Assassins Creed III

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad that i was heard. Heh. :)

Oh and i like the idea of free-running in the wilderness, jumping from tree to tree, climbing rocks etc. It's definitely an improvement.

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The trailer was awesome but what comes after that is even better. Here:

[video=youtube_share;F2i-dRkPtQA]http://youtu.be/F2i-dRkPtQA[/video]
And(Naval battle ftw) :cool:
[video=youtube_share;hspJkskHJGY]http://youtu.be/hspJkskHJGY[/video]

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone else think the naval combat sequence would've been great for Risen 2?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Does anyone else think the naval combat sequence would've been great for Risen 2?
Many things could have been good for Risen 2. But because they were either not put in the game or if they were, they were so poorly executed... well makes that game remain nothing but glorified junk.

This one however looks absolutely fantastic, I've always liked the AC 2, AC B and AC R sequences like the flying machine and all the other crazy stuff, but this one seems to be just brilliant.

Last edited:
Warmachine
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Game of the year, no doubt :devil:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
lol, i never imagined that you will be able to drive a ship in an Assassin's Creed game ^^

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;Bd9jsIGZpoQ]http://youtu.be/Bd9jsIGZpoQ[/video]

There's still this problem with AI. You're pretty much the only person around with a hood, yet none of the enemies pays attention to you once you "blend". There should be a Hardcore difficulty setting where enemies are something more than mere idiots.

The graphics of AnvilNext engine look very good, though. And there are quite a few new features in the game. Also Connor seems to be much more awesome than Ezio. Possibly a game which I won't uninstall after completing the main story.

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
How is that a problem with the AI? That's simply a problem with the design itself. Just because the character looks shady and easily detectable to you doesn't make that it's designed to be like that for the characters in the game.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
http://youtu.be/Bd9jsIGZpoQ

There's still this problem with AI. You're pretty much the only person around with a hood, yet none of the enemies pays attention to you once you "blend". There should be a Hardcore difficulty setting where enemies are something more than mere idiots.

The graphics of AnvilNext engine look very good, though. And there are quite a few new features in the game. Also Connor seems to be much more awesome than Ezio. Possibly a game which I won't uninstall after completing the main story.
Let's see now, the things that are new and really caught my attention: You can jump in moving haystacks and assassinate from them, you can hide in bushes that seem to blend in more with the environment rather then just being the obvious hiding spot, new climbing mechanics, like trees but even ropes from ships that have a specific form, you can play hangman with guards, the guards are now British(me gusta), you can enter specific buildings to escape pursuers, either the guy playing was not that good, or the guards seem more tough and dangerous now(hopefully this is it), you can duck behind certain covers and you can hide in plain sight disguised as a prisoner.
Tell me if I missed something.
But for the things I've noticed different from other games in this video I have to say: Freaking Awesome!
Also I think you noticed, but it must be an alpha problem, when Connor grunts from climbing and such he sounds like young Ezio.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe this will be one of the best pre-purchases I've ever made.

Just a nice person :)
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The games are great but I still miss the sneakiness sometimes. If you look at skyrim and it's sneaking you can say it really feels fun to do.
I wish they added a better feel to it in assassin's creed because currently I feel a bit more rambo then assassin to be honest because of the melee combat.

Just saying what could be better, I still love the games very much.
And I'm definitely gonna try this one out.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The games are great but I still miss the sneakiness sometimes. If you look at skyrim and it's sneaking you can say it really feels fun to do.
I wish they added a better feel to it in assassin's creed because currently I feel a bit more rambo then assassin to be honest because of the melee combat.

Well just like in Skyrim it is up to you to decide if you're Rambo or not am I right? Also unlike Skyrim, when you sneak, you usually do it in plain sight by blending in in thick crowds, or at least that's what the game is trying to suggest, or you walk on tall buildings, rather then rely on the shadows and on dumb AI that get's shot with a an arrow and after a quick alerted search they go, "hmmpf must have been my imagination."

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
How is that a problem with the AI? That's simply a problem with the design itself. Just because the character looks shady and easily detectable to you doesn't make that it's designed to be like that for the characters in the game.
It is my (and I bet many other people's) problem with AI. Obviously it's not some sort of mistake since the game was designed that way.

The game actually gives you an opportunity to choose yourself whether you wanna be a ninja or a rambo. I believe that in Brotherhood and Reveleations the "Full Synchronization" objectives wanted you to mostly be ninja. In AC3 trailer it kinda shows the rambo side, though. Probably to let us know just how skilled this new assassin is.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There were some good sneaky moments in Brotherhood, especially when going to destroy Leonardo's inventions, but those felt a bit scripted. Something like that but unscripted would be damn cool.

There also needs to be a victim view kill or something in the game. Imagine the victim's viewpoint moments before getting killed sneakily. Nothing out there, and then all of a sudden, HUG OF DEATH!!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
There were some good sneaky moments in Brotherhood, especially when going to destroy Leonardo's inventions, but those felt a bit scripted. Something like that but unscripted would be damn cool.

There also needs to be a victim view kill or something in the game. Imagine the victim's viewpoint moments before getting killed sneakily. Nothing out there, and then all of a sudden, HUG OF DEATH!!
Oh but this is what people do not actually realize. There are a lot of non-scripted sneaky moments in the games. The only problem is that most people keep failing them and go: "Well, it's time to Rambo again. Taste my mace!"

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh but this is what people do not actually realize. There are a lot of non-scripted sneaky moments in the games. The only problem is that most people keep failing them and go: "Well, it's time to Rambo again. Taste my mace!"
There are moments of it, yes. But it's a game about assassination, it should be more along the lines of the first few Splinter Cell games, where in you can play through the whole thing without being noticed once. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't seem to understand why developers feel the need to force action sequences into a game that should focus on the stealth gameplay. I'm NOT saying, make it so if you're spotted you lose, but it SHOULD make the game much harder once your spotted. If I can get into the castle without alerting a soul, don't suddenly force me to fight my way out through the entire countries army. I stealth in and kill my target in a stealth way, let me decide if I want to stealth back out or not. Similar to the hitman games where in you get a worse rank for the more people your knockout/kill because it means you were spotted.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
There are moments of it, yes. But it's a game about assassination, it should be more along the lines of the first few Splinter Cell games, where in you can play through the whole thing without being noticed once. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't seem to understand why developers feel the need to force action sequences into a game that should focus on the stealth gameplay. I'm NOT saying, make it so if you're spotted you lose, but it SHOULD make the game much harder once your spotted. If I can get into the castle without alerting a soul, don't suddenly force me to fight my way out through the entire countries army. I stealth in and kill my target in a stealth way, let me decide if I want to stealth back out or not. Similar to the hitman games where in you get a worse rank for the more people your knockout/kill because it means you were spotted.
Just to note none of the splinter cell games are openworld as far as I know. All ac games are openworld, which means doing things like you suggest is pretty tough to pull off, because an open world is less scripted then a closed one, therefore much more unpredictable.

What they can do is make the guards more dangerous and more tough, a thing that they did with those Janisseries or however they where called in AC:R. Actually the only thing they should do is have the guts to make enemies even more dangerous= player would want to avoid all-out-fights, and be more sneaky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom