AWESOME BF2142 Demo screenshot!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The BF series for me, can be described in that one word -- lacking.

I do blame EA, because they push these products. I mean the game isn't even on a new engine but I bet it still has all the same flaws as the old one. What do they care? Get it out as soon as possible for the least amount of costly time worked on it. New models, a "promo" beta, and now an open "demo" only a couple of weeks after the beta closes. Frigging A, man. I wonder what they learned from the "Beta" that was applied in this demo...

...apparently it wasn't to include necessary DLL files!

I do blame EA for not having their people (in this case, DICE) take the proper time to set the **** up right. But what do they care? This is a multiplayer game, it's brainless as hell. You get like 3 character models for each race, 10 guns or so, 10 vehicles, rent a physics engine you have no idea how to implement, put down capture points, and call it a few million bucks profit.

I bet you still die from a rubber raft floating into you, huh?

Either way I really wanted to play because a futuristic team infantry/vehicular combat game is really one of my favorite types and there aren't too many out there.

Ah well, maybe it'll come out for the consoles and not suck that bad, the way BF2 did.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there's a new JO type game for me around the corner, apparently Novalogic is doing a China/Taiwan conflict game, Delta Force: Blowback, Operation Acid Gambit and a tv to game adaption of the Unit. These'll probably sate my hunger for infantry warfare.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its like in bf2, you need special graphic cards or?

i liked bf2 and i gues i will like bf2142 aswell, but yeh they suck in some ways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called "DICE can't code a 3d api because they're staffed by retards who don't know how the hell to beta test." I mean for god's sake, man--I don't even have a unique rig. No weird ram, no weird vid card, no nothing. And the **** didn't even TRY to start. I mean that's pathetic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's called "DICE can't code a 3d api because they're staffed by retards who don't know how the hell to beta test." I mean for god's sake, man--I don't even have a unique rig. No weird ram, no weird vid card, no nothing. And the **** didn't even TRY to start. I mean that's pathetic.
Y'know, I personally don't have much experience with BF games so I can't judge how well they run..

..but I think, in any gamer's book, a game that runs as ****ty as that, deserves to get *****ed about.

I think I'm starting to see why you dislike DICE so much. o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I also should point out that other developers use betas to fix bugs. This one, the beta was a promotional tool. The "demo" is probably functioning no better than the beta was.

I mean HL2, sure I complain about Valve all the time, but they at least gave it an honest effort at making it work. Did they succeed? Not in my book--a game with nothing more than higher texture caps and a physics engine should vary so wildly from other similar games in terms of performance, if you ask me. But they at least worked on it.

This...hell, I bet this **** was done three weeks after BF2 came out. They just waited for the final few bucks to roll on before rolling this out.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah, I also should point out that other developers use betas to fix bugs. This one, the beta was a promotional tool. The "demo" is probably functioning no better than the beta was.

I mean HL2, sure I complain about Valve all the time, but they at least gave it an honest effort at making it work. Did they succeed? Not in my book--a game with nothing more than higher texture caps and a physics engine should vary so wildly from other similar games in terms of performance, if you ask me. But they at least worked on it.

This...hell, I bet this **** was done three weeks after BF2 came out. They just waited for the final few bucks to roll on before rolling this out.
One of the original beta test members on the PlanetBattlefield forums have stated that the beta builds were more stable than the demo.

I don't think anyone likes DICE, they don't care about the community so they go ahead and do whatever they want. Battlefield 2 is the prime example of how much they don't listen to the community.

Cucumba said:
Well, there's a new JO type game for me around the corner, apparently Novalogic is doing a China/Taiwan conflict game, Delta Force: Blowback, Operation Acid Gambit and a tv to game adaption of the Unit. These'll probably sate my hunger for infantry warfare.
I remember hearing something about those titles but Novalogic hasn't said anything yet nor updated their website.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I can't even believe you wasted your time downloading the demo...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
I can't even believe you wasted your time downloading the demo...
Believe it!

Battlefield 2142 isn't as bad as everyone thought, it's pretty addicting if you ask me, especially the Titan mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's growing on me, but I still think that my team mates are complete morons.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
It's growing on me, but I still think that my team mates are complete morons.
Interesting enough, I was helping my teammate by being a gunner while he drove a mech and he got the idea that a mech can walk down a very steep hill, needless to say, that idea back fired kiling us both.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why I love the Australian gaming community sometimes. AKA, Walker sharing, transport ships wait for you, they cover your back and you cover theirs.

Best answers
MC said:
How is it a good thing? Once you're bought out by EA, they own your titles and they have control over them while you don't.
If a company that big is interested enough in you that they will buy you out... then you have a lot of choices. You can charge them a lot of money (being the obvious choice) then start a new company.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoy it. It's better than average. But not by much at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just discovered the campability of the Titans. Just get support, and have two guys sit in each hallway. Nothing can get past you.

Not exactly fair, but it's BF after all.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I just discovered the campability of the Titans. Just get support, and have two guys sit in each hallway. Nothing can get past you.

Not exactly fair, but it's BF after all.
Just hope neither of them get kicked by PunkBuster before they can defend the consoles. It's usually the core that's a really easy place to defend from the inside, but it's a real pain to get in there when you have half of the other team in there.

I've been trying to figure out why I haven't been going up in rank or in experience, it's irritating me since I want to unlock the grenades.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no unlockables in the demo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And there are also no grenades in the demo, which, again, isn't making attacking any easier.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Pride what card do you have? If you don't have a SM 2.0 card, it won't run the beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom