Assassins Creed III

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That question didn't seem rhetorical to me.

I think what's happening is fine. I pre-order most new games I buy anyway so I get extra bang for my buck

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They still annoy the shit out of me, I just find limiting other peoples content for some giant big thing that should of been in the original game because it just seems like it's important but they limit it to DLC.

You know, I"m fine with very small limited content and cheap DLC because they're just to hard-out fans that wan't more, but adding something important to DLC-Only (Which happens) is a pretty bad marketing move.

It's like they actually plan this shit out. like in Board Meetings I bet their like "Alright, lets make ACIII, any DLC ideas that we'll announce before we ******* release the game?" You know, I'm not even joking. I bet some game companies just ACTUALLY do that. they're all like "Alright, we'll announce the game, but let's talk about what we should do for DLC."

I'm not saying Ubisoft does this. Infact, they usually limit this to Pre-Orders which I actually get and I'm able to live without them, but I still get some of them because I love AC But this is just to all the other game companies cause pretty much all of them are doing this.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, they're doing DLC the right way this time. Since this is more like an oldschool expansion pack.

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They always seem to do that, I wouldn't call it "that" though. as I said, I'm not ranting about Ubisoft ENTIRELY, I'm just ranting abut how shitty some Pre-Orders and DLCs can be. Ubisoft respects it's fanbase (most of the time)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't like it? Crack the game!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except when they call us all pirates

Your rants about DLC and Pre-Order bonus' are incredibly off-topic btw. From what I've heard alot of early DLC are ideas they can't get fully into the game before the release date

Have you even read the article about the AC3 DLC, It's a whole new story, well worth the $30 they want for it

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not saying it isn't, Infact it looks pretty cool and I am thinking of buying it. Offtopic? It's related to ACIII isnt it? (In a way) this is named Assassin's Creed III btw, so anything with that in it's name counts. Also hleV, I could. but I won't :)

Anyway then, let's get into something "Ontopic" then. In the first Assassin's Creed game, you were able to kill Civilians if you complete the game. but after that AC, it wasn't implemented. I don't know why (Laziness perhaps?). I just really hope it's in ACIII because sometimes I just wanna grab an axe and boop people in the head with it. It's fun with the animations aswell.

Also, in the first AC, there was a hidden trick where you could actually vault. It was limited to jumping to another obstacle to perform but you could still do it. After AC1 though it wasn't even used anymore. In ACIII, I think they actually put in a fully functional Lazy Vault parkour option. Which is good since Parkouring in AC was always the same.

Oh and it Looks like they apparently re-done the melee system, you're able to roll and shit to dodge attacks and crap and countering seems to be better which is awesome. A lot of people complain about how easy AC is. But it's a game where you feel like an overpowered rambo-stealthy godlike-untouchable mysterious-hooded soldier so I actually don't mind.

Also you can ride horses again in ACIII so YAAAY :D (In Revelations, you couldn't and Brotherhood was only limited to outside towns)

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the first Assassin's Creed game, you were able to kill Civilians if you complete the game. but after that AC, it wasn't implemented. I don't know why (Laziness perhaps?). I just really hope it's in ACIII because sometimes I just wanna grab an axe and boop people in the head with it. It's fun with the animations aswell.
AC has always punished you for killing civilians

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
AC has always punished you for killing civilians
Not for the first game. When you COMPLETE the first game, then it allows you to kill Civilians but if you didnt then it doesnt allow you.

I honestly don't know why they took that out. (not Rhetorical btw)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never finished AC1 but maybe it was a mistake to disable the punishment?

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm, I actually highly doubt it was a mistake, the vault probably was like some kind of idea they had but dropped it and accidentally forgot to take it from the game completely but I'm pretty sure killing Civilians was ment to be there. I don't know, probably. Either way, even if it was a mistake then that mistake turned out to be good so I don't know why they removed it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't know why they took that out. (not Rhetorical btw)
Thanks, I was pretty confused until you pointed out that wasn't rhetorical.

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dam, I'm just very convenient (most of the time)

Oh and It's probably most likely that the Vault think was a mistake from Ubisoft since it was limited for you to jump from another current obstacle to perform. Thus why there's no tut on it and they forgot to remove it (2007 game by the way) Though the Civilians thing didn't really seem like it was glitchy or anything.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I see you fell into a discussion with Mous4u.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;ph9jn5kRo9k]http://youtu.be/ph9jn5kRo9k[/video]

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is why I adore Assassin's Creed so much. Because of it's rich Story. Another 26 days to go!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This seems to be a solid AC game. I also love the music i heard from everything released so far. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom