I think, if anything, one thing they did well was make sure you aren't running 700 meters across the desert to get blown up by a tank. The introduction of APCs and transport ships as respawn points, along with those assault pods, means that in a heavily populated server I can get into the action almost instantly. I like the guns better in this one too.

The infantry combat itself though, I find slightly lacking. It seems like most people either just run in on a buggy or drop in on an assault pod, straight onto the silo. People taking up defensive positions on top of buildings and stuff is a rarity; it's just one big closerange cluster****. I also honestly find vehicles to be REALLY powerful, although that might simply be because the AT gun and the AT emplacement are, imo, kinda weak. The introduction of Active Defense though was really cool, adds a whole new strategy to vehicle battle.

If anything though I want to blame the map. Sidi Power Plant is pretty underwhelming. I love Titan mode though, it saves it, although the inside of the Titan could use a little makeover (4 tunnels and a room in the middle is pretty lame close quarters combat)

I'll probably end up buying it -_- I'm a sucker for mechs and giant ships.

Best answers
bapplebo said:
War story time! [Best BF2142 game yet] [Conquest] [6 men per squad]

So, this time, the commander had VoIP O_O

He told everyone to join a squad, and he meant EVERYONE! So everyone did. Basically, he set everything up perfectly. Put two squads in the two air transports avaliable, two into the ground, and the rest split up in either buggys / tanks.

So we set out, captured three locations. Enemies were attacking Warehouse from Harbour, so he put our squad in a air troop, and we all flew over to Harbour. We paradropped in a circle around the area, took out any enemies and captured the point. He told us to defend, so I took a look at the map.

I could see about three squads moving together, working together. They were attacking Office, one from the area below office (which i can't remember) and two from the middle. One squad got wiped out by something.

I could also see at least one squad defending each flag. You can't put anymore detail than that, besides that each squad had two assault, two engineer and two support. Ours did anyway.

So it went all calmly and smoothly until our great commander, told us to all rush the front lines (being the three points closest to the enemy "uncapturable" base.

Tickets were around 200 - 100 at this point, so we had a very large advantage.

Three squads defended the three flags at the front lines. The rest.... rushed towards the enemy base, stole their vehicles, secured the perimeter and just partied.

We won.
Lol the reason this wouldn't work in the real game is because, with the upgrades unlocked the engineers would tote around anti air rocket launchers.

For the buggys a emp grenade+a marine with a rifle.

For the other air transport the long range lance anti vehicle laser projectile.

You fought against inexperienced BF players, commander really doesn't do anything more then aware you of the pressence in BF2142, and emp a group of enemies, yes sad but true emp strike is the new artillery, least it was in the beta.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. I dont even know if the enemy HAD a commander at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom