Attention Losers @ ESF: It may not be your fault!!!

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Whenever Im not able to get into a server with decent ping I ll usually endup going to one that has like 160-220 ping for me those would be Euro servers, im in Canada, but I kinda like playing in high ping :] it more challenging id say. challenge = fun in my opinion.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Awww,poor poor poor Overlord.Yes my friends,Overlord used to be a gun at ESF
and his mummy ruined his dreams for becoming a 1337 ESF Player *Sigh* Parents sooo stoopid sometimes.

@Smeg....you smell....only n00bs rely on Ping >_< Ill show you Vids of Kai playing...he has a ping of like 90 and owns ppl that are your fighting level @ a 20 ping. Smelly Smeggy :) -Alliteration

-GuZzie
Kai actualy plays better in 90 ping than 0 ping. Cause he ussed to it.

Put the same situation on someone else. You play at 50 ping all the time. Youll play worse at 100 ping.

Thats just how it is.

BTW i know its none of my buisness. But you are kinda anoying to say the least.

If you are good thats fine. If you are not good thats also fine. But your coments are that of a six-year old. Come on man have you no shame.

As for this whole thread. Ofcourse ping maters. But it also maters to what you are ussed to.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, ping just ****s with your timing, when you get used to playing in a certain ping it takes some adjustment going from one to the other. I used to play in US servers all the time a long time ago, then i switched to european servers and it was like my skill level dropped everytime, after a game or so I'd be back to how I was on the US servers.. bleh, maybe thats just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean, I get pwned 10 - 4 by my 1 friend if I play with 100 ping, but when I create the server he gets 30 ping, funny, but then I'm dead even....that suckorz, so I can't like fight at my full in a tourny or anything...meh.

Sometimes I play in europe ervers with 500 ping, well that was a few months ago I used to play in hl2files server 90% of the time, I actually got frags, it's pretty amasing...now I can't even get the noobs :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
donnierisk said:
I know what you mean, I get pwned 10 - 4 by my 1 friend if I play with 100 ping, but when I create the server he gets 30 ping, funny, but then I'm dead even....that suckorz, so I can't like fight at my full in a tourny or anything...meh.
I'll take it easy on you next time ;)

PING only really takes effect after 80 anyways, and even then its only minor. After 150 though it REALLY messes up your timing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kai actualy plays better in 90 ping than 0 ping. Cause he ussed to it.

Put the same situation on someone else. You play at 50 ping all the time. Youll play worse at 100 ping.

Thats just how it is.

BTW i know its none of my buisness. But you are kinda anoying to say the least.

If you are good thats fine. If you are not good thats also fine. But your coments are that of a six-year old. Come on man have you no shame.

As for this whole thread. Ofcourse ping maters. But it also maters to what you are ussed to.

I can stand by that, although I am used to playing at a 0 ping against some friends. Unfortunatly it really effects my game play when I come back onto the 80ping server. Also Gussie is pretty close to that age. You get used to it after the constant flaming of random spam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Provided I have a few tweaks set here and there, I can bare to paly over dial up as long as I connect at 49.2k or higher (been connecting at 52k recently). When I was at my peak, I could go to a server full of newbs and kill them on 500ping.

Just goes to show that if you are good enough you can even hold your own in the worst of pings/lag. Even though the people I was playing on 500ping were newbies, I was expecting my ass to be kicked because of my timing disadvantage.

Best answers
I dunno, ping just ****s with your timing, when you get used to playing in a certain ping it takes some adjustment going from one to the other. I used to play in US servers all the time a long time ago, then i switched to european servers and it was like my skill level dropped everytime, after a game or so I'd be back to how I was on the US servers.. bleh, maybe thats just me.
For me, actually, before I'm about to go 1 on 1 with someone, I will go play in a European server, for about 10 minutes, so I get use to the slow reactions, and then when I come back to the U.S. server, where I will have 65 ping, it'll feel like 0 to me, just because I get use to the slow reactions in Europe, and so it seems like my reactions are faster when I come back to the U.S. Even when I'm about to play someone 1 on 1 in Europe, I'll go to like, an African, or Austrailian server, get use to the 400 ping, and when I get back to the European server, it feels like 65 ping feels like in the U.S. It helps me with matches a lot :D.

Best answers
Ping does affect gameplay, but you'll be fine as long as your playing under 100. Anything above 100 and I can feel that delay.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not new ;P
Cant get any more obvious then that actually :p

Best answers
Thats not new ;P
Cant get any more obvious then that actually :p
Hey well maybe it's not as obvieus to some people as it is to others ;)

Don't overate the human mind, we are decended from Monkeys you know, and that still sometimes shows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok...anyways, Mccd, pretty true, but sometimes by doing something like that your timing will be off, because you'll be used to the high ping and you'll react differently when getting attacked, but this is actually more of an advantage like you said, that other reaction thing I just spoke about hardly affects your fighting.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I usualy play with 80 + ping and the last days my ping goes from 140 to 200 and from 300 to 100..
but still i got used to and i play like i have 120..
i wish i could play with 60 -. That would be eaven greater then what is now :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Major bizzaro! I found a server (CS) that has -18 latency!

Anyway, even at a good ping (30) you still feel the lag if a person joins with 180. I struggle even further with lag but on a good server, i can give a good fight.

Best answers
I've always played with a ping of 20-....and whenever I beat some1 it seems to be the only excuse >_> "ur ping is better than mine by 20." Big whoop,I actually wouldnt mind playing with a ping of 90,80 or somewhere near there,it might be a lil more interesting for me.As we all know,Kai usually plays with 90-80 and owns ass.

-GuZzie

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Way to smuggle in messages from someone who was banned for an extremely good reason.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got the notice, thanks for reporting the post Zeonix.

Now, as for Ar$enovicius, when a user is banned, it is usually with just cause. It is never in your best interest to act as a go between so that they can still be heard on these forums. The next time it happens, you will be warned formally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom