AWESOME BF2142 Demo screenshot!!!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be why it doesn't work pride, it requires SM 2.0 to work. It won't work on my wife's laptop for the same reason.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's lame.

So it's BF2, with new models, and a more limiting userbase.

Yeah. **** EA.

Best answers
Well for the ones that happened to stay with the game, and didn't clunk out after the first crash, honestly my beta crashed more then once, but the game was good regardless.

Before they edited it, we didn't need no stinkin buggy's we used the launchpods, thats right those launch pods from the APC's used to launch you from 1 titan dam near close to the other one.

Mech walkers, lol not to much to say about them, they are the only vehicle that can pass over walls, also the steep hill you speak of, the mech shouldn't of had a problem with it, they are equipped to handle that kind of terrain.

The gunner problem as soon as you spawn, that has been a problem in BF as long as i remember and it will probably always be a problem in BF, unless they add invulnerability for a few seconds after spawning, but i don't see it happening.

The beta was great, but i haven't tried the demo, ill wait for release, but like all battlefields, i will give them time to work the bugs out, i will have splinter cell, and MKA to tide me over till then.

All i can say to the guy speaking of the titan camping, be glad you had no unlocks, it is better to deal with support newbies, then it is to deal with det-pack recon uber newbies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i can say to the guy speaking of the titan camping, be glad you had no unlocks, it is better to deal with support newbies, then it is to deal with det-pack recon uber newbies.
Yikes. I'll stay away from something so horribly unbalanced, thank you.

Best answers
BAHAHA somethingawful.com got their hands on the BF2142 demo, this is all they had to say about it.

Battlefield 2142 Demo Impressions

The Battlefield 2142 demo is 1.08 Gigabytes. It comes in a zip file, which was thoughtful of EA. Compression is awesome!

The file sits on my desktop just below my Recycle Bin. It isn't overbearing at all. I like the way it looks.

I like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's about how mine is.

I can't believe the requirement of an SM2.0 card for a game that uses the same damn engine as the last one...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what I find ironic about that Pride, when everyone was *****ing about the PS3 at one point requiring a 1080p HDMI digital on interface for blueray movies to show, thus requiring a $1000+ television upgrade, you were all for it, claiming that progress has to be made for better image quality. Well, you just got the fruits of that on the PC end, lol.

Not a personal attack, just an observation that has me chuckling. I'm not to happy about the ever climbing system requirements. For instance, Win XP has to be activated to function, right? What happens when XP is not longer supported by M$? Are we going to have copies of XP that cannot be reinstalled? F.E.A.R. is another game that has insane system requirements, I couldn't even play it for more than 16 fps with my last computer on low. My current comp, a AMD x2 939 platform, can't run it past an average of 40 fps. Farcry and Doom3 were similar ball busters, requiring new video cards to be manufactured to meet the specs of the games, same with HL2 lost coast's HDR. It's a trend that bothers me look at what is going to happen when vista comes out, want DX10? Be prepared to pay out the ass for it! New video card, new OS, ouch. That new game Crysis is going to be another ball buster, it's going to require the AGEIS Phys-X phsics processor, and a DX10 card with SM3.0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
That would be why it doesn't work pride, it requires SM 2.0 to work. It won't work on my wife's laptop for the same reason.
Cuc >_>... Radeon 9700 does have SM2.0 <3.

Best answers
Eh.

EA is not necessarily bad for buying out companies...after all, the owners of the company CHOOSE to accept EA's cash at the price of soverignty. EA does, however, tend to overadvertise and **** over series, and can be pretty bad to the developers. Generals was a good game, no doubt, but it was NOT a command and conquer game. Only in name could Generals and C&C be compared.

A good example of a publisher I like is THQ. They are very good at communicating between the dev team and the community (to put it frankly, EA sucks balls in this regard), they don't whore their name everywhere (you see the developers' logo as much or more than the THQ logo), and they don't put unreasonable deadlines or demands on the developers. You can tell this because THQ games are typically far more polished than most others. Lack of polish is usually a sign of unreasonable publisher deadlines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big C-Man said:
You know what I find ironic about that Pride, when everyone was *****ing about the PS3 at one point requiring a 1080p HDMI digital on interface for blueray movies to show, thus requiring a $1000+ television upgrade, you were all for it, claiming that progress has to be made for better image quality. Well, you just got the fruits of that on the PC end, lol.

Not a personal attack, just an observation that has me chuckling. I'm not to happy about the ever climbing system requirements. For instance, Win XP has to be activated to function, right? What happens when XP is not longer supported by M$? Are we going to have copies of XP that cannot be reinstalled? F.E.A.R. is another game that has insane system requirements, I couldn't even play it for more than 16 fps with my last computer on low. My current comp, a AMD x2 939 platform, can't run it past an average of 40 fps. Farcry and Doom3 were similar ball busters, requiring new video cards to be manufactured to meet the specs of the games, same with HL2 lost coast's HDR. It's a trend that bothers me look at what is going to happen when vista comes out, want DX10? Be prepared to pay out the ass for it! New video card, new OS, ouch. That new game Crysis is going to be another ball buster, it's going to require the AGEIS Phys-X phsics processor, and a DX10 card with SM3.0.
Yeah man, I thought of the same irony. But I'm mad--this isn't a new engine or anything like that, it's just higher requirements for the same gimped one BF2 ran on, that's why I was mad.

I dunno. My frustration with PC games lately has made my acquisition of the Xbox360 all the sweeter, honestly....

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah man, I thought of the same irony. But I'm mad--this isn't a new engine or anything like that, it's just higher requirements for the same gimped one BF2 ran on, that's why I was mad.

I dunno. My frustration with PC games lately has made my acquisition of the Xbox360 all the sweeter, honestly....
It's a modified engine thus the specs for pc requirements WILL change.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish they would fix PunkBuster and keep it from kicking people because their ping spikes for a few seconds.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
It's a modified engine thus the specs for pc requirements WILL change.
Essentially, they added SM2.0 elements in the rendering engine, and were to lazy to make another rendering mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't SM2.0 old? I know my 9800 runs it fine, did they not have it in the 9700?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Titan mode is seriously a ripped off of that game play mode in Unreal Tournament 2004 where you go to the core and destroy it to win the round. I didn't think anyone would notice it til now.

Tank controls are ghey. Even the hovercrafts were ***. This game sucks.

Battlefield 2 > Battlefield 2142.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
Eh.

EA is not necessarily bad for buying out companies...after all, the owners of the company CHOOSE to accept EA's cash at the price of soverignty. EA does, however, tend to overadvertise and **** over series, and can be pretty bad to the developers. Generals was a good game, no doubt, but it was NOT a command and conquer game. Only in name could Generals and C&C be compared.

A good example of a publisher I like is THQ. They are very good at communicating between the dev team and the community (to put it frankly, EA sucks balls in this regard), they don't whore their name everywhere (you see the developers' logo as much or more than the THQ logo), and they don't put unreasonable deadlines or demands on the developers. You can tell this because THQ games are typically far more polished than most others. Lack of polish is usually a sign of unreasonable publisher deadlines.
bull****! generals sucked so damn hard! well ur right, it cant be compared to c&c games.

if u have played ra2, ra1, tiberian sun and all those great games alot, u know what i mean..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stay on the topic, please.

My awesome screenshot. :0)

Ea is notorious for pushing developers too hard and forcing them to burn the candle at both ends. A good example of this is Generals vs. Warcraft 3 and Starcraft. Though years old, War3 and Starcraft still get updates and fixes pretty regularly; Generals hasn't had a patch in years even though it badly needs new multiplayer protocols. The difference is that EA controls the devs of Generals while Blizzard maintains its own production schedule.

That's why Starcraft has working TCP/IP and Generals doesn't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Isn't SM2.0 old? I know my 9800 runs it fine, did they not have it in the 9700?
The 9700 did(does) have it. I've heard BF2142 really is just... boring. You move too slow on foot, and vehicles are just overpowered. And nice screenshot, SaiyanPrideXIX.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. Thanks.

I actually have a 9800 Pro, I should probably update that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom